“Great Location”

Ranked #115 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great Location”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is an excellent location in the heart of London yet on a quiet street. I've stayed here twice and would book again. Excellent front desk service, comfortable lounge area. The breakfast is overpriced but there are many other options close by.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you very much for your great review. I am delighted that you really like the hotel and that you would stay here again on future trips to London. I also know that Kat our Front Office Manager will be very happy with your comments and will share them with her team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed at the Cavendish while attending a conference in the St. James area in June 2012. I waited until the last minute to book my hotel, so I relied heavily on advice from TA reviewers. As a result of my procrastination, I ended up paying more than normal for a hotel, but was very happy with my choice of the Cavendish.

Echoing other (positive) reviews, the hotels location, service and facilities are excellent. My room was large, well appointed with modern shower/bath facilities. Reception at all hours was courteous and very professional. I did not eat any food at the hotel so can't opine there.

Location is great for sightseeing about 2 blocks from Picadilly Circle and a short walk to the attractions of Westminster. The Picadilly/Bakerloo & Victoria/Jubilee tube lines are available at the nearby Picadilly and Green Park tube stations if you need to get anywhere else.

The only reason for my "very good" rating was price. I would highly recommend hotel to business travellers or sightseers without budgets.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you very much for you excellent review. I am delighted to hear that you had such a good stay and they you liked the hotel.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Shropshire
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed at The Cavendish on 22nd and 23rd June and enjoyed experience - very nice room and excellent breakfast. Staff helpful and courteous.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you very much for another review, I am delighted that you are happy at the Cavendish and that you have used us so many times in the past.

I hope that I can welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed here last night (23.06.12) in room 1501.

I booked a 'King Executive', when we checked in he told me it was a Junior Suite on the Penthouse floor....very pleased at this point.

The room was very nice indeed, good layout with a fabulous bathroom. The views over London are fantastic at the top of the hotel.

The bed was a comfortable nights sleep (I don't normally sleep too well in hotels, don't know why....so this is good for me!!).

I ordered a hot chocolate with room service, he said he'd be about 15 minutes...and he was. It was delicious too!

All the staff were extremely helpful during our stay & there were plenty of them.

Breakfast this morning was very good, I do love a cooked breakfast as a treat when we stay away...and this was a good one.
The restaurant was comfortable & felt very calming while we ate.

This hotel is also in a great location, away from the main strip so you don't walk out on to the busy mass of people that is London, but perfectly placed for quick & easy access to Piccadilly, Bond Street, Regent Street, Oxford Street, St James's Park, Leicester Square etc etc...

We will definitely go back to this hotel & I highly recommend a stay here.

Thank you 'The Cavendish London' for a great stay.

Carole :]

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CaroleScott
, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Carole, Thank you very much for your excellent review and thank you for the recommendation it is really appreciated. We are all delighted that you had such a good stay and hope that we can welcome you back on your net visit to London.

Southam
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Cavendish for one night only, wish it could have been more. The staff were friendly and very helpful. We had a pre theatre dinner which was good value, served in a relaxed atmosphere we also had breakfast the next morning which was excellent (try the Cavendish marmalade). A big thank you to all the staff, hope to return one day.

Two happy ladies from Warwickshire

Room Tip: Twin room was great
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for your excellent review. It is only a pleasure and we hope that you can return soon as well.

Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed at the Cavendish for two nights for my 50thbirthday with friends which happened to fall over the weekend of Trooping of the colour. The hotel was a great choice- wonderful position for all the sights especially for Buckingham Palace,Green Park, St James Park,Regent Street and Picadilly all within a few minutes! The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful the rooms were clean and well maintained and the breakfast was excellent.There are a couple of nice little pubs close by and plenty of "up market shops"in the area.Really nice stay wouldnt hesitate to go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
NeilDBraude, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for the excellent review. Happy belated birthday and thank you for choosing the Cavendish to celebrate at, and I am delighted that you had such a good stay.

I hope we can welcome you back on your next special occasion.

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I've stayed at The Cavendish at least 4 or 5 times over the past few years, for probably a total of 50 or 60 nights, so I've been in a LOT of rooms, on most ever floor, and seen most every type of room (except the suites). My prior stay/review back in 2011 was disappointing, but I decided to give it another shot on a recent trip in early June, primarly because I love the location and the rates are really quite good for the area.

This trip was a last-minute affair, so the only availability was a standard queen room, I think. It was certainly the absolute smallest room I've ever been assigned at The Cavendish, with barely enough room for the queen bed, a small table/chair, and a desk. Still, it was very comfortable, very quiet, and had a freezing cold A/C (a bit of a pet-peeve of mine - hotels where the A/C doesn't cool properly). On earlier stays some of the room near the elevators were very loud, but I think they've turned off the elevator "ding" "Ding" "DING" since my last visit - I heard nothing. They also seem to be closing the fire doors which are near the elevators at night now, which would certainly help the noise level if you're further down the hall. Regardless, noise doesn't seem to be an issue now.

The breakfast is still great, the staff is still helpful and friendly (and one of the servers in the breakfast restaurant even remembers me from all my previous stays and always greets me with a warm "Hello, welcome back!".

I'm happy to say The Cavendish is back on my "recommended" list; and I'll certainly stay here again next time I'm in London.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pw_sf
Thank you very much for the excellent review. I am delighted that you had such a good stay and that you liked some of the changes that we have made and I can assure that we will keep working to make things even better.

I hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.