I spent New Year's Eve here. I wanted to treat myself to a night of indulgent luxury, quiet and a view of the fireworks along the Thames. My wish was granted on all three points.
I paid for a room with a panoramic view. It's not cheap but I had a wonderful evening. The room was clean and had an exceptionally comfortable bed. The sofa was next to the window so I could watch the fireworks in comfort. The view was wonderful too - the horizon covering The London Eye, The Shard and other notable landmarks.
The cupboard and drawer spaces were well laid out and sufficient and the bathroom clean and comfortable with Molton Brown items, covering all of my needs.
If I had to make any criticisms - and really this would be asking me to scrape the bottom of the barrel - it would be these:
The room was quite cold but I do feel cold in most hotel rooms. However, this was no problem as they provided me with a heater (I do not like to use the heating provided by the aircon system) and an extra duvet and this was fine.
The floors are beautiful but wooden which does mean that, if the person above you walks around in shoes, you suffer a terrible clattering noise. This happened a couple of times and it's something I find really annoying - this time it happened at 2am too, but I think we can assume that's something related to it being New Year. In any case, I don't think it's something the hotel can solve - if the guest above you is not thoughtful or considerate, then I suppose there is very little that can be done.
The hotel has undergone a renovation, I understand, and it is beautiful. It feels very calm and the staff are polite, friendly and wonderfully helpful - nothing is too much trouble. I asked to borrow a kettle and it was delivered to my room on a tray with some complimentary tea and coffee items. WiFi is also free but at that level, I think I'd complain if it weren't.
It's located next to Harvey Nichols but for a me, someone who does not really relish shopping, Hyde Park was the biggest plus - it's two minutes walk away and, as a runner, it was perfect to be able to take more morning run in Hyde Park.
The hotel is also close to a tube station which meant I could be at The National Portrait Gallery in about 20 minutes, door to door as it were!
My only warning would be about parking - the hotel does not own the parking lot beneath the hotel - it is an NCP car park and so the hotel has no command over or discounts available regards the prices. I was less than 24 hours there and it cost me £48!
If I find I am able to stay in this hotel again, I will - it's absolutely wonderful and you feel cared for and valued as a special and welcome guest. I can't honestly say that the experience matches the price - I think the price could be reduced slightly - but I do not regret the expense because it gave me the perfect New Year's Eve for which I'd been seeking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinctly Knightsbridge, The Park Tower Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection hotel, London has become the residence for global explorers looking for an authentic experience of the locale. Located just a short walk away from iconic Hyde Park, the hotel features 280 guest rooms and suites, most of them affording breathtaking views of Knightsbridge, Hyde Park and over London's skyline. Recognised as the destination authority, the hotel head concierge and his team will help uncover the hidden gems of the locale so that guests can make the most of their stay. The Park Tower Knightsbridge is also home to critically-acclaimed fish restaurant One-O-One, The Knightsbridge Lounge which serves Hyde Park-inspired afternoon tea, and The Hyde Bar, offering whiskies and cigars in an intimate and refined setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Park Tower Hotel London
- Sheraton Park Hotel
- Sheraton London
- London Sheraton
- The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London England