“An absolute luxury but an unforgettable indulgence!”

The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London
Ranked #243 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I spent New Year's Eve here. I wanted to treat myself to a night of indulgent luxury, quiet and a view of the fireworks along the Thames. My wish was granted on all three points.

I paid for a room with a panoramic view. It's not cheap but I had a wonderful evening. The room was clean and had an exceptionally comfortable bed. The sofa was next to the window so I could watch the fireworks in comfort. The view was wonderful too - the horizon covering The London Eye, The Shard and other notable landmarks.

The cupboard and drawer spaces were well laid out and sufficient and the bathroom clean and comfortable with Molton Brown items, covering all of my needs.

If I had to make any criticisms - and really this would be asking me to scrape the bottom of the barrel - it would be these:

The room was quite cold but I do feel cold in most hotel rooms. However, this was no problem as they provided me with a heater (I do not like to use the heating provided by the aircon system) and an extra duvet and this was fine.

The floors are beautiful but wooden which does mean that, if the person above you walks around in shoes, you suffer a terrible clattering noise. This happened a couple of times and it's something I find really annoying - this time it happened at 2am too, but I think we can assume that's something related to it being New Year. In any case, I don't think it's something the hotel can solve - if the guest above you is not thoughtful or considerate, then I suppose there is very little that can be done.

The hotel has undergone a renovation, I understand, and it is beautiful. It feels very calm and the staff are polite, friendly and wonderfully helpful - nothing is too much trouble. I asked to borrow a kettle and it was delivered to my room on a tray with some complimentary tea and coffee items. WiFi is also free but at that level, I think I'd complain if it weren't.

It's located next to Harvey Nichols but for a me, someone who does not really relish shopping, Hyde Park was the biggest plus - it's two minutes walk away and, as a runner, it was perfect to be able to take more morning run in Hyde Park.

The hotel is also close to a tube station which meant I could be at The National Portrait Gallery in about 20 minutes, door to door as it were!

My only warning would be about parking - the hotel does not own the parking lot beneath the hotel - it is an NCP car park and so the hotel has no command over or discounts available regards the prices. I was less than 24 hours there and it cost me £48!

If I find I am able to stay in this hotel again, I will - it's absolutely wonderful and you feel cared for and valued as a special and welcome guest. I can't honestly say that the experience matches the price - I think the price could be reduced slightly - but I do not regret the expense because it gave me the perfect New Year's Eve for which I'd been seeking.

Room Tip: It's worth paying extra for a Panoramic Room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
SueFinlay, General Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Audrey-Jane,

Firstly, may we wish you a very Happy New Year!

We were delighted to read your review of the Park Tower Knightsbridge and we thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am so pleased we were able to accommodate you on such a special occasion and I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Park Tower in the near future.

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback.

Sue

There are newer reviews for The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel around Christmas, and it was super. The rooms were clean and quiet, of good size. The bathroom was well equipped and clean. Excellent bed with lovely linens. In addition to the comfort of the rooms, the location is excellent. Very close walking distance to shopping and restaurants. It's a charming neighborhood. Harvey Nichols is just across the street, where we had breakfast every morning. The department store was not open, but you can access the restaurant from a special door/elevator. Good food & fun. Close to Harrods and the Victoria & Albert Museum as well. To attend the theater, it was very easy to hop onto the Piccadilly Line (underground) to get to the theater district. Also, the Piccadilly Line goes out to Heathrow. The concierge was helpful, and overall the staff was friendly. We enjoyed our stay, could recommend this hotel, and would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PoisonPrincess

Dear PoisonPrincess,

Thank you very much for your review of the Park Tower Knightsbridge.

We are delighted you were able to come and spend the festive season with us in Knightsbridge and we are very pleased that you had an exceptional stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Tower when your travels next bring you to London.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed at the park tower for 4night in November on business. While the location is perfect the hotel did not live up to what I expected. I arrived on a late evening flight and just wanted to sleep. Unfortunately the room assigned had hair on the sheets. I tried calling the front desk, guest services, concierge, housekeeping, any number on my phone but no answer after a very long wait. I had no choice but to go to the lobby to ask for clean sheets (which they could not accommodate because cleaning staff not around) or a new room which I ended up with although instead of a king I had 2 twins. The staff was pleasant and helpful with my request. I ordered room service breakfast one morning and ended up with cold eggs, toast, etc. I complained to room service but barely received an apology. At $55 for breakfast I hoped to at least be full until lunch. The gym was also subpar, located in a windowless basement not fitting for this 'luxury collection' property. There was a casino attached to the property which may attract a certain type of crowd. As a woman traveling alone I will likely opt for a different choice on my next stay. On the positives the staff were professional and the location is perfect.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear LMarieF,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review of The Park Tower Knightsbridge on Tripadvisor.

I am however very disappointed to hear of your experiences whilst with us. I would sincerely like to apologise and to thank you for bring these issues to my attention. I will ensure your valuable feedback is used to improve our services into the future. Please rest assured that this type of experience is not indicative of the Park Tower service standards and I would like to invite you to contact me directly when you are next travelling to London so I can personally oversee your experience (sue.finlay@luxurycollection.com)

We hope to welcome you back to the Park Tower Knightsbridge in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

If you are in London for shopping or vacation, this is one of the best locations in Knightsbridge. Harvey Nichols is next door. Sloane St. is 5 min walk. Harrods is 8 min walk. Knightsbridge tube station is 2 min walk. Basically, you cannot have a more convienint location with very decent level of luxury after the recent renovation that was done to the rooms. The bar has a pleasent atmosphere and friendly staff. If you are a smoker, they have an outdoor space also.

Room Tip: Staying in a panoramic view room is a plus. Also, get the free WiFi access.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
SueFinlay, General Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear xxmafxx,

Thank you very much for your Tripadvisor review of The Park Tower Knightsbridge, following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and of course the convenience our Knightsbridge location offers. We are truly lucky to have London on our doorstep!

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Tower Knightsbridge in the future and wish you a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 18, 2013

By London standards the room is large with large windows. We were fortunate enough to stay for 6 nights with starpoints. Our only discomfort was at check-in, the staff was a bit harsh and impatient....which with jetlag was jarring. The rest of our stay was pleasant. We were upgraded from a standard standpoint room to an executive on the 11th floor because of my husband's Starwood Gold status. We looked over Knightsbridge. The location of the hotel is excellent. The tube is a 2 minute walk. Harvey Nichols is across the street. Hyde park is a 2 minute walk. The bar is excellent with live entertainment. The drinks however are expensive...14 pounds for a premium with soda. The fitness center is small but adequate..it is on the lower level. Housekeeping is attentive....with evening service.....a favorite for me. If you want a tea service set, room service will bring one to you for your stay. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher.....the better.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reasonable50.

We would like to thank you for reviewing the Park Tower Knightsbridge on Tripadvisor.

We are always delighted to hear from our valued SPG Gold guests and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will certainly address the areas of improvement that you mention and commend the teams in the areas you were happy with.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Tower Knightsbridge on your next visit to London.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Just checked out. We had the most amazing stay. From the door men to the reception desk the arrival was very welcoming and personal. The room was spacious and beautiful. You can beat the location. Across from Hyde Park, a very short walk to Harrods, close to everything, but just enough out of the way to be quiet and peaceful. The Park Tower in Knightsbridge is now and forever my hotel of choice in London. Great job to the management and staff at the Park Tower hotel in Knightsbridge. I will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Tom C

Dear Tom C,

We were delighted to receive your review on Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure to read of your experience and we are so pleased your enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to your next visit with us at The Park Tower Knightsbridge.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Considering this is a 5* hotel the lack of attention to detail was disappointing.
We had booked a family room for two adults and one child. However the room had one large double bed only. Thre was a sofa, but it was not made up and there was no linen anywhere. Once I had been to reception someone did come promptly to turn it into a bed. The next issue was the fridge/mini bar. When I opened it I was greeted with a very nasty smell and the sight of a previous occupant's half eaten meal on a plate, dirty cutlery, plus a carton of off milk and a box of stale cake- and no sign of any mini bar commodities! Again I had to contact reception about it. All in all we were disturbed three times by staff.One to make the bed up, one to clean the fridge and then someone else to bring tea and coffee making facilities- something I would have expected to be available as a matter of course in 5* hotel. We were very tired, our train having been delayed by more than two hours, which of course wasn't the hotel's fault, but it meant that all the problems were all the more irritating. The person who came to clean the fridge did say sorry, but didn't seem unduly bothered and certainly no-one else was.
The bed was a good size and very comfortable and the bathroom clean and attractive, although the bath is quite small. The hotel itsself was peaceful and the double glazing was effective at keeping the London traffic noise to a minimum. The location was excellent and just one minute from the tube. I wouldn't pay full price for their rooms, but given that I got a good deal from Hotwire it was a nice stay once we got the extra bed and fridge sorted.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank aligloo

Dear aligloo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, following your recent stay with us. Feedback such as yours is both valuable and vital in ensuring we are consistently improving our service delivery into the future.

I would like to apologise for your stay not meeting our regular high standards, there is much we can learn from your experiences.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly the next time your travels bring you to London, I would be delighted to oversee your reservation and ensure you of an exceptional experience. (sue.finlay@luxurycollection.com)