The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London
Ranked #216 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Bonn
“Excellent property”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I reserved a few nights at this property with some trepidation, since I had read a few discouraging reviews in the past, and had generally avoided coming here in favour of other Starwood properties in London. I was so mistaken in my fears, and am happy to report that, overall, this property provides the best service of all London Starwoods, and is located in a superb location close to Harrods and some of London's best restaurants. I must commend the hotel staff for their pre-arrival support as exeplified in their prompt and supportive responses to my requests, and for their proactive approach in reaching out. The front desk was extremely friendly and responsive to any concerns and requests throughout my stay. The property is not new nor modern, but can certainly still be categorized as a luxury property. The set dinner menus at "One o One", the hotel restaurant, are a real treat for hotel guests. The hotel porters are very courteous and helpful. If I were to cite a couple of areas for improvement, one would be that in my suite the "king bed" was actually two single beds next to each other, and so there was an obvious dividing groove between the two mattresses in the middle of the bed. My second point is that some concierge staff were less proactive than others, thinking that an "I don't know" answer is a perfectly valid one as opposed to actively searching online or making a few calls. However, all in all, I very strongly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there in my future visits to London.

Room Tip: Higher floors are ebtter. All sides of the hotel have good views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SueFinlay, General Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Globalist-at-large,

Thank for your feedback on Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure to read of your stay with us. We strive to deliver exceptional experiences and we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We also thank you for your feedback for improvement, which we very much value as we continuously look to improve our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Tower Knightsbridge in the future.

Sue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just had a quick overnight at this hotel instead of staying at Heathroww. The hotel is in a wonderful location and the public areas are very pleasant but I don't believe that value for money is achieved. The rooms are nothing special despite excellent views. We didn't dine in the hotel but had drinks in the bar. Extremely friendly staff and wonderful atmosphere but £7 for a Cappucino?! If you can afford the prices this hotel charges I think better value could be found elsewhere but for location and general ambience and tranquility I would recommend the hotel despite the fact that the bedroom was quite basic.

Room Tip: If you pay extra for an executive room make sure it's one of the VERY top floors otherwise you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Peter G,

Thank you for your recent review on the Park Tower Knightsbridge.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and we thank you for sharing your views on the value for money aspect within the hotel. This type of feedback is always very important as we look at pricing structures moving forward.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Park Tower when your travels next bring you to London.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Park Hotel is Retro looking circular building with rooms with nice large views. The hotel lobby is smart looking with fresh high end flowers and beautiful smell. The Hyde bar was good and the bartender was friendly. The concierge and front desk were very helpful and curteous.

My room was on the second floor. Average size. The reason I gave it a 3 and not more is because of various reasons. One, the furniture felt outdated and not lux·u·ri·ous. Also, the bathroom had bathroom smell and was disturbing. In addition, the value of the room was very expensive. It comes across as a 3 star hotel not the "luxury" hotel it markets itself as.

The location was central to London.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel but can't say I hated it. I would look elsewhere for my next visit

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Angelina_Serra
Dear Angelina_Serra,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We were delighted to learn there were aspects of your stay that you very much enjoyed, however we were equally disappointed that some areas did not meet the high expectations that we set our selves at The Park Tower Knightsbridge.

I would very much like to learn more about your experience and would like to invite you to contact me directly. I would also be delighted to assist you into the future to ensure you of an exceptional experience on your next visit to London. (sue.finlay@luxurycollection.com)

Lebanon, New Jersey
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Perfect location on Knightsbridge. Harvey Nics next door with Wagamma in the basement for feeding hungry kids, tube station. 2 minutes walk. Professional and efficient service, very impressive.
Very elegant public rooms. Restaurant fairly compact and breakfast somewhat limited. Perhaps I have been spoilt by Asian hotel buffets!
One little wrinkle. Had a great room on 9th floor but dirty windows really don't fit the image. Come on, get them cleaned!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank foliumnondefluet
SueFinlay, General Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear foliumnondefluet,

Thank you for reviewing The Park Tower Knightsbridge.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our exceptional location.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Tower in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Good hotel, in the middle of everything. Near to all places, so its a great location. Food is fine. Not all rooms are good. If you do not smoke sometimes you suffer from the smell coming through the air condition system from other floors. Reception is small, always crowded and you have to wait to much before yoy talk to any one. During the time of renewing the reception area it was a disaster. Its hard to beleive that in a hotel like that you still have to pay for the internet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank magedazab
SueFinlay, General Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear magedazab,

Thank you for your review on the Park Tower Knightsbridge.

I was disappointing to learn your stay was not indicative of our normal exceptional standards. Whilst we do have smoking rooms available in the hotel, these are contained to specific floors, so I am very disappointed to learn that you were in some way impacted by the smell of smoke and for this I apologise.

We are very pleased to have now launched out newly refurbished ground floor facilities, which include the lobby, Knightsbridge Lounge and Hyde Bar, I am sorry that you experienced a delay in service at the time you were in our lobby, we do aim to ensure all our guests receive very prompt service at all touch points.

I sincerely hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Park Tower in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance with a future reservation.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My sister and my 2 boys (age 2 and 5) were there for our shopping trips for 5days.

The room is spacious enough to fit our increasing number of luggages.

No tea bags or instant coffee in the room (just in case u love the smell of coffee in the morning and tea at night)

Everything else is standard.

Our biggest problem is food.
-the choices of Asian food for toddlers around the area is limited.
-when we bring the kids to the restaurant/bar behind the receptionist for snack time, 1 male waiter told us "we don't allow kids into the area, please make sure your kids don't make too much noise. I agreed (I brought 2 iPads to keep them entertain) yet to our surprise they have kids' menu?
-after they are bored, my Mom-in-law were talking to them and teasing them. When they giggled, the male waiter told my mom-in-law to keep the voice down (I wasn't there)
Seriously, how loud can a giggle be?
To avoid him ruining everyone's mood, they leave the place in a huff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Summ3rg4l
Dear Summ3rg4l,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us.

Whilst we were pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at the Park Tower it was disappointing to learn of your disappointments with our food & beverage areas. Should you wish to discuss these matters any further I would like to invite you to contact our Food & Beverage Services Manager, Barbara Pavoncello (barbara.pavocello@luxurycollection.com).

We hope this experience will not deter you from staying with us into the future. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back.

Sanya, China
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The look and feel of the hotel is very deco. They installed a crazy elevator system where you push in what floor you are going to and then hop in the elevator. Very cool, but because it is so novel it leads to confusion. the rooms have interesting rounded shapes given the shape of the hotel towers and this is very cool as well.
There is fun interesting food/coffee/restaurants close by:
1. Masgouf Arab food across the street
2. Wagama a block away
3. Harrod's Food Court.
4. Starbuck's
the hotel is interesting and fun and in a great situated location.

Room Tip: Try the Arab food across the street.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear BPCTraveller604,

Thank you very much for your review on the Park Tower Knightsbridge. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

We would also like to suggest that next time you are with us you take the opportunity to visit our One - O - One Restaurant. The restaurant was voted 5th best in the UK by Harden's Guide and The Times Newspaper. It truly is an exceptional experience.

Many thanks once again for choosing the Park Tower Knightsbridge.

Andrew