“A good hotel is spoilt for 25GBP for the internet.”

The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London
Ranked #214 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“A good hotel is spoilt for 25GBP for the internet.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Mc Donalds give you free internet...why in the name of sanity...( could only be GREED)....does a 5 star hotel charge 25 GBP for the use of internet....they have taken 500.GBP for accommodation.
A fantastic Breakfast...the best in town.
Very charming breakfast staff.
They charge for every "nickle and dime " they can...its only greed that does this.
Great location.

Room Tip: If they charge for Internet do not stay....!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Readytoburst
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Readytoburst,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed your time at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, it was disappointing to learn of your experiences with our internet charging. Your feedback is valuable and will be taken on board when we look at pricing strategies in the future.

I would also like to invite you to contact me (andrew.kennedy@luxurycollection.com) in regards to the £25 charge you incurred as this does not sound like a familiar price point for the hotel. We currently charge internet at £6 per hour / £16 per day / £38 for seven days. We offer complimentary WiFi in our public areas and complementary internet access in our business centre.

My sincere apologies for any disappointment and inconvenience that has been caused during this stay. I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Park Tower in the near future.

Andrew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed June 12, 2013

As an update to my December 9th 2012 review in which I stated that a renovation was due, it has now finally happened. I have been back twice during January 2013 but my last stay 29-31st May was a good surprise. Although the reception and bar area was "under construction" my stay was as usual very good. You would not realise heavy construction was taking place unless you pass the ground floor. The new marbled reception was a very welcomed change which opened on my check-out day. Cannot wait to see the full change on my return on the 19th June. My check in on the 29th May was delayed as the room was not ready at 3pm but this is common lately. I reiterate that front desk staff should be more friendly and helpful whatever the reason. My warmest thanks to Patrick once again for his devotion to provide a Starwood 5* service.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear CharlesCY,

Many thanks for contributing a follow up review on the Park Tower Knightsbridge.

We are very excited about the launch of our new ground floor facilities and we are delighted to advise that this work is now complete. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience these works caused during your stay.

I was also concerned to learn about your disappointment with the service delivered by our front desk and I would be very keen to learn more about your experiences, I invite you to contact me andrew.kennedy@luxurycollection.com to enable me to understand more about how we can improve these services.

I will indeed share your positive feedback with Patrick and very much appreciate you taking the time to recognise our ambassadors.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Tower Knightsbridge in the near future.

Best regards,

Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here with my mum and sister for a couple of nights last month - we had a relatively comfortable stay, but definitely no where near a five star level. They are undergoing renovations which are much needed. Upon arriving the renovations in the lobby were like a complete rebuild and the temporary entrance was incredibly awkward to find - at one point we ended up being guided out through a back staircase and the staff exit! The upside for this hotel was the size of the rooms which was great, and the bathroom fit out which was also spacious. Comfy beds, good water pressure, quiet noise levels and big towels - all good. The bad - Ridiculously priced mini bar (44 pounds for a single serve size Belvedere vodka. The full litre in duty free is only 39), Light bulbs missing, hairdryer missing, incredibly weird lift system (you choose the floor before you get in, so you can't change your mind halfway through the trip!) dated fit out in the rooms and a very impersonal feel to the hotel overall. The room service and porter/door staff were amazing, and incredibly helpful. Overall, nice hotel, not what I was expecting but in a great location, right next to the Knightsbridge tube stop, great shopping etc. The Lebanese restaurant next door is amazing.

Room Tip: Higher floors have some great views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear whykiki90,

Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at The Park Tower Knightsbridge and for taking the time to share your feedback from your visit.

We were disappointed that your experience did not meet the high expectations we set for ourselves. I would like to take the opportunity to apologise for this and for the inconvenience which was caused by the ground floor refurbishment works that were taking place during your stay. I am pleased to advise that work has now been completed.

We were delighted that our team in room service and on the front door were able to delight you and assist during your stay.

We truly hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Park Tower Knightsbridge when your travels next bring you to London.

Rochester
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I waited a month before writing this otherwise I probably have given the hotel a 1 or 2. Every day we were there we thought about how to write up our stay, we never do that at other places. We stayed at the Sheraton for 6 nights and had 3 rooms during our stay (should have had only one)so we can something about the rooms. We used points and are platinum so we hoped for an upgrade. First issue we had was our initial reservation. Our choice with points were either a double non-smoking or a king smoking. Given we are non-smokers we chose the non-smoking room. We wrote to the hotel to request a king non-smoking which they said they would try but could not guarantee. I am still amazed that a Starwood hotel still has smoking after the claim they are to be smoke free. Also the hotel just renovated so you would expect the hotel to rid itself of smoke.
Upon arrival we found the renovations in the lobby taking place. While they said there were renovations, this was a complete tear down, not subtle changes. Even with that the front entry was not on Knightsbridge but on a side street, hard to find.
At the elevators (more to come) we go to the second floor (first in the UK) to check in. Check-in was a breeze and we got "upgraded" to a non-smoking King on a high floor. We go to the room which was fine, slightly unusually laid out with the bed at an angle and a built in couch at the window. The view is good given the high floor. Nice bathrooms with tub and shower though the showers are triangular in shape, very unusual. Towels were big and comfy. So at this point we are happy and ready for our week. (we have now peaked in our stay).
We go out for the day and come back to find half the lights are out in the room. I figure out that the circuit breaker is out and fix it myself. However about a half hour later all of the ceiling lights are flicking. Since it is late we decide to not bother calling down but wait for the morning.
That morning we go to the desk and tell the desk that the lights are flickering and now some are out. The person responds well by asking for maintenance to come up as we go down for breakfast. (Far more to come on this). Upon returning from breakfast my wife is in the bathroom and finds the ceiling fixture in 4 pieces on the floor and sink. We are talking about a 3 pound light. If we were there at the wrong time we would have been hit. So we brought downstairs the fixture to the desk and asked for a room change. We asked for an upgrade to a suite since we saw on line there were some to be had. They said they will check but all of the suites were smoking. Amazing that rooms that are smoking are not taken. So we asked for a new room until a suite could be available. This negotiation took place between the agent and the manager who did not come out to see us. In the lobby there is a person who appears to just sit like a lump called the customer service manager. I think since they don't move (really) or do anything they are there for show.
We decided we need to begin our day so we left hoping we would be moved to a better room. Upon returning my wife is so upset since it is her birthday vacation she speaks to the managers directly this time. She wants to move to a better room. We are now 2 floors lower and a slightly better view but the room is noisy from people slamming doors. After many discussions we are moved the next day to a suite. The suite is a suite but strange. It is 2 rooms that were adjoining with a door turned into a suite. So we had our suite which was very nice except that the connecting doors were 2 doors. This would have been ok but the doors could not stay open if you wanted to open the closet so either the closets are open or the connecting doors were open.
So the managers made one other MAJOR positive thing happen. They sent up a birthday cake and wine for my wife. This was outstanding and if all of the other issues above and below did not occur this would be a 5 performance for service.
The rest of our stay in the room was excellent as was the check out.
MAJOR PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!
Breakfast-- the expression that there is nothing free in life holds. As a platinum one of the benefits is a free breakfast. This was in the restaurant 101. Getting to the place from inside was a chore since the lobby is being renovated this was an omen.
The breakfast was a buffet and if we paid for it, it was 25 pounds. Our initial problem was getting coffee and juice. This was the challenge every day. Coffee took about 15 minutes to get the first cup. The waitress poured my cup and then left the "pot" on the table for me to pour a cup for my wife. The "pot" held about 1/2 a cup more. The 3 sweet and lows were enough for one cup but to get any more took asking 3 people and then receiving 1 more packet. Another 2 tries got another packet. The servers in quotes had a talent for not looking at any tables if they were there. Most appear to hide unless they decide to bring you a check. The cold items were good, the fruit not good, bread was ok, hot items on the steam table dried out and the items to order large -- eggs good pancakes terrible.
The another major problem and the last straw were the guests. People from certain regions seem to feel they own the hotel and maybe they do. They decided to spread out all over the restaurant with their many children. Discipline is not in their vocabulary. The kids were jumping on the chairs, bouncing from table to table, putting their fingers on the food and yelling to each other. The guests felt dropping food on the floor was ok if they did not like it. The guests decided that the appropriate footwear was the hotel bathroom slippers, I guess a nice fashion statement. The hotel/restaurant management has decided this is appropriate behavior in a restaurant so we decided it wasn't. It destroyed our appetites.
So even though we had a 25 pound per person free breakfast every day after day 3 we decided to go to Starbucks for coffee and breakfast. Far more civil and the coffee was good with as many sweet and lows as we wanted.
Smaller issue is the elevators. While there we tended to wait at least 10 minutes for one to come whether we were at our floor or the lobby. The new system has only a key pad to type in your floor. The elevator itself has no keypad or floor numbers. After a few times where people get into the elevator and can't find the floor they hold the elevator until their confusion diminishes. This is one reason for slow elevators. Another appears to be the same breakfast guests hold the elevator until their kids decide to come in. Another 5 minute process. While they have a lobby elevator person, they are not there all the time and on other floors.
So while the location is good near the underground, the views great from the high floors and if you get a non-smoking King the stay can be good. The management did try after we spent effort to fix things. The bad things with the awful guests this place gets make it hard to feel good about.

Room Tip: High floor facing Hyde Park or the London Eye
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wwtravelerRochester
Dear wwtravelerRochester,

Thank you very much for your comprehensive review of The Park Tower Knightsbridge. We very much appreciate you taking the time to share your views.

At the Park Tower Knightsbridge, we strive to deliver exceptional experience and I would like to apologise that several aspects of this stay did not meet those expectations, we will indeed share your feedback with our team to learn where we can improve services into the future.

We also appreciate the positive aspects of your stay and will work to ensure we continue to deliver on these aspects.

I trust you will not be deterred from joining us again at The Park Tower Knightsbridge and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I chose this hotel for the location but mainly as a surprise for my husbands 60th birthday. Very disappointed. I travel the world and stay in many hotels of various Star Ratings. For a 5* I found this hotel very disappointing. Even trying to find the Main Door and Reception was a challenge!
The room was small, albeit clean, but very tired décor. No coffee/ tea making facilities in the room. In the hotel information it said all rooms have good London views. As we were on a low floor all we could see were adjacent apartment blocks, and the back of a well known store
The elevators were undergoing renovation and therefore at times only one was available out of 3.
The renovations to the Bar were also still being undertaken so no where to get a drink after we came back from the restaurant, even though they were supposed to be finished by this week.
The hotel was quiet so we did have a good nights sleep.
Breakfast however was another disappointment. We decided to have a cooked breakfast. The choice of food was very small and not particularly appetising. We were entitled to an additional cooked dish, so ordered this from the waiter... only to be told that the kitchen was very busy and would take about 20 minutes to be cooked and served!! By this time I had completely and utterly had enough. It was an expensive breakfast as well.
We were leaving that day anyway, as our stay was for one night only, although I am not so sure that I would have wanted to stay longer

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Bramleyblossom,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Park Tower Knightsbridge on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

It is sincerely disappointing to us that your stay did not meet the high level of expectation one has when staying with us and for this I sincerely apologise. We strive to deliver exceptional experiences and will use your valuable feedback to ensure we can learn for the disappointments you experienced.

I am sorry that our refurbishment works were still in progress during your stay, however I am pleased to advise that these works are now in their final stages and will be completed by 17 June.

I truly trust this experience will not deter you from staying with us again in the future and I would like to invite you to contact me directly when your travels next bring you to London. andrew.kennedy@luxurycollection.com

Hillsborough, California
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had a wonderful stay right in London during a busy weekend! The Sheraton Park was an excellent choice for the Knightsbridge area even though they are currently updating and doing construction. I would imagine it difficult to find a more convenient location and such nice amenities? I came for a very short weekend to see the UEFA Cup Final and it was a great choice! I took the metro straight to the front door of the Hotel from Heathrow Airport in no time. The hotel is right next door to Harrods and Harvey Nichols and many other great spots. I was able to take the metro train again out to Wembley Stadium with no problem. I believe this saved me a tremendous amount of time and money and this made it all quite enjoyable to stay there. In addition, the check-in staff was fantastic and very accommodating. I arrived early morning so they hosted me in the lounge and quickly got me an early check-in which was ideal. I really enjoyed the rooms as it was very well designed and comfortable. Nice bathroom and cozy desk and sofa. Lastly, I was able to get a fantastic price via priceline booking even though this was the UEFA Championship weekend. Don't let the construction scare you aware if you can also get a great deal because of that. I will definitely look at this hotel again when I return to London.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christopher D
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Christopher D,

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at The Park Tower Knightsbridge and very much hope you enjoyed the UEFA Cup final.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Tower in the near future, we trust you will very much enjoy the refurbished ground floor facilities which will be completed by Mid June.

Bonita, California
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We utilized Starwood points to stay in this hotel. The location was excellent, very near the"tube." We were a bit surprised by a MAJOR renovation when we arrived Nothing had been noted in advance. The hotel personnel were very accommodating, especially the small bar staff, concierge, and the elevator door coordinator. The room was very nice with a beautiful view and very quiet. That's the good news. The remodel was a bit challenging with long waits for the elevators and a bit of concern about security. We got in from a play about 11 PM one night and there was no door man and no one at the elevators. That night, about 4 AM I heard someone try to open our door. Fortunately we had the metal lock on...the dead bolt was very difficult to lock. I did report the incident. Also, one day we were gone all day and returned about 15:30 PM and our room had not been cleaned. Hotel will be very nice, I'm sure when construction is completed. Guests should be forewarned.

Room Tip: High rooms very quiet. Ask about current construction and status.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roz68
Dear Roz68,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Park Tower Knightsbridge. We are delighted that you chose to stay with us, however we were disappointed to learn that the stay did not meet the high expectations that we strive for and for this I apologise.

On a more positive note I was pleased to read that our team were particularly accommodating in their service delivery. I am also pleased to advise that our refurbishment is now in its final stages and we are expecting our bar to return to full service from mid-June.

We will indeed use your valuable feedback to ensure we improve on our service delivery into the future.

Should your travels bring you to London in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can personally oversee your stay. (andrew.kennedy@luxurycollection.com)