“Great Service, Great Location”

The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London
Ranked #222 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Sao Paulo
“Great Service, Great Location”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The Sheraton Park Tower is in a great location. Next to the Knightsbridge tube station for getting around London. Close to Harvey Nicols and Harrods for shopping. Close to Hyde Park for those who want to get nice walk or run in. And close to the Kensington musuems (V&A, etc.). There is even a Barclay's Cycle Hire (Boris bikes) near the entrance of the hotel.
All hotel staff were very helpful. I was in need of a photocopy shop and Guest Services provided the name of a reasonable and near by establishment.
The rooms were spacious enough for two. The bathroom had separate shower stall and bath . Street noise or noise from other guest was never an issue.
The minor criticisms I do have regard the fitness center and the lack of some minor room amenities.
The fitness center had an array of outstanding aerobic exercise machines (treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes). However, the center only had a limited offering of weight machines.
The room did not have a coffee maker. The frigo-bar was one of those automated mini bars that charges the user upon the movement of items in the refrigerator regardless of whether you actually consume the item. Since there is no spare space in the mini-bar, don't think of using it for storing any personal items.
All in all, a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank newco12001
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Newco12001,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Park Tower following your recent stay with us. We were delighted to hear of how much you enjoyed your time with us and appreciate your constructive feedback.

As so many of our other recent reviewers we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotels wonderful location. We are very lucky to have the picturesque Hyde Park right at our doorstep along with superb shopping, dining and transportation links. I am glad that you were able to enjoy all that Knightsbridge has to offer.

For your next stay I highly recommend you try our renowned One-O-One restaurant. Voted 6th best fish and seafood in the UK it is a London destination all on its own.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us at the Sheraton Park Tower and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Andrew Kennedy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tienen, Belgium
Reviewed September 10, 2012

i stayed here during the olympics. location is great, great shopping area, close to hyde park. very friendly staff during this very busy time. very clean, not the newest hotel, but with all contemporary accomodation. wifi worked quite well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sofievdp,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Park Tower. Our hotel's excellent location works well for both our business and leisure travelers and we are happy to hear that it suited all of your needs during your recent stay with us too.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Boston
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Overall this is a good hotel, its above average, but not great. They claim to be a luxury hotel, not sure I would go that far (when compared to US luxury hotels), but still a very nice hotel.

The location was great- close walk to Harrods’ and the Underground (subway). Lots of really nice neighborhoods surround this hotel and lots of great restaurants.

The service was good. The front desk staff was very helpful and moved quickly (unlike the typical European check-in process which I find to be slow). The concierge staff was also pretty helpful.

The rooms- really liked the layout of the rooms. We were upgraded based on my husband's status so we got a suite, which included beautiful views of the London Eye. The rooms are set in half circles- pretty unique. The room itself wasn't anything special- standard, but the view and the walls of windows were really nice. The bathroom was also fairly nice- nice big soaking tub and separate shower. Bottom line, the rooms were always VERY clean and the bed was VERY comfortable.

I would recommend this hotel- I think its a good option. In general, I think Sheraton's outside of the US are typically a good bet. We've had great luck with Sheraton's across Europe.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear JJFigs,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Park Tower following your recent stay with us. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to arrange an upgraded suite for you upon arrival. We agree that our luxurious guest rooms boast some superb views of London and we are happy that you were able to enjoy them.

We were also happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of some of the great shopping and dining that surrounds our hotel. May I suggest for your next stay with us to try our renowned One-O-One Restaurant. Voted 6th best fish and seafood restaurant in the UK it is a London experience that is not to be missed.

Thank you again for choosing the Park Tower and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to London.

Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel is very impressive and the rooms unusual (circular bay windows) definitely the nicest I have stayed in in this country! Very clean and comfortable. Unfortunately tea and coffee facilities are not automatically provided in rooms and when I rang guest services there was confusion and they sent cups of tea from room service. To be fair as soon as I explained they removed the charge and bought facilities to the room. We found a lovely pub in one of the back streets (Gloucester) with great service and a good pub menu. The food was very reasonable and enjoyable. We got a good deal on this hotel and would definitely return if we could secure another.

Room Tip: higher floors probably have great views over hyde park
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Anna S,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Sheraton Park Tower. We were delighted to read that you have rated our luxurious guest rooms as one of the nicest in the UK. Each one of our guest rooms boasts wonderful views of the city

I apologize that there was some confusion with your request for tea and coffee making facilities to be sent to your room; however, I am happy to hear our ambassadors were able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

We are happy to hear that you had a excellent stay with us and that you will be returning to stay with us on your next trip to London.

Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I have waited to write this review so that I could do it without anger. I booked a visit at this hotel in April. My daughter and I were spending two weeks in Bath and wanted to visit London for a few days. When we arrived at the hotel the desk clerk informed us that we're should have arrived on the day prior. We had booked on line at the Sheraton web site and booked our train from Bath just after. We did receive a "confirmation" email but did not read it assuming that the hotel would not have changed the dates of the booking. However that is what they did. We understood that we would have to pay for the day prior to our arrival since we did not read the confirmation email. We tried to book an additional night and were told that we could However when we asked for some consideration on the pricing (this hotel is quite expensive) and the clerk on the phone went to speak with the manager the clerk came back to say the room was no longer available to us.
The manager sent me an email when I responded to their follow up email requesting a review. I let him know what happened and he said that he would get back to me. I never heard from him again. We had to pay for a change to our train fare due to returning to Bath a day early. It is sad to say but I believe it is because I am American. We are not the tourists this hotel caters to. If you visit the hotel you will notice that. The clerks at the front desk were not helpful at all. If you want to stay at a Shereton in central London I recommend that you go to the Park Lane. We stayed there on our trip before this one and had an excellent visit.

Stayed April 2012
5 Thank Toni C
Dear Toni C,

I would firstly like to apologize that your stay with us did not reflect the high standards we set for ourselves as a luxury collection hotel. We aim to exceed our guest’s expectations at every touch point and I am sorry this was not your experience.

I would also like to apologize that there was some confusion regarding your arrival date. Our email confirmations are sent out once the booking is made to ensure our guests are properly prepared for their upcoming stay and to avoid any issues on arrival. I would like to assure you that any arrival/departure dates would not be amended without the guests requesting any dates to be changed specifically. I would however be delighted to look into your booking further, so I can investigate what has transpired in this case. I am sorry that this process was not as straightforward as we hope it to be for our guests and consequently apologize for any problems this caused you during your stay.

I am disappointed to hear that your interactions with our ambassadors were not reflective of wonderful reviews that we typically receive from our guests. I would however, like to assure you that this was not because of your American status. We are very proud to welcome guests of all nationalities to The Park Tower and do our best to cater to all of their needs. I do however apologize that we did not successfully meet your expectations on this stay.

I would very much like to opportunity to talk further to you in regards to your experience and I would invite you to contact me directly (andrew.kennedy@luxurycollection.com), should you wish to discuss further.

I would also like to thank you for your feedback as it allows us to reflect on our standards and services with a view to improving all of our guest’s experiences.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

The Park Tower is perfectly located a block from Hyde Park in the glitzy Knightsbridge area of London. However, a $550/night room can't be justified on location alone. The building's exterior looked old and tired; the internal furnishings were scuffed, dented, and worn; and the luxury king beds were simply two twins banded together. All disappointing given the price.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear IL-ATL,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at The Sheraton Park Tower. While we were happy to hear of how much you enjoyed our hotels wonderful location, I am sorry that the rest of your stay did not exceed your expectations.

As a five star luxury collection hotel we are disappointed that you were not impressed with our hotels appearance both inside and out. We strive to create surrounds that will inspire our guests and am sorry this was not your experience.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly (andrew.kennedy@luxurycollection.com), so I can further obtain the specifics of your booking which will allow our engineering team to follow up on the damaged furnishings you have mentioned.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Sheraton Park Tower. We invite you to stay with us again and allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next trip to London.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We started with amazing service. The stay only got better, during a time (olympics) the hotel was sold out every night. The platinum upgrade was great and the corner suites that were connected provided an amazing view.

Room Tip: Corner suite
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Txdelphia,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of The Sheraton Park Tower. We were delighted to hear of how much you enjoyed your luxurious guest room and that we were able to complimentary upgrade you based on your platinum status. We hope that you fully enjoyed all of the benefits of our renowned Starwood Preferred Guest Program has to offer during your stay with us.

We were also happy to hear that our ambassadors provided you with an exceptional level of customer service throughout your entire stay.

Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and thank you once again for your inspiring review of the Park Tower. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.