“Great hotel for a cheap price!”
Review of Leisure Inn

Leisure Inn
Ranked #912 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
“Great hotel for a cheap price!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in September just for a leisure trip with my mum! This is a great hotel for money the rooms are clean and bedding. Quiet and peaceful. The hotel is just beside Kensington palace and right beside the station. We found it a really good location hotel and value for money :)

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Channy2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
UK
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed in single room one night. It had a shared facilities between 4 -5, i am not sure maybe more. The fact that it would be shared was not mentioned anywhere, the advertisement was very misleading. the room was like a shoe box, probably smaller, damp.Tthe toilet was opposite the room, but the shower nowhere to be found, apparently it was one flight up or down...they also demanded $20.00 deposit in case if a guest decided to steal sth- not clear what. The breakfast should have been booked in advance, but it did not help avoiding the queuing in a very narrow passage in order to get something on the dirty tray and then find a chair and sit at the wobbly table spilling the content of the cup.
At 5 a.m an incredible noise woke me up, people walked up and down the corridor and there was the feeling that the wall between the corridor and the room did not exist at all. There was no light in the room even in the morning. The stuff kept reassuring that it was a good value, but it was too expensive for such an indescribable place. I think the owners should pay people to stay in that "HOSTEL" and it should not have any star at all, since it can be dangerous for health. it was the worst hotel I had ever stayed in my life. if you want to spoil your holidays you should book a single room for a couple of nights and you will easily achieve the
goal!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank NatalieUk

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Our first room were really dirty and tiny. The walls were thin, so there was a lot of noise from early in the morning. Everytime someone moved upstairs, the floor made a really loud noise. When we tried to take a shower, a horrible smell from the sewage system appeared. It was unbearable, so we went down to the reception to ask for another room. They couldn't do anything, but they gave us a Glade airfreshener.
The next morning we went down to get another room. The second room we got was even dirtier, and there was mold on the walls in the shower and in the ceiling almost everywhere (it looked like it was painted over). The drain was blocked and there was no hot water. We went down again to complain and ask for our money back. The receptionist was very rude and said that she couldn't call her manager. At that point we also saw that they had given our previous room to someone else, obviously with no time to fix the sewage problem.
When we got back to the hotel from dinner, the owner of the hotel was there. I explained the situation and asked for my money back. He said that they didn't have a refund policy, but he could give us another room. But we had already tried two, and were fed up. I said that if we don't get our money back, we will post this review on this page and other websites which mention his hotel. Then he replied in a very threatning, scary way "We don't respond very well to threats". We got very scared for our safety, and left the hotel right after.

The hotel in general was dirty and poorly maintained.

I believe that people who say they are satisfied with this hotel have been very lucky with the rooms and the people working there when they were there.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank TereseMelvold
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Booked a triple room for a few days in London.

First the positives - its a really good location, close to Kensington Gardens, and not far from both Queensway and Bayswater tube stops. Plenty of places to eat on and around Queensway too. The prices was a decent, and the continental breakfast not bad. The room was clean.

But the negatives - our room was really small, it was obviously a twin/double room that a third bed had been squeezed into. This meant that there was very little space to move in the room, or even to put bags. The bathroom was tiny, made it very difficult to do anything in there. Our room was also directly behind the reception on the ground floor, so it got a bit noisy with people passing. The breakfast room was also a bit too small, a couple of days we had to queue for a while, despite putting our names down for a certain time for it. The hotel also needs a bit of TLC.

Not the worst place I've stayed,and for the price and location it was ok, but with little effort it could be a really decent hotel.

Room Tip: Try and avoid room 3 if you can.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pie5
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2013

This hotel scarred me. I only stayed for one night, yet my experience there was pretty dire.

The staff were fine, accommodating, helpful when needed to be. But the problem is that I'm 6"7. Nothing wrong with that, I hear you say. However, I didn't expect the room I was going to stay was *that* small. The staff member I saw warned me before I was given my key but honestly, I wished I was warned before I booked my room. I was a victim to false advertising.

The small room made sleeping a nightmare and there wasn't much walking space because it was covered by my small suitcase I brought with me.

The lowlight for me had to be the shower room. I don't suffer from claustrophobia, however, I was very close to suffering from it that one night. The shower room was so small. I slouched all through my cleaning process. And the room was stuffy, no air coming out of the extractor fan.

On the bright side, you can have pizza delivered to the hotel...

Room Tip: Only stay in the hotel if you're less than six-foot tall *and* are okay in very small spaces.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jspworld
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for one night on a visit to London. The room we stayed in was extremely small it was not suitable for two people. You could not walk past each other in the room due to how crammed it was.The bathroom was so small with a shower that didn't drain and a toilet that dripped.There was also hair in the shower when we arrived. Also the toilet door and the room door did not lock. The bed was although a double was very thin and the two of us kept rolling into the middle of the bed throughout the night. The carpet was dirty and the whole room looked run down. The customer service I thought was poor, when giving a deposit the receptionist did not appear to know what she was doing. On departure we did not get asked once regarding our stay and how we found it. One good aspect however was breakfast. There was a good selection of options and was plenty of it. The reception area looks nice and modern, do not be fooled however as the room we stayed in was the opposite of this. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockholm
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed in a so called Family room. Absolutely OK standard but the size was adapted for "Egyptians". Good, friendly service from the reception and close to most things without any disturbing traffic. We stayed for 6 days so the breakfast felt a bit tedious after a while. The food was absolutely ok except from the "juice" which was water sporting a borrowed yellow-orange colour. The room was clean but there was an occasional odour gusting itself from the toilet area. It was probably the automatic fan which decided to move packages of saturated air into the bedroom area. An opportunity seized by some of us after a spicy dinner in one of the many local restaurants.

Room Tip: Choose a room as far away from the elevator shaft as possible. Or else you will be kept awake from t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family