“Worst hotel I've ever stayed in”
Review of Leisure Inn

Leisure Inn
Ranked #914 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Worst hotel I've ever stayed in”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our room was TINY. Literally like a cell with only a small window in the roof. It smelt musty and unaired. There were rips in the duvet covers. The carpet hadn't been hoovered and there was a mouldy banana behind the headboard. To make it a whole lot worse, when I got up at 8.30am the hot water had run out. When I mentioned this to the girl at reception she couldn't have looked less interested and just shrugged her shoulders. This hotel is a complete rip-off with terrible customer service. I would not stay here again if you paid me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gee W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
London
Reviewed September 19, 2013

outdated room and bathroom, minimum service, minimum breakfast, poor facilities bathroom, a hotel for a (very) short stay, bed more or less ok. for the rest Londen was / is ok, we have had a nice weekend

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Worst service never say hello . Bathroom has no fan or window. Left the bathroom door open and set off the fire alarm from the steam. Rooms are tiny. Bathroom is worse as you sit on the toilet the basin hits your left shoulder. Breakfast is shocking. They toast the bread for you and it is stale! Not even worth turning up for breakfast. Luggage store is a tiny cupboard which was full. They offered us a corridor but couldn't guarantee it wouldn't be stolen! Stored at luggage at paddington station for piece of mind. Bayswater and queensway tubes are close - ONLY GOOD THING!

• Stayed September 2013
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Bayswater is a good safe location. Close to 2 subway stations and buses, a short ride from sites, good inexpensive shopping on Queensway (5 mins walk).
As for the hotel itself, the teapot in the room worked great. And that's about the only compliment I can pay.
This "triple" room was so small that even with minimum luggage (1 per person) we had to do a regular Swan Lake to get to the bathroom or out of the room. The bathroom: you better be anorectic to negotiate the space between the toilet and the sink. At the same time you should have strong hands to pump the flusher. And be patient with the sink that thinks it is in an airplane and empties ever so slowly.
The carpets have not been vacuumed since WWI (my wife says). She is an expert, I can't tell, between luggage and beds I haven't seen enough carpet to draw conclusions. TV: broken - complaint - fixed - broken again a day later - complaint - fixed - broken (repeat ad absurdo). Overhead light: broken - fixed. Shampoo: none. Hotel-provided outlet converter - worked after manymanymany attempts and returns. The hair dryer overheats and turns itself off after 30 seconds. Orange juice - none (if I call the vile liquid they serve at breakfast OJ, Tropicana will sue my butt off). Add the sheer misery in the "restaurant" manager's face, the furniture and the decor, and you have an average Polish factory cafeteria circa 1970.
The report would be incomplete w/o mentioning the reception staff. These young girls were as charming and kind and friendly and helpful as they could be. Unfortunately, they couldn't do much.
Maybe in London in summer you cannot expect better for $195 a night. Maybe. Still: this is an hotel you can survive, but not much more than that. If the option is a night at the station, take it. But beware.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Booked our stay through laterooms. We were looking for somewhere cheapish (we paid £100 which I don't consider particularly cheap!) and near to Hyde Park. The photos on the website didn't look too bad, but in reality everything about this place was beyond disgusting. I can honestly say I have never stayed in a worse hotel and I have not a single good word to say about it. The room was like a prison cell, so enclosed and tiny that it was stifling hot, so much so that I had to get up at 1am to go to reception to borrow a fan! Toilets were communal which was not advertised. I think at £100 a night you should expect your own toilet facilities! Breakfast is served between 7.30 and 9.30. We were cutting it fine, but arrived at the dining area at 9.20 to find we were locked out of the room! We stood knocking on the door and windows as we could see people in there, eventually someone came (a foreign lady with poor english) and told us 'sorry breakfast is finished'. I explained we had been waiting a while already and that it wasnt yet 9.30, but the woman was so unbelievably rude and basically told me I was lying as she had only just locked the door. I was livid, how dare she accuse us of lying! I asked for her name so i could report it to reception, but she refused to give me it, I asked again and she tutted, huffed and turned her back on me and walked off. What absolutely appalling customer service. My advice DO NOT STAY HERE under any circumstances, you will be treated like an inconvenience by the staff and you will be highly disappointed by the standard of the facilities. This place should not be allowed customers.

• Stayed July 2013
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2013

When I mean small I mean it. You have to step outside to change your mind.

I think my laptop screen was bigger than the tiny tv. Maybe it was the cocoon or womb like feeling but I did have a terrific sleep there. The bed was good and the pillows soft. Lots of hot water but nothing pretty and not the cleanest.

We left our luggage while we explored more of the city for the day and came back in the evening to collect it. The luggage lockup is close to the desk but they give any one the key so you know. It was half the price of the other 3 hotels in the area so we picked it because we only needed a place to sleep for the one night.

If you're looking for a cheap place to sleep, it works.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I booked this hotel last minute, I was looking for something closer to Paddington Station. The priced they charge for 2 nights was $753. I know hotels in London are expensive but for this hotel, it is NOT worth that at all. The room is dirty, and old! The mattress is very old and sagging. I can feel the spring inside! The small refrigeration they advertised online was not working. Breakfast that was supposed to come with had 2 kinds of cereal and toast. By far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo