Falcon Hotel
$200
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
$202
$208
$195
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$166
$231
$400
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$132
$111
Agoda.com
$200
$189
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$155
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewspaddington stationno elevatorbeansprivate toiletenglish breakfastsingle roombreakfast was includedsmall roombasic hotelhome away from homeconvenient locationthird floorfull englishyogurtpubsluggagesink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Good hotel. Let me start with the positive. Its next to paddington station and served with a variety of buses, all attractions within easy reach and travelling is easy especially if landing at heathrow. Staff fantastic, helpful and extremely friendly and hotel is very very clean, room serviced everyday no problems with towels or hot water. We stayed in No 15 a triple room on third floor with a view of Norfolk Square out of the window. No lifts however stairs are managable. Area is busy however had good night sleep every single night and we stayed there for ten nights so experienced even the heavy weekend crowd. The area is swarmed with different eating places so there was a variety of places without the need to move about so much in the evening.
Negative, the room is small however I have to be fair that I was advised beforehand that this was the case, and you do not go to London to stay in the room. The ensuite was tiny by European standards but had the basic necessities so we managed well. However I feel I have to give few suggestions to the management- a detachable showerhead would have made showering in the small ensuite easier, I do not know what the other rooms have but room 15 has a fixed showerhead. Some more shelves for storage would be handy as two bedside tables between three is not enough and last of all, the window is a bit dangerous since the single bed is exactly next to the sill, I did not want my daughter sleeping there for fear she might get up in the middle of the night half dazed and lean out so my husband slept there for the whole stay. However overall I have to say we enjoyed our stay at the falcon and will return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank odettefalzon
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed at the meridana hotel near Euston Station in October 2008,and were happy there,however in October 2010 decided to stay at the falcon at paddington.On this occasion we were flying Brisbane to London heathrow,and it is so simple to catch the heathrow express 15 minute train journey to Paddington station.It is a 3 minute walk from there to the falcon which is situated in a quiet street.Paddington station is excellent place to transfer to any rail line you need to travel.One minute walk from our accommodation is the Sawyers Arms,a top pub with tasty food and well priced.This hotel is located in an excellent position.The hotel itself ,is also not expensive and good value.The rooms we had were larger than the 2008 hotel and the full english breakfast just as good.The reception was very friendly and I have nothing negative to report.we are infact going to book there again in October 2012.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank musketBrisbane
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed here as I was visiting some friends. I read the reviews and thought I would give it a go, well what a mistake!!! I was staying in a double room that had about as much room as a shoe box. I don't think I have ever been to a hotel where you have to go down three flights of stairs to use the toilet, but had a shower in the room!!! As for breakfast, I don't consider a few baked beans, an over cooked rasher of bacon and one tomato an English Breakfast. It was so awful I only stayed one night. What perplexes me is throughout the hotel there were reviews all over the hotel saying what a great place this was, obviously my standards are too high. There are better budget hotels in the area and this place needs to be given a wide berth.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank Thepeel
seekingahotel, Owner at Falcon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

We must say we are disappointed too that this customer felt the way he did. As we say in our trade we can please all the guests some of the time but we can not please all the guests all of the time. This guest had not considered how little he had paid for the room and that he asked for a budget room and knew the toilet for the room was 2 floors down (not 3) in advance. In fact we have had lawyers and nurses staying months on months (literally!) with no complaint.

The description of our breakfast is also incorrect. Our English breakfast includes choice of fruit juices, choice of cereal and milk, yoghurt, fruit bowls, butter, jam, variety of cheese, unlimited toast, egg, bacons, beans and tomatoes. Experienced travellers will know this is more than many 5 star hotels provide!

The reviewer should not be ashamed of his high standards but perhaps he should consider staying at Hilton Hotel few yards from us for 5 times the price and not getting same breakfast!
We remain the best budget hotel in London and the proof is what the reviewer himself described as hundred and hundreds of happy guests evidenced elsewhere!

Kindest

Reviewed August 2, 2011

This hotel was just a block or so away from Paddington Station and it was a convenient base to tour London. Our room was small but clean and had a bathroom in the room.
I was a little disappointed that they didn't have coffee in the morning until 7:30 or 8- we were often already gone by then, to catch a day tour. That was true of the other hotels we stayed at also, though. I walked a block away to a McDonalds and got my coffee there. Also, when we got home at night we wanted to check our email on the lobby computer, but it was put away by 10:30.

Room Tip: Small but serviceable- our room had a great view of Norfolk Square garden. Book ahead- they are a popular hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank Travelingal63126
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This is a well-located, well-renovated, clean, and affordable hotel. The breakfasts (of juice, fruit, cereal, bacon, egg, beans, tomato, toast, and coffee or tea) come in fresh-cooked, with no time for eggs to get rubbery. The capable and friendly staff do everything to make the stay pleasant. Single rooms can be cramped, but the doubles are good. Showers are modern. A computer is available. No smoking except on an attractive back porch under an awning.
The square is a pleasant park, only a block from Paddington Station, an easy train ride from Heathrow. A laundry and post office (with bureau de change for a good currency exchange rate) aren't far away. There are several good pubs, with Cask Marque rated ales and good food. There are news stands with UK and international papers. London tour buses start from a corner of the square.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo