“Poor service but great location”

Cromwell International Hotel
Ranked #935 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 27, 2014

As the price was very cheap we couldn't ask for too much. The room are tiny but clean for London avarage. Staff is ok. Location is very good. only disappointed when we asked for an hair dryer and they didn't have. Nothing more to say

Room Tip: Spend some money more but take a superior room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Fred C
Roberto R, Manager at Cromwell International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Fred C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. Our guests' feedback is very important to us as we always strive to improve our product and service.

I am very sorry to hear that Reception failed to provide for an hairdryer during your stay. Our rooms are all en suite with complimentary toiletry and hairdryers. I shared your comments with the Reception staff for training and quality purposes and to ensure that it will not happen again in future.

Thank you once again for your custom and we hope that we will be able to serve you again soon.

Best Regards

The Cromwell Crown team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We couldn't have chose a better hotel for our short London visit. A short walk between 2 tube stations, across the road from the Natural History and V&A museums, next to a wide selection of great restaurants. It was clean, friendly and very reasonably priced for such a lovely area (along the road from Harrods too). Next time we are in London we'll be staying there again.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank UK_CBGB

Dear UK_CBGB,

Thank you very much for your amazing feedback and score. We are happy that you had great time whilst in London.

Please make sure you will come back to see us in future.

Best Wishes

The Cromwell Crown team

Reviewed February 20, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is a large hotel not far from Gloucester Road tube station, shops and V & A. They have a variety of rooms on offer for different budgets so you can get a very reasonable deal for London. Rooms facing the front are noisy (even on the 5th floor) so it's best to try and secure a room at the back. I had requested one at booking and it wasn't on their system - however, I persisted and the very helpful receptionist eventually agreed to move me to the back to a room at the back. Having said that, the options to reach it consisted of a creaky lift that only went up to the 4th floor, or very steep stairs. The room was clean and comfortable, though the double bed consisted of two single beds unsuccessfully wedged together. I couldn't figure out to work the shower and ended up with a hand-held nozzle. Otherwise, it was a comfortable stay overall.

Room Tip: If you are in any way sensitive to traffic noise, definitely ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 12, 2014

On the positive side, the price of a night's stay (£37.50) was excellent for central London. However, I suspect that is the only way they can attract a clientele. The hotel has been there for many years so you would have thought they had put in double-glazing to block the traffic noise but , no, they hadn't. Sleeping was very poor because of that and also because of the incredibly lumpy mattress - I am still hurting! There was only one person on duty in a full hotel so I had to wait over an hour to have extra pillows delivered even though I offered to bring them up myself. So, I couldn't even relax because I didn't know when someone would turn up. The extra pillows didn't help, by the way, they were amazingly thin. The person on duty the next morning never even looked at me, nor asked about my stay nor wished me a good day.
So, I feel I paid £37.50 for rude and poor service, a sleepless night and a bad back. Next time I will pay a little bit more and go to Travelodge!

Room Tip: Can't think of one. I booked in advance and asked for a room in the back - still didn't get...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Bethany123321
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My company booked me in here and my god do I regret it, the room was tiny, what's more I could here a washing machine going all night which meant I got zero sleep now I had a meeting with my director the next day which meant I was totally out of sorts thanks to this bad hotel, do not stay in room 510 you will be kept awake

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank richhague
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Superior double room is deceiving! Cramped and stuffy. Nice bathroom though small. Apparently the hotel has undergone renovation but majority of areas very basic and shabby. The staff were polite. Lots of stairs and could not see much help for disabled. The lift is old and even using it for access to 2nd floor we struggled with cases and bags up another flight of stairs! Location of hotel is good.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends