“Very good location, clean room, no complaints”

Cromwell International Hotel
Ranked #937 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Malta
“Very good location, clean room, no complaints”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 9 nights and have absolutely nothing to complain about. Rooms were meticulously cleaned, shower is excellent and room is of a comfortable size. Owners are renovating so workmen welcome you to bkfast but it's no bother at all. Staff helped with all requests. Most IMp thing is location location location: night buses stop 5 mins away from hotel, main line just 7 mins walk away, taxi ride from centre is less than ten mins. Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a new room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I'm an experienced city contractor. Stay in hotels every week away from home so it's important to have somewhere comfortable etc. the price seems good but there's a catch. The hotel staff are really rude and totally useless and the rooms are still being refurbished so I was put in a room in the middle of a building site woken at 8am every morning by huge noise. I work in the city til late so sleep ins are crucial. I also had wires and pipes sticking out of holes in the wall. I asked for a new room and was told their computers didn't work so I had to wait this went on for 2 days so I had enough and checked out 3 nights early. When I checked out the receptionist promised me a refund as a gesture of goodwill of the unused nights. I was asked to write all my complaint details on a piece of paper as a formality but that I would receive payment within afew days. 8 days later I called them today to be told they aren't now willing to gives any money back. I have told all my fellow contractors to avoid this place so that's atleast some way of teaching them a lesson in treating customers properly. Seriously it really is a lottery with this hotel which room u get and where. Don't risk it

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Jonesy7750

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have spent 2 nights in Cromwell Crown Hotel and I would recommend it if you are looking for not too expensive accomodation as close to the centre as possible. The hotel's location is really very good. There is a bus stop opposite to the hotel and you can get to Oxford street in 20 minutes with no changes. Tube station is within walking distance.
We were accomodated in a junior suit apartment (quadruple), ensuite. It was two-level room with two double beds. It was very clean and well equipped. Bathroom was clean and nice as well, it seems it was recently refurbrished.
To sum up, that was really comfortable to stay in the hotel.
However, there is a refurbrishment in the hotel in process, so I am not sure if all the rooms look like ours.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

On arrival we was welcomed to unfriendly and least knowledgeable about that the lift was out of order. We was told to climb over ladders and wires. Uneven floor. Then told to go downstairs to the basement. To find the there is no signs of which room was mine. Then when we found the room it looked tidy until you opened you eyes. The most annoying thing was the bed was right upto the window. And there was a cigarette at the window. Then when we got back the window was unlocked. The shower was difficult to use and leaked everywhere. The en suite was new as everything still had a price tag on them. Bed was made lousy. The only good thing about this hotel was the location and close to the underground.

2 Thank Ben B
malta
Reviewed January 24, 2013

we are a maltese couple who came to london for 9 days of holidays, at first judging on the reviews other guests posted on such a hotel, we were quite sceptic but then when we went in we had a total different experience towards the hotel.firstly the hotel is situated right in a very good location. it is just 5 minute walk off from gloucester tube. this station has 3 of the most important lines in london. the hotel has sainsburys just across the road, with a couple of restaurants also around its place. The hotel unlike what photos were posted, has newly refurbished rooms with great shower and new furniture inside , including a kettle with tea and coffee. the matress is a bit hard but the rest is great. the receptionists and front office personnel were really helpful. we had a good stay. thanks for the help

1 Thank ryanportelli
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2013

OK, the hotel is under some renovation but overall it was great. A big comfy bed, powerful shower, brilliant location, quiet room. Ok it wasn't perfect as there were a couple of bleach marks on the carpet but it didn't matter to us at all.

Room Tip: We stayed in 308 which is at the rear and we booked a superior room but it was great and quiet. Mos...
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Don't get scammed by this an absolutely apauling excuse for a hotel, tried to charge us 3 times for the 2 nights we stayed, and told us we wasn't to leave until they had received a payment, which wasn't going to happen.
Poor communication with the staff, you would think a hotel in London would have English speaking staff. We struggled to find the hotel when we first arrived so we rang the hotel reception for directions and all they had to say was I don't know. Very unhelpful.
The state of the hotel reception and stairways its unexceptable, walking through the front door of the hotel there and wires hanging out the walls I actually tripped on one of them as I came back one night. The noise of builders is ridicolus and the dust is discusting. Walking through the halls half the carpet has been pulled up yet another hazard. The room they except you to leave your luggage in and eat your breakfast is a joke.
After reading so many bad reviews a few days before we was to arrive I rang the hotel to ask a few questions and to upgrade our room. Very glad I did that because I can't find a thing bad to say about our room except the walls are so thin you can hear conversations in every room surrounding it.

• Stayed January 2013