Vancouver Studios
$288
$279
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbayswater tube stationno liftsingle studionotting hillbayswater areawestbourne grovesmall kitchenetteprinces squarehyde parkgarden apartmentkensington gardenshereford roadstove toplower floorkitchen facilitiesmarks and spencerportobello market
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and find it very convenient. The latest stay was the week beginning 18 November 2013. I have stayed in the basement and on the other floors as well. Wi-Fi is a bit erratic in the basement, but my last stay was fine. Lots of shops; Sainsburys, Tesco, Whiteleys shopping centre etc. So you will be spoilt for choice.

Public transport is plentiful with the 70 bus to South Kensington a stroll away and Queensgate and Bayswater tube stations about 5min walk away. The self catering apartments allows you to rustle up a meal if you want to or you could use the many restaurants and pubs in the area.

There is no lift so if you have lots of luggage request a lower floor and the rooms facing the courtyard are quieter as noticed by others. For the best rate contact Vancouver Studios directly as you get a lower rate if they have your contact details on the system.

The house keeping was a bit slack as I had to ask for bathroom amenities on more than one occasion. The daily replenishment of tea, coffee, hot chocolate did make up for the blemishes.

Had some stuff delivered to the hotel and it was given to me upon my arrival. Friendly front of house staff. Will stay there again

Room Tip: Contact hotel directly for best rate. Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank thaanur
Reviewed November 30, 2013

In oktober I stayed here for the third time in a single studio. I choose Vancouver Studios because I have not managed to find a nicer studio in a nice area for a better price. The single studio is not big, and I would prefer a bathroom instead of a small basin in the toilet and a separate shower cubicle in the hallway (or in the room), but the shower is very comfy and that goes for the bed as well. I also like the small table and of course the kitchen. It makes it easy to have meals in your room. The studio is clean, quite soundproof (although the street can be a bit noisy) and the staff is really friendly. Last two times I stayed here there were some problems with the free wifi, but resetting it solved it. If you don't like stairs, this is not the place for you, or ask for a room on a low floor. The location is just perfect, with two underground stations and Notting hill and Hyde park nearby. There are plenty nice restaurants and cafes in the neighbourhood (I like Wesbourne grove). All in all I like this place and will stay here again for my next visit!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dutchlassie
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have been staying at VS for the last 8 years and always enjoy my stay. The rooms are on the small side, but that is true of most places in London. It is always clean and pleasant. The staff is fabulous and I love Zues the resident cat that is always super friendly and gives me my cat fix while away from home. The kitchenette is key with multiple shops around to purchase the basic for the room. Location is close to both the central an circle/ district lines as well as the park. Stairs are the only draw back so ask for a lower floor room!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelingfreak
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights in the apartment building, separate to the main hotel. Firstly, excellent service at check in, prompt professional and allowed us in early, check out was just as good. The room itself (Piccadilly) was much larger than expected, well appointed with a comfy sofa bed, full kitchen with accessories, stylish bathroom, washer/dryer & comfortable main bed. The room was exactly as described. The location is excellent, at the end of the street the #23 bus passes through the best parts of London and there is a Sainsbury and Starbucks plus many restaurants nearby. The main st is also less than 5 mins, Hyde Park is close too. All round it's a good find for a stay, I would stay again for sure

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank McGeepers
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I arrived last Sat afternoon with a lot of good aniticipation about this place. I'd seen the photos on the website and was impressed by the rationgs from others. I was staying alone for NFL weekend. When I arrived I was greeted by a friendly face, seemingly polish young lady with a lovely smile. I was then given my key and told it was top floor. There was no lift (neither here nor there for me that one to be honest!). So up I went up lots of winding stairs until I reached my room. I was gutted to find that on going in there was very little room to maneouvre. Just behind the door was the shower cubicle (power shower which wasnt screwed in fully) then the toilet room next to it all in one small square area. Clean enough dont get me wrong but very small. My living room area was a small bedroom area with a single bed just to the left of the door in and a small kitchenette against the right hand side, The tea towel was damp. There was adequate cutlery and cups, plates, pans and a microwave also which was impressive, along with a fridge (which unnervingly leaned forwards as you opened the door!).
On my first night I thought I would go to the local bars and met up with a couple of nice people. Ended up having a few drinks then getting back with a somewhat boozy head and then found myself waking up in the wee small hours with several voicemail messages on my phone. On checking, the hotel had rung me a few times to say if i wasnt back by midnight (around this time) I would be charged a fee (basically a first night fee). I didnt realise I had to be back by any time as I had been told it was a 24 hour reception.
Anyway this didnt materialise but its something to warn others about. Apart from this it was a decent hotel though the wind in the night did rattle my room window so much that I was awake by 4am again the following night.
There is a really nice friendly guy on reception - bald man with a very friendly attitude and very helpful so full marks for this. Area is nice enough to and the Bayswater station is 5 m ins round the corner. Nice bars, lots of shops and if youre up to it a 45 min walk into the heart of London
I wouldnt book here again personally but it was ok

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo