“Good value for money, perfect location”
Review of Vancouver Studios

Vancouver Studios
Ranked #396 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 30, 2013

In oktober I stayed here for the third time in a single studio. I choose Vancouver Studios because I have not managed to find a nicer studio in a nice area for a better price. The single studio is not big, and I would prefer a bathroom instead of a small basin in the toilet and a separate shower cubicle in the hallway (or in the room), but the shower is very comfy and that goes for the bed as well. I also like the small table and of course the kitchen. It makes it easy to have meals in your room. The studio is clean, quite soundproof (although the street can be a bit noisy) and the staff is really friendly. Last two times I stayed here there were some problems with the free wifi, but resetting it solved it. If you don't like stairs, this is not the place for you, or ask for a room on a low floor. The location is just perfect, with two underground stations and Notting hill and Hyde park nearby. There are plenty nice restaurants and cafes in the neighbourhood (I like Wesbourne grove). All in all I like this place and will stay here again for my next visit!

1  Thank Dutchlassie

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have been staying at VS for the last 8 years and always enjoy my stay. The rooms are on the small side, but that is true of most places in London. It is always clean and pleasant. The staff is fabulous and I love Zues the resident cat that is always super friendly and gives me my cat fix while away from home. The kitchenette is key with multiple shops around to purchase the basic for the room. Location is close to both the central an circle/ district lines as well as the park. Stairs are the only draw back so ask for a lower floor room!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelingfreak
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights in the apartment building, separate to the main hotel. Firstly, excellent service at check in, prompt professional and allowed us in early, check out was just as good. The room itself (Piccadilly) was much larger than expected, well appointed with a comfy sofa bed, full kitchen with accessories, stylish bathroom, washer/dryer & comfortable main bed. The room was exactly as described. The location is excellent, at the end of the street the #23 bus passes through the best parts of London and there is a Sainsbury and Starbucks plus many restaurants nearby. The main st is also less than 5 mins, Hyde Park is close too. All round it's a good find for a stay, I would stay again for sure

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank McGeepers
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I arrived last Sat afternoon with a lot of good aniticipation about this place. I'd seen the photos on the website and was impressed by the rationgs from others. I was staying alone for NFL weekend. When I arrived I was greeted by a friendly face, seemingly polish young lady with a lovely smile. I was then given my key and told it was top floor. There was no lift (neither here nor there for me that one to be honest!). So up I went up lots of winding stairs until I reached my room. I was gutted to find that on going in there was very little room to maneouvre. Just behind the door was the shower cubicle (power shower which wasnt screwed in fully) then the toilet room next to it all in one small square area. Clean enough dont get me wrong but very small. My living room area was a small bedroom area with a single bed just to the left of the door in and a small kitchenette against the right hand side, The tea towel was damp. There was adequate cutlery and cups, plates, pans and a microwave also which was impressive, along with a fridge (which unnervingly leaned forwards as you opened the door!).
On my first night I thought I would go to the local bars and met up with a couple of nice people. Ended up having a few drinks then getting back with a somewhat boozy head and then found myself waking up in the wee small hours with several voicemail messages on my phone. On checking, the hotel had rung me a few times to say if i wasnt back by midnight (around this time) I would be charged a fee (basically a first night fee). I didnt realise I had to be back by any time as I had been told it was a 24 hour reception.
Anyway this didnt materialise but its something to warn others about. Apart from this it was a decent hotel though the wind in the night did rattle my room window so much that I was awake by 4am again the following night.
There is a really nice friendly guy on reception - bald man with a very friendly attitude and very helpful so full marks for this. Area is nice enough to and the Bayswater station is 5 m ins round the corner. Nice bars, lots of shops and if youre up to it a 45 min walk into the heart of London
I wouldnt book here again personally but it was ok

1  Thank djlucjohn1
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was my third stay at Vancouver Studios and everything and everyone was just as pleasant and comfortable and welcoming as before. I really wish I had discovered this place 10-15 years ago, I enjoy my time here so much. Arriving from North America, you do show up well before checkin, but freshen up in the ground floor powder room and store your bags in the side office. Go explore for a few hours and return to your private little oasis in London. Each time I get a better rate than advertised, and each time I am somehow upgraded. Though on the small side, the rooms are always sparkling, particularly the bathrooms. This time, the wifi was quite erratic and more off than on, but when the stars were in complete alignment I was able to keep up with the friends back home and upload the day's photos as hoped. The little kitchenette is so convenient. VS is just a six block stroll from both the Bayswater tube station and the Sainsbury and Tesco markets. Stock up on a few essentials and you feel even more like a real Londoner in your personal neighborhood, rather than a tourist. Love love LOVE London and I will certainly stay at Vancouver Studios each and every time in the future.

Room Tip: As evryone notes, this is an old building and the stairs are STEEP. So if you have anything but a sm...
3  Thank Christine C
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed 5 nights in early October. Good location in Bayswater very near Hyde Park with lots of shops, restaurants and tube stations nearby. We had a quiet & comfortable double room over the courtyard. The room was small but there was enough space with a table, 2 chairs, kitchette and ensuite bathroom. Kitchette was well equiped so we could prepare breakfast and a few dinners in the room. Also had laundry facilities in the hotel, a nice convenience.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LTLW
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Last week, my husband and I spent 5 nights at Vancouver Studios in London. This was the second time I had stayed there, and I wasn't disappointed. The rooms are small---but they are very modern and clean. And--the price is right, especially for the location, which is in Bayswater, close to a tube station. The staff was friendly and helpful. When we got there, our room was on the fourth floor (ground floor is zero, so really the fifth floor) and there's no elevator---and getting our luggage up there was not easy, plus we are 60-something's! So we asked to be moved to a lower floor, which the staff did soon as there was an opening. So, if you have much luggage or don't like to climb stairs, ask for a room on a lower floor. Would definitely stay there again. One downside---no a/c!! Both times I have stayed there the weather was cool enough to not need it. Oh, and the rooms all have little kitchenettes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a lower floor!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family