Vancouver Studios
$371
$310
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $345/night.

$322
  • Pool
$220
$184
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

$278
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$130
$122
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$177
$153
Hotels.com
$271
$257
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $304/night.

The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$158
$133
Agoda.com
$1,066
$846
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsno liftbayswater tube stationsingle studionotting hillsmall kitchenettebayswater areawestbourne grovehyde parkprinces squaregarden apartmentkensington gardenshereford roadstove toplower floormarks and spencerportobello marketwasher and dryer
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here with our 4 children aged 5 to 15 during a 5 week holiday in England & France. The 3 bedroom apartment was spacious by city standards and was, clean, well equipped and well maintained. Our apartment opened onto a charming courtyard. Conveniently located, this small hotel has a lovely atmosphere, charming decor and friendly, helpful staff. It really was a home away from home and would suit individuals, couples and families travelling for business or leisure.

Room Tip: I can highly recommend the 3 bedroom garden apartment.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 69Caz
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We booked this hotel on HRS.com just shortly before we traveled to London and got it for a very fair price, especially as London is a very expensive city.

Firstly, the location of the hotel is quite good, it's in a quite area near to Hyde Park and is not far away from a tube station. The welcoming was friendly, but to our surprise the room was in the basement, where it said: "No entrance!", which was obviously kind of shocking for us in the very first moment. But, it turned out to be a very nice, big room that even had a small kitchen. Everything was clean and prepared, so we didn't have to complain.

The only thing that didn't really work out was the breakfast that we ordered for the next morning. It didn't appear, although we had already paid for it. After some discussion at the reception and a short phone call we solved the problem and got our money for the breakfast back.

All in all, the hotel is really fine for a short trip to London! If you get a room with discount on HRS.com or another booking website, please be aware that you also might get the room in the basement or you have to call the hotel before booking a room.

Room Tip: Booking on a booking website with discount might lead to a room in the basement, which is maybe not everyone's favourite...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shimax19
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed in London, at the Vancouver Studios, for eight nights over Thanksgiving week, 2012. The hotel was a great value. Location was near three Tube stops (Bayswater, Queensway and 15-min walk to Paddington) and we also enjoyed browsing around Whiteleys at day's end, a 3-story mall just down the street. My daughter and I had two twin beds, just up one flight of stairs. The room was small, but the tiny kitchen was the best feature. I had fresh coffee (New Orleans style) each morning, juice and milk always in the frig, and we made lunch for a couple of day trips, plus dinner in room a couple of nights. The savings on meals out was great, as was the convenience. Small but very good shower stall and bathroom. Neighborhood always felt safe.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Katy S
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Had a lovely stay, we had a triple room and didn't want to climb the stairs ( no lift ) so we chose to have the basement studio ( rm 2 ) only one flight down .. The stairs down were very narrow and only had a hand rail half way down .. and steep .... The room was lovely,very clean and big , red hot shower.... The place itself is just along the road from everything you could need .
We will go back next year but will climb up the stairs as they were wider and not to steep ( when uv got cases to carry !! )
Staff where very friendly ... I'll put some photos on x

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Lilian52
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Another visit to the Vancouver Studios - very good location close to two tube lines and with a useful and money saving kitchenette. I stayed here at the beginning of September for a few days in a single studio and and the end of September for a week with a surprise upgrade to a double room. The single studios are still fine for longer stays but it was very nice having that bit of extra space to stretch out in the double room. The reception staff were still very friendly and helpful barring one woman who was more enthusiastic about her mobile phone than the guests.

These are minor quibbles but worth a mention: the housekeeping this time was very 'interesting' - I didn't appreciate being woken up by someone trying to get into the room to clean and I was disturbed on more than one day. That 'do not disturb' sign didn't offer magical protection. The cleaning was also patchy on this visit and I did find something you wouldn't quite expect in the room (purple with batteries) and so not mine. I came back one afternoon to find my room door open, not just unlocked. Thankfully there is a security system that prevents people just walking in off the streets so this wasn't a major problem, besides the fact I didn't have anything anyone would want to steal. It would still pay to use the small safe that is provided in the cupboard. Housekeeping had also decided that I didn't want to recyle my water bottles which I had left well away from any bins on a table by the window for re-use the next day. There seemed to be a set pattern on the dining table that had to be adhered to regardless and water bottles must have ruined the symmetry. All of my things on the table seemingly had to be moved to accommodate this. The new louvre wooden shutters were also badly thought out - because of the pelmet they don't actually fold back, so you can move the louvres up and down to let in light but cannot easily access the window. They look nice but could be more practical. On previous visits I have been impressed with the standard of housekeeping so I wouldn't let it put you off a visit as this may have been a transient problem.

The bed was comfortable, the shower had lovely consistent hot water, the towel were fluffy and large, the tv channels plentiful, the wifi generally good and you did not get a lot of noise from other guests, barring some panting by people reaching the top of the stairs and I too contributed to that. The man with the angle grinder on the scaffolding outside the wiindow did ruin the peace but that wasn't the hotel's fault. Overall a pleasurable stay and those stairs certainly help with the fitness level. Now I've been spoilt by the double room it will be hard to go back to a single studio. Now if I could find somewhere to write a review of the idiot that decided to close both the district and circle lines for planned engineering works on the weekend I was trying to get to Heathrow by tube. Just as well reception was there to help solve this travel dilemma and look after my luggage. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo