Vancouver Studios
$248
$207
$155
  • Pool
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$309
$299
  • Bar/Lounge
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$166
$999
$795
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsno liftbayswater tube stationsingle studionotting hillsmall kitchenettebayswater areawestbourne grovehyde parkprinces squaregarden apartmentkensington gardenshereford roadstove toplower floormarks and spencerportobello marketwasher and dryer
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed in London, at the Vancouver Studios, for eight nights over Thanksgiving week, 2012. The hotel was a great value. Location was near three Tube stops (Bayswater, Queensway and 15-min walk to Paddington) and we also enjoyed browsing around Whiteleys at day's end, a 3-story mall just down the street. My daughter and I had two twin beds, just up one flight of stairs. The room was small, but the tiny kitchen was the best feature. I had fresh coffee (New Orleans style) each morning, juice and milk always in the frig, and we made lunch for a couple of day trips, plus dinner in room a couple of nights. The savings on meals out was great, as was the convenience. Small but very good shower stall and bathroom. Neighborhood always felt safe.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Katy S
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Had a lovely stay, we had a triple room and didn't want to climb the stairs ( no lift ) so we chose to have the basement studio ( rm 2 ) only one flight down .. The stairs down were very narrow and only had a hand rail half way down .. and steep .... The room was lovely,very clean and big , red hot shower.... The place itself is just along the road from everything you could need .
We will go back next year but will climb up the stairs as they were wider and not to steep ( when uv got cases to carry !! )
Staff where very friendly ... I'll put some photos on x

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Lilian52
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Another visit to the Vancouver Studios - very good location close to two tube lines and with a useful and money saving kitchenette. I stayed here at the beginning of September for a few days in a single studio and and the end of September for a week with a surprise upgrade to a double room. The single studios are still fine for longer stays but it was very nice having that bit of extra space to stretch out in the double room. The reception staff were still very friendly and helpful barring one woman who was more enthusiastic about her mobile phone than the guests.

These are minor quibbles but worth a mention: the housekeeping this time was very 'interesting' - I didn't appreciate being woken up by someone trying to get into the room to clean and I was disturbed on more than one day. That 'do not disturb' sign didn't offer magical protection. The cleaning was also patchy on this visit and I did find something you wouldn't quite expect in the room (purple with batteries) and so not mine. I came back one afternoon to find my room door open, not just unlocked. Thankfully there is a security system that prevents people just walking in off the streets so this wasn't a major problem, besides the fact I didn't have anything anyone would want to steal. It would still pay to use the small safe that is provided in the cupboard. Housekeeping had also decided that I didn't want to recyle my water bottles which I had left well away from any bins on a table by the window for re-use the next day. There seemed to be a set pattern on the dining table that had to be adhered to regardless and water bottles must have ruined the symmetry. All of my things on the table seemingly had to be moved to accommodate this. The new louvre wooden shutters were also badly thought out - because of the pelmet they don't actually fold back, so you can move the louvres up and down to let in light but cannot easily access the window. They look nice but could be more practical. On previous visits I have been impressed with the standard of housekeeping so I wouldn't let it put you off a visit as this may have been a transient problem.

The bed was comfortable, the shower had lovely consistent hot water, the towel were fluffy and large, the tv channels plentiful, the wifi generally good and you did not get a lot of noise from other guests, barring some panting by people reaching the top of the stairs and I too contributed to that. The man with the angle grinder on the scaffolding outside the wiindow did ruin the peace but that wasn't the hotel's fault. Overall a pleasurable stay and those stairs certainly help with the fitness level. Now I've been spoilt by the double room it will be hard to go back to a single studio. Now if I could find somewhere to write a review of the idiot that decided to close both the district and circle lines for planned engineering works on the weekend I was trying to get to Heathrow by tube. Just as well reception was there to help solve this travel dilemma and look after my luggage. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank NessieC
Reviewed November 6, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Vancouver Studios in London is just lovely. From the moment I popped my head in the door, I was treated perfectly. I had a room on near the top, but the kind lady at the desk suggested that I could change rooms if I wanted to a lower level room as she thought I was dragging suitcases, as the stairs can be tough on people. I fortunately have no problem with the stairs, but be warned - if you stay in a Victorian hotel there will never be a lift/elevator as due to preservation building codes they cannot be installed.
The room and hotel were immaculate - I let out a little cheer when I got into the room. Their single rooms can be noted as small (if you're basing size on a North American standard, for example) but for me it was ideal. I had the kitchen items I needed, lovely decor, tv and a nice view of the neighbourhood. I mean, you're in London - how much time are you going to spend in your room anyway? Either way, it's an ideal base. There's so much to see and you're in such a lovely area. It's very easy getting around. It's a jam packed area with many other similar hotels (not hotels like we're used to in North America) but you'll know what I mean when you get there...but Vancouver Studios is perfect - and a real step up from most of it's hotel neighbours and remarkably quiet too.
The kind front desk staff will take time with you to give you tips as to where everything is etc. It's super easy to get around, there are great pubs close by and it's a 10 minute walk to Hyde Park and many shops. This is a great hotel, and even greater if you can score a deal on laterooms.com I currently live in Oxford, and often come into London on weekends, seeing as It's only 58 odd miles away. This hotel is one of my top three places to stay.
I'm orginally from Vancouver Canada, and I'm glad to say that this hotel does the city of Vancouver total justice. It's just lovely and I'll be back. Book it. Now.

Room Tip: Be careful with the upper levels of the hotel, as the stairs are narrow and very steep. If you can't handle it or have young kids, get a lower room. Front facing rooms give you a nice view of the neighbourhood.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo