“Smoke-filled”
Review of Boston Court Hotel

Boston Court Hotel
Ranked #999 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I booked this what seemed like the last) hotel room in London about 3 weeks before my stay June 25-29. I checked in, left my bag in my room, and ran to the office. When I returned, my room was filled with cigarette smoke. I thought it was a matter of the hotel residents acting up, but the smell pervades every surface, even after I tried scrubbing down the walls near my pillow, I still woke up smelling stale tobacco smoke.

Leaving the window open to the ground floor traffic noise was the lesser of the two evils. Unless you are a smoker, and comfortable with carcinogens, do not stay here. I packed my bags and left the next morning. I would love to get a refund for the 3 nights, but figure the health of my lungs was worth the lost money. I was lucky to have a friend's sofa to crash on. The only plus is the location right near the shopping high street. Not worth buying nice things if you're risking your life of lung cancer though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MartinJ79
There are newer reviews for Boston Court Hotel

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with my parents. There was barly any water in the shower and the toilet was difficult to flush. Since there is no breakfast room you have to eat in the hotelroom, that would be okay of there was any place to sit, but we had to eat it in bed. And the breafast wasn`t all that, we were still hungry after eating. At least the people working there was friendly and the room was cleaned every day. The fact that the hotel is very close to Marble Arch is probably the only thing saving this hotel and it is cheap. So if you are only looking for a cheap place to stay close to oxford street and shopping and your demands are not to high you`ll survive a couple of nights.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012

the best thing i can say about this hotel, is the location was great for oxford st and hyde park. one night was plenty for this hotel. the bedroom was very cold with very little heating available. everything in the room was very dated. we gave breakfast a miss because after a cold night we wanted more than toast & jam.the staff were friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2012

definitely not a luxury hotel but comfortable, clean and friendly staff..and the price was very reasonable in comparison to comparable options. The en suite "bathroom" in the 3 bedroom is similar to wait you might find in a trailer and slightly awkward but functional/clean so it was fine. I spent about a week and a half at this hotel with two other women and we weren't in the room except to sleep and change. The price was very reasonable and in a safe area close to the Marble Arch subway on the Central Line.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Danielle H
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel isn't the best or the most luxurious you will ever stay in - but saying that - it doesn't claim to be so and neither does it charge a premium that suggests so. I stayed here for a considerable amount of time and it was absolutely fine. My room was clean and made every day, the bed was comfortable and the staff were really friendly. And, as far as the hotel's location is concerned you could not ask for better. The hotel was good for what I needed: a cheap hotel which would give me a base in London whilst I was carrying out professional engagements. If you are in a similar situation i.e. you just want a cheap base whilst you are working or exploring the city - then this hotel is certainly for you. Overall: a fine hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed in a tripple room for just a one night on the first floor.
Beds not comfortable. The room was clean and had all the necessities required such as a fridge, tea/coffee facilities, hair dryer and a small flat screen television with plenty of Arabian TV channels :D
There is no breakfast room and breakfast where served in the room from.
The hotel is very good located (shops, underground, bus stops, parks etc.)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Unknown U