Hotel The Caesar
  • Pool
$230
$185
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
Rosewood London(London)
$549
$409
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$136
$115
Agoda.com
2,169 results
All reviewshyde parkpaddington stationsingle roomheathrow expressquiet neighborhoodkensington gardensnotting hillrooms are smallboutique hotelexecutive roomclean hotelcentral lineshort stayoxford streetbreakfast was excellentfull englishtoiletries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This hotel was recommended to us by our travel agent at flight centre. We went over Christmas and stayed for 4 nights. Online, the hotel looked very nice, modern and stylish. When we first arrived, we were immediately struck by the overwhelming smell of incense and the tightness of the space. The lobby was definitely modern, stylish and clean and the restaurant/ bar were nicely set-up (we spent a few very nice evenings in these places - they were some of the best in terms of food in the immediate neighbourhood). The service was a little mixed. The reception attendant we met on arrival immediately pointed out that we had come to London at a time when everything was not open and it was going to rain all the time (woo..hoo!! Thanks for the pump up *not*). He was a complete misery to have to deal with when starting your vacation. This similar level of service was a bit too frequent at the front desk, but the restaurant and bar had good service. The room....was very, very, very small and in need of much renovation. The room was not a 4 star level room. The walls had water stains, the bathroom was impossibly small and musty.
All and all this was a good stay, but would choose to stay somewhere else on our next visit. I have a feeling they have a variety of different spaces in the hotel, so ask to see a room if possible. Not a 4 star hotel - more like a 3 star. The service was good except for the front desk. Recommend for a quiet weekend.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a larger room if possible.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tbktrba
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your comments which I greatly appreciate.

I am very concerned to read your comments as this does not sound like the Hotel we offer in both standard of accommodation or service and I therefor offer my apologies. Your comments will be discussed with the senior team in order that we learn from them. I would very much like to learn what room number this review relates to and would ask you kindly to email this directly on leem@derbyhotels.com, I obvioulsy want to rectify any faults as soon as possible.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My boyfriend and i stayed at the Caser Hotel over christmas 2012. Could not have asked for anything better! Room was great, modern and clean. The rooms are not overly big, but big enough and cosy. Bathroom was nice, good pressure and temperature of the shower unlike some places & a big mirror which was good. I've stayed in and around england for 8 weeks and this by far was the best hotel we've had. The staff themselves are a reason to stay! They were absolutely lovely, you were greeted each time you left and entered. They were more than helpful, went above and beyond to help. They held our bags for us whilst we went to Paris for three days at no extra cost, which really helped us out $100. Leading up to Christmas they collected parcels for us through post, and family even left presents with them for us which they held safely for weeks. It was great to have happy and loving people surrounding you, and feel welcomed and at home, especially over Christmas for us. It was also in an excellent location, Hyde Park was at the end of the street and a few shops were as well. The underground tube station queensway & bayswater were around the corner and up a few blocks, maximum 5 minute walk. Also a shopping mall called Whitelys was close enough to get too by foot. Overall, i highly recommend a stay at the Caesar, i know we will be going back when we come to London again. Absoloute 10/10 in all aspects!

Room Tip: My review is based on a Double Room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, it is very nice to receive such great feedback. Your feedback will be shared with all the Hotel team.

We hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Hotel is located in excelent area, near hayd park and sevearal underground stations. Rooms are clean and nice, but toooo small. Bathroom is also so tiny, that for two tall people such as us, was not the best. Good, will recommend but try to find with discounts...

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us. Rooms in London are generally quite compact although we do offer different room catorgeries and room sizes. We are also over half way through a bathroom upgrade programme where we are trying to improve the size of the bathrooms by there new design.

I hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed here with my parents back in July of 2009.
The hotel was very nice, we were warmly welcomed and our bags were taken to our rooms, it was a nice view of the street and it had a nice location but it wasn't on the main streets so it was not too loud or overly quiet.
The TV-internet thing was a little slow but the computers they offered in the lobby were quite fast and competent for many uses.
They offered many options for breakfast and it had a nice atmosphere.

I stayed here in July 2009, it just won't let me select the option for when I stayed here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Better late than never, I am pleased that we have left an impression on you that you can still write a review some time after.

Since your stay our WIFI systems have been upgraded and improved.

We hope that we can welcome you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is my second stay at The Caesar for business.
I didn't spend much time in the hotel due to me being out most of the time.

I stayed in a single room for £104, room 302. This was a room in the corner, facing the street but it was very quiet. On my last stay, I was in a tiny single 'box' room on the 3rd floor, right next to the lift, so this was a definite improvement.

The room was spacious for a single room with a double bed and bath with over-head shower. Hygiene good and room/bathroom was very clean. The TV switched itself on at midnight, which made me almost jump out of my skin but I think this is a technical hitch rather than a haunting!

Staff were friendly and helpful as always. I didn't eat breakfast, so cannot comment on the food.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, it's fairly priced, in a quiet location and clean.

Room Tip: For a single room, ask for room 302, it is larger and has a double bed
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for taking time to review your stay, we value your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that we woke you with the TV, this was due to a fault on the computor system.
We hope to welcome you back again in the future.