New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel The Caesar

Hotel The Caesar
Ranked #302 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Helsinki, Finland
“Excellent stay once again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Caesar for the third time. Our stay was excellent once again. The hotel has improved its services and now offers wifi for free - perfect. Now we don't need to worry if we have to get some work done during our trips to London.

Before travelling, we sent them an email that we'd like to have the same room as before if possible and gave the room number. Actually, we accidentally gave the wrong room number, but apparently they had checked our records because we got a room right next to our old room - maybe the old room wasn't available. Anyway, good service, and the room we got this time was as good as the old one, so no complaints there.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room at the end of a corridor (or at least not close to the lifts) and facing Qu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
It is so pleasing to read reviews like this from repeat guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us once more.

I believe that our staff are our greatest assett and I pleased that they went out of there way to try and provide your room request.

We look forward to your stay with us again in the future.

Lee Melville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Roma, Italia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Thanks to Tripadvisor, I have chosen this nice and comfortable hotel close to the railways station of Paddington. Affordable fees and good reviews.
Surprise surprise: a very nice place, very kind people at the reception, clean and warm room.
No kettle unfortunately, even if you have istant coffe, sugar and cup.
Early morning wake up and check out. The system was down so, no payment receipt. But they have sent it by e-mail after few hours.
Some small défaillances explain why fees are so low for a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that you had no Kettle, this is a complete oversight on our part, as all rooms have Kettles.

I hope that should you stay in London in the future, we can welcome you back to The Caesar Hotel.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed here for our honeymoon. The hotel is in a great neighborhood and just a few blocks from the Tube. The rooms are a little small but that was to be expected in Europe. Even being small, it was nice and very clean. We had free wifi in the entire hotel which was great. We also had a great breakfast in the hotel restaurant every day. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Firstly congratulations on your Marriage!

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Caesar Hotel and leave your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Caesar certainly set a new record: I have been travelling all over the globe for the past 32 years, but this was the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in! And it was very very basic and slightly smelly! I should have known something was wrong when I did not even get a reply from the hotel to my two e-mails in which I specifically asked for a quiet room and for a room that was not a shoebox size. I was shocked when I arrived in the room and went straight back to reception, asking for a bigger room. The one I got was so tiny I could not even put my suitcase anywhere. Well, yes, ON the bed! But where would I sleep?? Anyway, reception assigned me a slightly bigger room (only by a few square inches, but I could just put my suitcase down!)....right beside an elevator! Once more, back to reception! They told me they did not have any other rooms. I explained to them about the fact that the room was really very very small and said "But this is supposed to be a 4 star hotel!" I could not believe the reply I got! The staff member told me that single rooms in London are always small! And basically said that the 4 stars did not apply to single rooms. Oh???? So apparently a totally different set of rules applies to single rooms??? As long as the rest is OK, single rooms can be small and grotty??? The hotel room reminded me of youth hostels where I stayed when I was a student. As far as I'm concerned The Caesar is NOT a 4-star hotel, not even a 3-star hotel! A hotel room that is much too small, very basic (no minibar, no Kleenex, no iron and ironing board, no frills or extras whatsoever). The hotel also says it's 5 minutes from Paddington. Maybe by car or when you jog/run, but a tourist with luggage tends not to do that. It's about 12-13 minutes' walk to Paddington. I stayed here for 3 nights, will be back in London in August 2013, but have already booked a different hotel. There is just no way I will ever stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Carolinde
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review, although I am sorry that it is not a positive one. We take all feedback very serioulsy and I am sorry that we did not meet with your expecatations on this occassion.

The Caesar Hotel is a 4 star Hotel and is also awarded a silver award for outstanding service and hospitality, one of only 8 Hotel in London. Of course this standard applies to single rooms and if you were told this was not the case, I am sorry. Our team will now be re-trained on this matter.

Some of our single rooms are very compact, as a grade 2 listed building we do have some constraints on what we can do with the building. We do have larger rooms but obviouly single rooms are our smallest rooms.

We are very well located for Paddington and a walk of 5-10 minutes is the average, but of course it depends on the person.

I would love to be able to change your opion on our Hotel and would ask you to contact me directly (leem@derbyhotels.com) where I would be happy to offer a discount on a future stay.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was very pleased with this hotel. It's in a great area, clean and safe, filled with other hotels and apartments catering to the same crowd. Youthful, modern and European. Very nice staff and good facilities. My room was small but efficient as modern hotels are. Next time I will get a bigger room. But it was comfortable and well equipped. And the location is central within walking distance to Paddington station, the tube is nearby as are all the buses that run along Bayswater road. It's a good choice and reasonable for London.

Room Tip: The is a wide variety of rooms so do your research and ask/pay for what you prefer. Some are very un...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review, we do value your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

The room was tiny, the bed only a double and the price was outrageous. Breakfast was not included. We also had water dripping through the light fixture in our bathroom. Staff were nice but I definitely would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us, we do value your feedback and I am very sorry that your stay seems not to have gone well.

We take great pride our service and to ensure all our guests leave happy, clealry we have failed on this occassion with you.

We feel our property is very compertive on pricing in the area. London is now in high season and prices are higher than at other times of the year. We mointor London Hotels prices very closely and I am confident that we are cheaper than other similar Hotels in the local area.

Obvioulsy water should not have been coming through the lights and I am sorry for any inconvience caused by this. If we are correct in identyfing this incident, it occured as a guest above your room took a shower outside of the shower tray causing a flood.

I would ask you to contact me directly at the Hotel should you require accommodation in London in the future, where i will ensure we offer you a better experience and restore your faith in our Hotel. This is very important to us.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed in a single room. The size is cosy enough for single traveller.The hotel is modern and clean.The staff in the hotel were friendly and helpful.It is within walking distance to the Paddington Train station (approximately 15 minutes). The area is serene because it is a residential area. It is convenient to get food since there are restaurants and cafes along the street and a few convenience store to get some necessities. Would definitely recommend friends to stay here next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with is , we do value all the feedback we receive.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.