“Boutique and bijou”
Review of Hotel The Caesar

Hotel The Caesar
Ranked #283 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 28, 2012

No-one expects (or at least no-one should expect) sizeable hotel rooms in London and you certainly don't get it here. But this isn't a problem. The Caesar is a modern, chic, boutique hotel in the lovely quiet and leafy area of Bayswater. Queensway tube station is about 10 minutes away which takes you very close to lots of places you might need to go on the Central line. There are 3 other tube stations equi-distant from the hotel as well.
I had booked a single room for a 3-night business trip. The rooms are well equipped with flat-screen TV, tea/coffee making facilities, a modern bathroom with the usual supplies and hairdryer and, most importantly in this suddenly hot weather, air conditioning.
As well as small rooms, no-one expects reasonable and definitely not cheap hotel accommodation in London but for the quality of the hotel, this is really very good value. It was my second visit to the hotel and I will be back.
The staff are incredibly helpful and courteous (particularly looking after me when I'd had my mobile phone stolen while on the Tube) and nothing was a problem at any time of the day or night.
I didn't have breakfast, but did sample dinner one evening. As hotel food goes, it was quite good but with all the food on offer across London, I'd usually prefer to eat out.
A quiet space is something that is hard to find in London, but I slept with my window open all three nights with no problems at all. There is a little noise from the corridors, but nothing significant.
I had one issue in my trip - the first room allocated to me was infested with ants. Harmless creatures but not pleasant. I was allocated another room immediately and I can only presume/hope the issue was dealt with.
This will now be my go-to hotel in London for both business and pleasure.
I can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: As I had 2 room on this trip (one at the back and one at the front) I would say there wasn't a p...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Thank you for your kind and detailed review, we do value your feedback.

It is always pleasing to learn that our hard work on delivering a qulaity Hotel is apprecited, your comments will be passed on to the team.

I am sorry that you had a problem with ants, this is a rare problem but one brought on by the sudden hot weather in London. This problem was quickly dealt with. I am pleased that the team also dealt with this is in a speedy fashion to your satisfaction.

We value our regular clients and like to get to know of their likes and dislkes, please do make yourself know to us on your next stay so that we can say and personal thank you and hello.

We look ofrward to your next stay.

Lee Melville

Write a ReviewReviews (2,130)

998 - 1,004 of 2,130 reviews

Reviewed May 27, 2012

The Caesar Hotel was a very pleasant stay. The staff are extremely helpful and offer a very good service. The building itself is starting to get a bit tired and the rooms are very small. However, in the area, all the hotels appeared to be going through a stage of renovation and repair., which is a good sign.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our levels of service.

The Hotel has had significant investment over the past 5 years and we continue to upgrade the Hotel. Currently workks are taking place to renew bathrooms, lifts and corridors, although all with minimal disturbance to our guests.

I hope that you will return in the future.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I was at this hotel on april 2010 with my mother. Our bedroom was really small, perfect for one person, but kind of uncomfortable for two. The location is good: very close to a metro station and in a quiet area. It´s also very close to the Hyde Park. It´s a fine hotel, but I think there are better options for the same price.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback, we do value all comments that we receive.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the Hotels excellent location.

We belive our prices to be very compertive for the area, certainly for the qulaity of service and hospitality offered. We regulary benchmark our rates to ensure they are line with our compertition.

We hope that we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Was there for less than 12 hours. arrived late and was upgraded. Located in a nice, quiet, residential neighborhood close to paddington. have recently updated the hotel, lobby, rooms, etc. still working on one of two lifts. executive room is modest, with a tiny desk, more a shelf, adequate for laptop, but thats it. the bathroom is also tight, but well designed for the space. could have use a box of tissues. internet access is free for the first hour, 8 pounds/24 hours thereafter.
small lobby bar is comfortable with nice selection of drinks.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time taken to write this as we value all our feedback.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return in the future.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed at The Caesar in May 2012, and I had a delightful stay. I would definitely go back. I found the location to be very convenient to the Underground (3 lines or more are a short walk from the hotel). There is a lovely park across the street on one side and beautiful Bayswater mansions on the other. There are a number of larger hotels on the block too, but they fit in with neighborhood perfectly. The hotel staff was attentive. I couldn't get the lights in my room to work and someone had the issue fixed within 15 minutes. You put your room card in a slot and it turns on the power in your room. I appreciate hotels that make a concerted effort to be more efficient. Even on the warmest day, the AC cooled the room down in minutes once I popped my card into the power slot.

The room was perfectly modern. I loved the wood floors in the room (no stinky gross carpet). The bathroom was big for Europe. I was on the first floor above the lobby and the room was quiet and I never heard another guest unless they were right outside my door walking past. To summarize: Really liked The Caesar, it's location, staff, and my room.

I didn't try the restaurant (though it looks great - there is also a bar/café).

The staff answered every question I had about London attractions. Things I couldn't find on the Internet they found the answer to in a minute or two. And, I asked a lot of questions.

The BIG negative about the hotel was their wifi charges. It's almost a deal-breaker. No matter how much I love a hotel - and I did love my entire stay - I detest their greed when it comes to wifi charges. Tate Modern - free wifi for all. Most cafe's and restaurants where I spend 3-4 pounds on soda and a sandwich - free wifi. Hotel where I spent over US$500 over the course of my stay charged me 9 pounds 50p per day. I think it's just pure greed. Everyone needs wifi these days, especially in their hotel. It's not a luxury, it's a necessity. I would choose a hotel with no TV or radio/alarm clock CD player over a hotel that charges for wifi. My fault for not checking beforehand, but still greedy of the hotel.

My only other negatives were that the hallways were a little dark and because the hotel is made up of a few adjacent buildings the uneven floors in the hallway are a serious tripping hazard. I never fell down, but even after 3 days there I kept forgetting about "the bump." I was only one floor up, but I always took the lift because the stairs are a long maze of strange corridors to the lobby. Perfectly fine but confusing, and it seemed like a bit of a distance to walk down/up than to take the lift one floor up.

Room Tip: Try to get a park view room if you can. The park is quite lovely. And on a higher floor I imagine yo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Patrij B
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write your review, we do value your comments.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, as stated in many reviews we pride ourselves on our customer care and service and achieved the Visit Britain Silver award this year, one of only 8 other Hotels in London for our service standards.

I am sorry you feel aggrieved by the wifi charge of £7.95 per 24 hours. Many Hotels in London are charging much higher rates than this and we do offer a free hour every 24 hours for guests just wishing to check emails. We also offer free computer and printer usage in the lobby area. We have just invested heavily in upgrading our wifi coverage and speed offering the latest fibre optic technology. I do feel we offer an excellent service for a small charge or indeed free for low usage.

The corridors are somewhat uneven but this is the result of the Hotel been 8 houses many years ago. Due to the listed status of the building we are limited to what changes we can make, however they are completely safe and no-one has ever reported and accident. They are also due for refurbishment during June/July 2012.

Again, I thank you for your valued feedback and hope that we can welcome you back.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights, and we both left with mixed feelings. We stayed i 2 hotels on our trip, one at either end of London.
The outside of the hotel and the lobby are beautiful. The staff are friendly and helpful. I really liked the room decor.
However the elevator was very small, it was difficult to fit more then 3 people with luggage in it. The hallways are very narrow (not a huge deal, but a little annoying with large bags)
The room itself was incredibly tiny. We reserved a king sized bed, but were given two single beds. This was fixed by, I believe, by zipping the two beds together. It worked, but you could feel the seam and it was a little uncomfortable to sleep on.
There was no clock in the room at all which was rather frustrating (the wake up calls were reliable, however I still like knowing what time it is). I am a light sleeper, and at about 6am each day I could hear guests walking around in the room above us, and the walls are a little thin.
The washroom was lovely, however the tub stopper wouldnt lift and therefore we had to pry it up with a plastic spoon after having a bath to get the water to drain out.

This hotel minutes from Hyde Park which is lovely, as well as one of the stops on the Big Bus Tour which was great. Paddington station isnt far away either.

I dont think we would stay here again. To me it is the type of hotel you stay at for a couple of nights...I couldnt handle a whole week or more!
Dont get me wrong, it was not an awful experience, I just know that there is a hotel to better suit my preferences elsewhere in London

Room Tip: There are no alarm clocks in the room, I suggest bringing your own.
2  Thank Pixiie13
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay, we do value your feedback.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff and cleanliness were up to standard. We do have 3 lifts in the Hotel, one is a small lift, however the other 2 (currently one is been refurbished) are of standard size.

As with other reviews our rooms do vary in size and if space is of importance you should opt for a deluxe room offering more space and a small lounge area. The "zipping" of twins beds to become a king is normal Hotel practice and the beds are deisgned for this purpose.

I am sorry to hear that you would not stay again but as stated value your feedback.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

We recently stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. The staff were very helpful, attentive and nice. This hotel has a Spanish theme which gave it a cosmopolition feel. Our room was spacious which was great as we had a couple of heavy cases to unload and park. The decor of the room was minimal but was fine. The room was situated at basement level but that was fine as the location was very quiet and there were large bamboo canes outside which gace the place an interesting artistic feel. we has a meal on our first night in the hotel restaurant (Xo Restaurant). It was very nice and reasonable. The breakfast consists of good quality food which we thoroughly enjoyed. Not sure of the room rate as we paid for our stay by Avios points (reviously Airmiles) but we would certainly lioke to return there. The hotel is within walking distance to Paddington train station, Queensway shopping centre and Lancaster Gate tube station.

1  Thank lovesholidays888

Thank you for your review and I delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We pride ourselves on our staff and service and your comments will be passed onto the team.

We hope that we can welcome you again in the future.