Royal Eagle Hotel
$371
$309
Hilton
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $362/night.

$270
  • Pool
$215
$179
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

$277
$220
$164
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$129
$121
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$161
$1,064
$843
  • Pool
1,185 results
All reviewspaddington train stationlancaster gatebasement roomfull englishpubs
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights to visit all the highlights of London. The room was clean, but a little hot and not to big, and the beds were very good. After turning the heating almost off we had a good room tempature! We loved the tea- and coffee facilities and the hairdryer! My daughter loved the bath - after a long day walking through London a good way to relax. It was very pleasant that we could check in on arrival at noon - very friendly staff at the reception! Just a short walk from Paddington Station, so a perfect place to check out everything of London. For us the breakfast was good and also here very friendly staff.
The renovation didn't cause use any problems.

Room Tip: Bring your earplugs with you because of the passing traffic at night. Noisy problem will then be solved.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Staying in London or a few days in order to go to the theatre and visit museums can be prohibitively expensive so it is good to find a basic hotel which is clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. My wife and I have stayed in the Royal Eagle Hotel in Craven Road near Paddington Station a couple of times and were pleased to return. Our room, at £98 a night (room only), was a little on the small side and the view out of the window was a blank wall and air conditioning pipes. But we weren't visiting London to spend time in a hotel room. The bed was comfortable, the en suite facilities were adequate, and there were coffee and tea making facilities and a television so we could ask no more. The hotel staff are attentive and helpful without being intrusive. I can recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to visit London for a few days.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank John A
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We came for one night for our first anniversary. Really nice lobby and reception, decent rooms, although a little hot! We booked a twin by accident but the staff were more than happy to help and switched rooms for us. We ended up in a 5 bed mezzanine room with floor to ceiling windows which was lovely. Located near to paddington tube station was handy to get around for us as have not had much experience in London or the underground!

The only negative was it was noisy at night with the traffic passing and was too hot. But very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Booked this through Lastminute.com at short notice; it is a short walk from Paddington station, and it's clean, but it's all downhill from there. It was obvious as soon as I got to the floor my room was on that the Royal Eagle is undergoing renovation in a major way; the corridor reeked of paint fumes, and the smoke detector in my room is still covered with masking tape! I put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door so that I could get up at my leisure this morning without being disturbed by the cleaning staff, but I was disturbed by a furious hammering on my door anyway; I opened it to find a man in paint-splattered overalls saying that he had to turn the water off in my room, something he assured me would take two minutes but took ten times that because he hadn't brought the right tools with him. If a big renovation project is going on, inform your customers in advance so that they can decide whether or not to stay there anyway - but do NOT expect them to pay the standard rate for substandard service! Oh, and if you're away on business be careful; yes, there is wi fi available, but the Royal Eagle charges ten pounds a day for it, a fact that is not made clear on the hotel's website - which is fairly outrageous given that I have stayed in several London hotels that were cheaper than this one and did not charge for their wi fi.

This is a superbly located hotel, and if everything had worked properly I would have enjoyed my stay a great deal more; as it is, I have a headache from breathing paint fumes, and next time I come to London I'll be staying elsewhere. Oh, and despite the fact that my stay was pre-paid I was asked for my credit card number anyway "for security purposes" - so you can bet I'll be checking my card statements even more carefully than usual.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank blackdahlia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

have just come back from a weekend in London and we stayed at the royal Eagle Hotel, close to Paddington station so makes it easyto travel around. Rooms comfortable for what you pay for, though bathroom small in size. had two double beds which were two singles pushed together which made sleeping interesting.
The staff were very helpful ans assited in getting taxi's to the west end and made sure we got back okay.
Breakfast was okay enough for want we needed as a mother and tow young children

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family