“Great Value Great Staff”
Review of Whiteleaf Hotel

Whiteleaf Hotel
Ranked #1,004 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Great Value Great Staff”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here last week with my family and we had a lovely stay. Warm welcome from the front desk staff, quick check-in , clean room and it is a great value hotel. We were not expecting much after reading reviews on tripadvisor but hotel amaze us . We will definetly stay again in future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank shawn m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
dubai
Reviewed March 18, 2013

we( me and my husband) stayed in hotel last month
The hotel has reasonable price with breakfast
we found comfortable in hotel
the staff were friendly and helpful anytime of day and night
no inconvenience happend
would recommend for stay in hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank s0bia
Upholland, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Absolutely disgusting hotel. The rooms smelt of damp! There was damp patches all over the carpets. The radiator leaked all over my friends clothes. Never again would I stay again in that Hotel. The staff barely spoke English. The shower never worked. The T.V reception was awful. The pillows where dirty. Overall the room was worse then staying in a crack den. Never again would I stay here,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Luke F
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed 3 nights at this hotel. The room was always done but it was very small. It wasn't too far from the city centre but close to the subway station. The breakfast is poor. The staff is cool. Let the luggages for free in the hotel. Paid too much for what it is.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AliinaP
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We booked this for a last minute tourist trip to London we had planned to take just before Christmas. We got a very good price for such a good location however there were major compromises.

On arrival we checked in and everything went smoothly. The lobby is slightly outdated but it does the trick.

From reading other reviews we knew there wasn't going to be a lift so we were both praying to be on the first floor. Ended up with room 104 which we considered rather lucky at the time.

We had been awake since 530am and had spent that whole day walking around London doing all the usual sight seeing. All we wanted to do was get into bed, watch some TV and fall asleep.
HA! The remote control for the digi box either didn't work or it was supposed to be stuck on a news channel, definitely not something we wanted to watch after a long day. Went to then connect the Ipad up to the wifi and watch a film on their but the so called 'free' wifi doesn't actually exist. We were given a piece of paper with the name and password and yet after searching all evening found nothing. We were looking for Whiteleaf Hotel and instead found Whiteleaf Basement? which didn't work. Seems like your connected but doesn't actually load anything.

Ended up just falling asleep but not for long. There was constant slamming of doors once the other guests got back and a continued laughing and giggling and shouting. We might as well have slept in a hostel with all the noise that was being made. And there was no way the receptionist couldn't hear it. Turning a blind eye I presume. So every half hour we were abruptly woken by another slamming door and people running around.

At exactly 230am we were awoken by the fire alarm. Out of bed, about the get shoes on to go outside and it stops. Presuming the building wasn't about to burn down we went back to bed. Unfortunately the noisy guests had now been woken up and repeated the noisy slamming of doors.

By about 6 the noise from upstairs stopped but the racket coming from outside with the dustbin lorries, cars and people still made it hard to sleep.

Credit where credit is due, the beds were very well made with lovely clean white sheets and red runners and cushions. Can be seen in some of the pictures on their website. And were very comfortable for a budget hotel.

The bathroom was clean, except the shower curtain which smelt of mould and desperately needed changing.

The breakfast wasn't anything special. Stale bread and croissants with jam and butter. Tea, coffee and juice. Luckily we were so tired that neither of us cared.

I wouldn't choose this hotel again if I was to go back to London. And I would advice people to check Lastminute.com or similar website before booking. We saw that some poor bloke had paid nearly £500 to stay there for a week. Definitely not worth that in a million years.

Room Tip: Check around for cheaper rates.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emhass
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We knew that there was no elevator from other reviews. The steps were really steep and many up to the third floor were our room was. We asked for a room lower down and we got room 102. It faces the back garden,its quiet, more spacious than our room 304 and a bigger bathroom. breakfast consists of bread , butter , jam, sliced yellow cheese and cornflaces,tea ,coffee and milk and orange juice. The entire staff was helpful and friendly. Its only 2 minute walk from bayswater station and its a safe area.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the first floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Eleftheria S
New York
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed there for two nights in the middle of this month.
at first my booking got messed up but that might be between the hotel and Expedia and I might not blame them for it.
i Anded up getting the smallest hotel room I ever seen in my life for the first night and slept on the worst bed i ever bed on in my life, I honestly could not believe how bad it was.
the second night the room I got was slightly larger, the bed was as bad, both room were dirty, full of "left over" from the people who stayed there before me...
I was at the last leg of long and very expensive vacation and all I wanted is a simple reasonably priced accommodation.
I can honestly say that was the worst hotel experience I ever had.

Stay away from this place at all cost ...

Room Tip: Room at another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo