“Not so so bad.”
Review of Whiteleaf Hotel

Whiteleaf Hotel
Ranked #1,008 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed 3 nights at this hotel. The room was always done but it was very small. It wasn't too far from the city centre but close to the subway station. The breakfast is poor. The staff is cool. Let the luggages for free in the hotel. Paid too much for what it is.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AliinaP

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We booked this for a last minute tourist trip to London we had planned to take just before Christmas. We got a very good price for such a good location however there were major compromises.

On arrival we checked in and everything went smoothly. The lobby is slightly outdated but it does the trick.

From reading other reviews we knew there wasn't going to be a lift so we were both praying to be on the first floor. Ended up with room 104 which we considered rather lucky at the time.

We had been awake since 530am and had spent that whole day walking around London doing all the usual sight seeing. All we wanted to do was get into bed, watch some TV and fall asleep.
HA! The remote control for the digi box either didn't work or it was supposed to be stuck on a news channel, definitely not something we wanted to watch after a long day. Went to then connect the Ipad up to the wifi and watch a film on their but the so called 'free' wifi doesn't actually exist. We were given a piece of paper with the name and password and yet after searching all evening found nothing. We were looking for Whiteleaf Hotel and instead found Whiteleaf Basement? which didn't work. Seems like your connected but doesn't actually load anything.

Ended up just falling asleep but not for long. There was constant slamming of doors once the other guests got back and a continued laughing and giggling and shouting. We might as well have slept in a hostel with all the noise that was being made. And there was no way the receptionist couldn't hear it. Turning a blind eye I presume. So every half hour we were abruptly woken by another slamming door and people running around.

At exactly 230am we were awoken by the fire alarm. Out of bed, about the get shoes on to go outside and it stops. Presuming the building wasn't about to burn down we went back to bed. Unfortunately the noisy guests had now been woken up and repeated the noisy slamming of doors.

By about 6 the noise from upstairs stopped but the racket coming from outside with the dustbin lorries, cars and people still made it hard to sleep.

Credit where credit is due, the beds were very well made with lovely clean white sheets and red runners and cushions. Can be seen in some of the pictures on their website. And were very comfortable for a budget hotel.

The bathroom was clean, except the shower curtain which smelt of mould and desperately needed changing.

The breakfast wasn't anything special. Stale bread and croissants with jam and butter. Tea, coffee and juice. Luckily we were so tired that neither of us cared.

I wouldn't choose this hotel again if I was to go back to London. And I would advice people to check Lastminute.com or similar website before booking. We saw that some poor bloke had paid nearly £500 to stay there for a week. Definitely not worth that in a million years.

Room Tip: Check around for cheaper rates.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emhass
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We knew that there was no elevator from other reviews. The steps were really steep and many up to the third floor were our room was. We asked for a room lower down and we got room 102. It faces the back garden,its quiet, more spacious than our room 304 and a bigger bathroom. breakfast consists of bread , butter , jam, sliced yellow cheese and cornflaces,tea ,coffee and milk and orange juice. The entire staff was helpful and friendly. Its only 2 minute walk from bayswater station and its a safe area.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the first floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Eleftheria S
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed there for two nights in the middle of this month.
at first my booking got messed up but that might be between the hotel and Expedia and I might not blame them for it.
i Anded up getting the smallest hotel room I ever seen in my life for the first night and slept on the worst bed i ever bed on in my life, I honestly could not believe how bad it was.
the second night the room I got was slightly larger, the bed was as bad, both room were dirty, full of "left over" from the people who stayed there before me...
I was at the last leg of long and very expensive vacation and all I wanted is a simple reasonably priced accommodation.
I can honestly say that was the worst hotel experience I ever had.

Stay away from this place at all cost ...

Room Tip: Room at another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank galkotzer
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I really didn't intend to write a bad review as the staff were so friendly and helpful in this hotel, but when I arrived back from work at 10pm and my room hadn't been serviced and there were no staff left to then clean the room, I had to share my thoughts. If you can get this hotel for a really cheap price you probably won't mind so much, but I paid £114/night as they only had a triple left. Positives first - very friendly staff, good central location and very clean communal areas. Breakfast was basic but fresh and very clean dining room. Clean bathroom and beds (also very comfortable).
Don't think they hoover carpets more than once a month, as stairs (no lift) very dirty and didn't take my shoes off while walking around bedroom as so dirty. No doors on cupboards or drawers in set of drawers. Craked tiles in bathroom, mould around shower, dirty skirting boards - pictures speak for themselves. Room very hot, no aircon (and wasn't a hot day). Don't stay here if you want to stay in this area and if prices are right for you stay at the Paddington Hilton or Novotel (I only didn't as prices were so high at this time). Will not be returning...ever!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Abi S
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I really don't know why this hotel has so bad reviews.
In my opinion you get a lot compared with what you pay.
The rooms are fine, maybe not a 4star of course but they have everything: bed, wardrobe, mirror, telephone, tv, kettle and a bathroom with shower.
Breakfast is also included end it isn't bad at all.
Beside this I must spend a word on the receptionist Rakesh; he has been very helpful! He gave us some piece of advise on what to visit, where to eat and how to get to the places we wanted to visit.

We really enjoyed it and if you are looking for a cheap accommodation I believe this is the best.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lorenzo B
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Arrived on olympics closing ceremony day. Tripple bed room was reserved in advance but we arrived and they made up some bull s**t excuse that the room wasn't availiable for an unexplained reason and they tried to move us to another hotel and offer to pay for taxis (thinking they were trying to get extra money and sell the room again). We weren't having any of it and got a double room and another single room in this hotel. The double room wasn't great as we were 3 guys. The rooms were roasting, found a cockroach in one when we woke up. The single room didnt have a toilet or shower nor did they tell us where a comunal one was. Whole hotel felt outdated and tatty.
On the upside it was good value for the location and time and the rooms were clean.
Only thing preventing us from complaining and finding somewhere else was the price which came to about £25 each.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends