“Familly 4”

Ranked #1,005 of 1,068 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Familly 4”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Our family went for a 10 days holliday in October. At Whiteleaf hotel we were met by a staff that were very helpfull. Very serviceminded and always there for us. The familyroom was spaceious with nice beds and bathroom with both shower and tub. The rates are very good compared to other hotels in the area.
In the evening they serve a lovely Indian buffet. The hotel is one-minute walk form the tube and five-minute walk from busstop towards Piccadilly Circus, with many stops at Oxford street. Perfect location for a walk in Hyde Park and Queensway.
So thank you to Malik and the rest of the staff for a nice plasant stay! We will recommend this hotel to family and friends:-)

Room Tip: Room 307 good spaceious room for 4
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
16 Thank Ada S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Vennesla, Vest-Agder, Norway
Reviewed October 11, 2011

The receptionist gave us an apartment a few blocks from the hotel instead of the four-bed room we had booked. The hotel was full and the condition was that we wrote a revju from the stay. So here it comes.
We got a good impression of the receptionist. He promised us a lovely, large apartment instead of the 4 bed room we had booked, and of course for the price of the room. He ordered the taxi that drove us up to the apartment that was on the corner of Bishop's Bridge Road and Westbourne terrace.
It was a beautiful building and the apartment was great, but the apartment was really overdue. Furniture that was about to fall apart. The white / gray wall to wall carpet that was laid in all rooms except the kitchen and the bathroom was really dirty and did not invited to take off the shoes. in several areas had the painting crackled was about too fall off. The kitchen was dirty, it needed a proper washdown. It was among other things, full of frying fat on the walls around the stove and microwave oven. The bathroom showed signs of filling and cracked tiles.
With proper brushing up they could easily rented out to a much higher price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank Willi I
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2011

My husband and I made our bookings well in advance for our trip to london and were allocated a great room. We loved it..The room was a good size and very good en-suite facilities, spotlessly clean. The shower was good and a decent size. A very good, wide ranging buffet service is available. I personally loved the Indian Chicken biryani. Staff were extremely helpful, multi-lingual. Manager was very nice as he helped us a lot by giving us information about london and where to go sightseeing. My husband had meetings here hence i had to travel alone. The booklets provided to me by the manager were extremely helpful. The service in this hotel is excellent. Reception staff couldn't have been more helpful. Maps are provided and seemingly all queries however obscure tackled.The hotel is in a great location not far from bayswater station (central london) but in a quiet street with a small range of shops, bars and restaurants. Has the feel that it is becoming quite a trendy area. Very close to bus routes and metro stations only a few blocks away.
We would thoroughly recommend this hotel - and would love to go back.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
15 Thank SYEDA S
Beijing, China
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I stayed in room 101 for 3 nights.
Hotel location was very good. Bayswater tube station is just around the corner, so is Hyde Park.
There was no issue with booking (I booked via booking.com). A small surprise was that when I arrived, I was told if I pay by credit card I will be charged 5% extra. This is rare for hotel in my opinion.
Staff were nice. Malik the GM was very helpful.
Room was okay. It's small but it is in London, next to Hyde Park, close to the tube. So I would say price was reasonable. The building is old, so of course there is noise, but not much. My room was clean. Some small problems: one light didn't work all the time. TV channels are close to zero, with really bad signal, and malfunctioned remote control. In my opinion it should not be counted as "TV available". The blanket was a bit too thin for the weather.
Wi-fi was good. However it got a bit slow in the evening, when everyone is back.
In general, it met my expectation.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
10 Thank Romichen
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2011

If you just need a place to stay for the night, this place will be just adequate. It has the basic stuff you would need for the night and it is very close to the underground station and plenty of restaurant and convenient stores. Besides, I would also like to say that the service and help is excellent, especially from the hotel manager A.Malik. He has helped us alot during our stay and is very polite.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
11 Thank Ariel3838
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2011

have the basics stuffs if your needs are to have good place to sleep in London .doesnt have luxeries but it works if your objective its enjoy the city of London .in my stay the manager A.Malik always helped me with all the things that i need . the rooms are small but the hotel is not expensive so it worth it

Room Tip: the secon floor its really good
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank milagros g
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2011

It's disgusting, rat ridden, things are falling apart, it's rotting and to be honest I'm quite surprised its been allowed to stay open due to health and safety and general hygiene. I'm sure if a hotel inspector was called to any one of the rooms or even areas of the hotel (judging from the rest of the reviews) it would be closed immediately. I felt like Harry Potter living at his Aunt and Uncle's house in the cupboard under the stairs!!! Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for a valentine's weekend in London but the rooms were so terribly laid out, that and the fact I was terrified a small rodent would creep out over me we ended up hobbling around everywhere as if we were in a three legged race. The bathroom looks like its had lime scale being built up since toilets were first invented and I could have sworn it was the same one cleaner, cleaning every single room, cooking and waitressing! The poor woman. Avoid at all costs. To be honest I'd rather have stayed in a tent and sleeping bag in the middle of the street somewhere, at least I'd know what was lurking around and have more room!!! I tried to take photo's to show how disgusting it was but was told off for doing so! :/ Clearly that should prove they have something to hide and are more than aware of the state of it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple