1,552 results
All reviewscromwell roadearl's courtquiet streetcontinental breakfastminute walkdeluxe roomthe natural history museumalbert hallthe air conditioningtube stationlovely hotelnice toiletriespiccadilly linelondon hotelhigh streetlarge bathroombooked this hotel
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a couple nights. Nice front of hotel room location on 2nd floor. Very quiet and good location for Kensington high street. We didn’t have breakfast as was put off by other reviews but plenty of nice cafes a few mins walk away. Air con didn’t work on first night but must have been an issue as reception was very hot too. Used the gym and whilst not amazing its ok to get a decent travel workout in. Friendly and helpful staff and straightforward check in and check with bag storage.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Alessandro D, Front Office Manager at The Park City Grand Plaza Kensington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Dear Relmes. Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

I tried this hotel for the first time but know this area and the hotels here quite well. The room was clean and comfortable. The reception staff were helpful. The AC seemed to work fine despite the heatwave. There is good cable TV. The shower is powerful. The hotel is on a quiet side street near to the big Sainsbury Supermarket which opens at 6 am most mornings and has a Starbucks inside so that was my breakfast. Breakfast was not included and based on what I saw when I went down to investigate I will stick to Starbucks. Close to two tube stops.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo

Dear 7531. Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay is just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a concert on Hyde Park. Bad choice of location as Kensington is far too far away from Hyde Park. Nice hotel, our deluxe double was lovely. Clean room, firm comfortable bed and pillows, great bathroom and shower with complimentary toiletries. Deluxe room had a fridge with water, Sky, CD player, air conditioning (although not that good). Enjoyed the restaurant in the afternoon, the Malaysian Lamb curry was unbelievably good and so was the wine.
Now for the bad bit..... breakfast. It was the complete opposite to dinner. Nobody to greet us, we had no idea where to sit, if we should sit....the staff were a bit vacant too, told us we could sit where somebody else had already been seated! Staff looked stressed, and seemed very unprofessional. The continental breakfast was out but no sign of what we'd have to do if we wanted a cooked breakfast (we had pre-paid). My Husband had a wonder and eventually had to ask if we could get served. She said if we wanted hot food, it would cost £3 extra each! She was in the middle of taking our order, then wondered off to get involved in somebody else's query......left us amazed. Well, I am not sure we should've persevered. We have NEVER experienced a breakfast like it. I wish I'd taken a photo. I had fried egg, the hardest yoke you've ever seen, like it was overcooked yesterday and the white was a crispy burned mess. The mushrooms were tiny fried to a shrivelled pea size thing. But the most shocking was something I've never seen before. It wasn't bacon but it was made to look like bacon with the lines of cover. It was like soft luncheon meat consistency with a taste between billy bear sausage and hot dog sausage. I'd love to know what it was, it was hilarious really but annoying because I couldn't eat it. With a price Inc breakfast of £179, I'm not sure it's worth it. The breakfast really let it down so terribly. I nearly gave 3 stars but then remembered what a cozy bed it was. A hotel to consider but buy your breakfast elsewhere!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that overall your room experience was positive. I am disappointed to hear that our breakfast didn't meet your expectations. This critical feedback will be used in training our staff. Thank you and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

We really enjoyed our stay here. I had mentioned on my booking request that it was our twenty year anniversary - this was not alluded to when we arrived. However, the friendly gentleman an reception did extract this information from us and subsequently congratulate. The use of the free mobile (inc. data) in the room was an inspirational touch - what a great idea. Also, independent Sky + in the room - never seen that before! So useful to watch Wimbledon when we returned from dinner, as we were attending the next day! We only had breakfast which was outstanding, service and food alike. Well done guys. You're doing a great job!

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank LeePrice1970

Dear LeePrice1970. Happy 20th anniversary to you and your wife!! I am so delighted that you chose to celebrate such a special occasion with us. We hope to have you back in the near future and take part in more of your life's celebrations and milestones.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

I have stayed in this hotel on July 10-15, 2018 (in fact, I am still staying here until tomorrow). First, they gave us a room on the ground floor under the stairs. The room was very cold since it had a broken window, which was wide open and did not close. The next day they moved us to another room, which was tiny and super inconveniently designed. There is practically no place to seat as the distance between the bed and the desk is really small. The breakfast is very bad and the service in the restaurant is below my imagination (we had to wait for the toast for 25 minutes, and this is after we said that we were really in a hurry). When we complained to the reception staff, they simply loughed at us and suggested to move out of the hotel if we are unhappy.

All of this we got for a price of 226 USD (!) a night.

My advise: Stay away of this place.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
4  Thank Alexander K

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all. Furthermore, I will personally supervise that all your other complaints are
addressed that everything will be in order on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back then.