“A gem”

Ranked #532 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Grampian, Pennsylvania
“A gem”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The rooms are small but very clean..staff is exceptional. They are very helpful to all your needs. Locatin is great..close to underground,bus,..nice area and quiet and safe go right around the corner to the black lion restaurant..once again the staff is exceptional

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Doshaffe
CapricornHotels, Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review on The Byron, and happy that you have chosen our hotel again for your stay in London.

I am thrilled to read your kind words, and very proud of my team and I will share your feedback with them.
We are very happy that you have enjoyed our excellent customer service and convenient location.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Warm regards,
Carmen Gomez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Hungarian first
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed for 5nights in September wuth my partner to attend sports event in hyde park! Walking distance to two subway stations, bus stop at end of the street which has regular buses to and from city centre and other areas. Hyde park entrance at end of the street also. Local shops and restaurants are two streets away short walk which has everything you would need! Rooms are compact but good value for money! Free wifi on request! Breakfast was passable, small selection of 2cereals, bread/rolls, tinned fruit and yoghurt, fruit juice tea/coffee! Staff very helpful although breakfast time can be busy! Would recommend to others and would return to hotel if in London!

• Stayed September 2013
CapricornHotels, Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your positive review of The Byron Hotel.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, our convenient location and excellent customer service, free wi-fi, and free continental breakfast - this is what we offer for all our guest, just to have something to start the day with, as it's very important. Certainly, we also have the English breakfast available for a small surcharge with hot food.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Manager
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights at the Byron Hotel. It is located on a quiet street near the tube, bus stops, and restaurants. Shopping is near by.
The rooms are small but clean. The bed was comfortable. There was plenty of hot water in the shower. We ate the continental breakfast which was included in those room price.
We found the front desk staff extremely helpful and knowledgeable and funny!. We had to leave early one morning and they saw to it that breakfast was available to us before the dining room was open. I would highly recommend the Byron as an affordable, no frills hotel accessible to many
of London's best locations.

Room Tip: On a quiet street. Rooms small but adequate. Bed comfortable. Plenty of hot water in bathroom!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelerdk54
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review of The Byron Hotel.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, our convenient location and highly rated customer service.
I am also very glad that you noted the small but important details: comfortable beds, nice breakfast and indeed our ideal location.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Manager
Livermore, California
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel at the recommendation of my travel agent. I normally book my accommodations but my trip was becoming overwhelming and I needed assistance. My travel agent made the booking for me based in my budget and the location I was interested in staying.

Upon arrival I was not happy with my room. It was facing the street and was a little noisier for guests that like to sleep with the window open for fresh air. The room itself needed attention. The hair dryer was not working properly, there was a large crack in the window, the window itself didn't close completely, the heated towel rack was not working and had exposed wires, the carpet smelled musty like it needed cleaning and the bathroom shower door felt like it was going to slide off at any moment.

I contacted my travel agent who went through the agency that secured the reservation because I was looking for a refund to stay at another place. The agency suggested I give them another try and change rooms. We elected to change rooms and boy, what a difference. The new room was facing a courtyard area and was much quieter. The room itself looked like it had recently been remodeled and everything was working properly. The staff moved our luggage for us and was very kind after the transition. They checked in with us after the relocation to make sure we were satisfied. In the end, the new room was an acceptable accommodation and was very pleasant to stay in. They offered a free coffee machine in the lobby as well a a continental breakfast that was included in the room price. I did not eat the breakfast as we ate out in the morning.

If it was not for the kindness of the night staff that checked in with us at the end of everyday to see what we did and if they would help with reservations or information, I may have a negative opinion of the hotel. However, customer service made the difference here and changed the end result to a positive one.

• Stayed August 2013
CapricornHotels, Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the helpful review following your recent stay at the Byron Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our central location and highly rated customer service. We are more than happy, that you were overall satisfied.
Let me also take the opportunity to tell, that we are currently refurbishing the rooms, and we can do it only one by one, not to effect existing reservations. As you have noticed, we really do have wonderful refurbished rooms, so we keep continue with the work.

Ballymena, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The staff in this hotel were extremely helpful, every request for advice or help was met with a smile and a vey helpful response. The location is excellent within short walking distances from both Queensway and Bayswater Underground, and close to bus stops, giving easy access to Central London, Victoria rail and coach station and to Notting Hill Gate for Portobello Saturday market; and also a short walk from Kensington gardens. Queensway road, about 5 minutes walk, has a wide variety of cafes and restaurants, Room 24 room was clean and comfortable but a little bit
cramped. The included breakfast was good and plentiful, and the waitresses were extremely pleasant. My only complaint would be that the only fruit provided was of the tinned variety. We would certainly stay here again and would recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Not sure how you avoid noisy pigeons at dawn?
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Terry,

Thank you for the delightful review following your recent stay at the Byron Hotel.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our central location and highly rated customer service. I will pass your kind words on my team, it's always very nice to receive such a great feedback.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed August 30, 2013

the hotel is perfectly situated for going to the carnival. The single room is small, but well equipped.The English breakfast is nice, you can choose from different versions. The stafft ist very friendly. Everything for having a nice stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
CapricornHotels, Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guido,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our central location and highly rated customer service. We are more than happy, that you were also satisfied with your stay.

padova, italy
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The room was clean and with everything you need, but very small. Moreover, it was a little bit noisy during the night because we can hear the other guests through the ceiling.
The neighbourhood is quite and close to many restaurants. You can reach underground stations and bus stops in a few minutes walk.

Room Tip: Ask for room not at mezzanine floor. It is close to the breakfast room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our central location, indeed, very accessible and close to the main sights of the city.
Our hotel is converted building, therefore, the sizes and shapes of the rooms vary. We certainly have bigger rooms as well, but in London, the rooms have generally not the average U.S. size.

I hope to welcome you back at the Byron Hotel again.