“What a find!”
Review of The Byron Hotel

The Byron Hotel
Ranked #534 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Myself and two girlfriends spent a night here just before Christmas. The reception staff was exceptionally helpful, allowing us to leave our luggage long before and after check-in times. The room was small but clean,warm and had all the necessary bits and pieces. Plenty of hot water and fresh towels.Breakfast was fine. We had continental style which was more than enough although it would be a nice touch if the croissants were warmed in the oven not in the microwave. There was a very good selection of up to date leaflets in the entrance hall. With just a few minutes walk from the tube station and the royal parks very close by, I would definitely stay at the Bryon Hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear valued guest,

We thank you very much for your positive review on The Byron, and are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are further pleased to note that our location and good value for money once again combined well to make your stay with us an enjoyable experience. We offer a comprehensive breakfast comprising of a choice of continental breakfast as well as a cooked traditional English breakfast (bacon, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans and eggs).

We now look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My sister and I visited London in August 2009. We chose the Byron based on the Trip Advisor reviews and the W2 location. I was very happy with my choice! The hotel is very quaint, and blends in with the historic feel of the neighborhood. The room was small (especially by US standards), but clean (I'm a germaphobe...so this was important), cozy and well appointed. The bathroom was also small, but very clean with nice, modern fixtures. The tub was deep...which meant the tub walls were way too high! I'm 5'7" tall, and almost fell twice while trying to step out of the shower. After I got used to the necessity to high step in and out, I was fine. We had front facing room and could see the cute quiet neighborhood from our window. There were few (if any) amenities, so if that is important to you...you may not appreciate this hotel. We were never in our rooms (except for sleeping and getting dressed) so that was not high on our list of priorities. The beds were comfortable, and there was a safe in the tiny closet for our valuables.

The staff was AWESOME! Very friendly and attentive, without being overbearing. They were protective of us, as if we were little sisters. We met a guy while in London, who tried to gain access to our room. The staff member came up to check if that was okay (which it was NOT), and laughed at our response. He made the guy wait for us in the Lobby, and kept an eye on him until we came down! LOL! Another guy on the street stopped to ask us a question as we were leaving to explore the city one day, and the staff stood watch, as if to ensure his intentions! We felt very safe there!

THE LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION can't be beat! The Hotel is located steps from Kensington Gardens and Kensington Palace. Follow the (2 mile) walking path through the scenic Park, and you will find other attractions, such as Buckingham Palace on the other side. Other attractions such as Notting Hill, Portobello Market, and Hyde Park, museums were within walking distance also. Not a short walk per say (within 1 mile)...but definitely walkable, unless you're elderly or perhaps have a physical disability that makes walking difficult. We were a couple of blocks from the Queensway Tube (which took us everywhere we wanted to go). So, the first thing you should do in London is buy an extended day tube pass!!!!! The hotel was also within walking distance to restaurants. (We had breakfast at the Waffle House every morning. No...it's not the same as the diner version in the USA. It was clean, and very good. The staff was great there too! They modified my order to create an American breakfast. I LOVE international food...but I have to have my American breakfast!

ALL this is to say...I recommend the Bayswater area, and a hotel stay at the Byron!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a nice review about the Byron Hotel following your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and even more so to know that my team took such good care of you and your sister. Once again our great location and great customer service has combined well to make your stay with us an enjoyable experience.

Thanks for recommending us and we now look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Just had two nights at the Byron. Location superb. Staff very helpful and friendly. Room very small . The bathroom had an awfull smell and when looking at the the skylight above the shower it was very mouldy and smelling awfull. It was a very sickly smell that realy could do with treating ..the windows could do with cleaning and the mouldy sills washing. Breakfast was not the best .... cheap tinned fruit. yoghurts .rolls . Ham or was it luncheon meat.salami and cheese coffee and tea fresh juices. .toast if required and full English at a cost of £7.95.I don't think I would stay there again maybe our room up in the attic was not the best as other reviews don't seem to have noticed mould smelling rooms. Avoid room number 40 on the 5 th floor..

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank millbil
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Byron Hotel.

I am pleased to note from you review that you enjoyed our central location and our great staff. I am surprised to read that you didn’t enjoy our full English breakfast which is so popular with most of our client and as you have noticed from most of the reviews that our hotels is rated very high for it’s cleanliness so it actually comes as a surprise about the the issues which you raised about room 40, rest assured this is looked into.

I am sad to read that you won’t be coming back to stay with us but I’m sure it’s not due to any miscommunication on our part.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a very good stay at the Byron Hotel : everything and everywhere was very clean. Friendly staff. Good room and bathroom.
We were very satisfied. We could have a real english breakfast and the coffee was excellent.
We recomment this Hotel for people who wants to visit London. Its an area very quite and so we could rest after the busy town.
We come again if we can. Thank you for every thing.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting a review about the Byron Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and found the entire hotel to be very clean. I am even more pleased that you enjoyed out traditional English breakfast.

Once again our great location, highly rated customer service and good rooms has combined well to offer you a great experience at the Byron Hotel.

Now we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our choice for Hotel Byron was perfect for us. My step-daughter and I had a total of 13 nights to spend in London for sightseeing. The location was amazing! The hotel is very close to Kensington-/Hyde Park, only a few minutes away from 2 major tube stations and even closer to bus station, with lines that bring you to every location you wish to visit. Also close by are internet facilities, ticket brokers, money changers and great restaurants including the "Black Lion Pub" which already has the Trip Advisor Recommended Sticker (well deserved).
Despite all that, the location is quiet and safe. The Hotel already looks welcoming from outside and doesn't disappoint when you enter. A lovely little reception with lots of brochures, a coffee-/tea maker and water dispenser invites to wait and chat a bit with the friendly manager or receptionist.
The room was small but just as welcoming, with everything we needed. Practical, with charm. From the coffee/tea making facility stored in the dressing table, to the flat screen TV on the wall, shower gel and shampoo, lovely bath/toilet, small and big towels, to the safe in the wardrobe and the trouser pressing machine. The beds are so comfortable - we miss them now.
The floors creak but hey - it's Victorian! We took it with humour and pride.
For breakfast you need to sign in your preferred time at the reception. - No problem for us. The restaurant serves a good range of small breads, juices, cereals, jams, honey, peanut butter, salami, jam and cheese slices, canned fruits and yoghurts. Additionally you can chose between white or brown toast and coffee or tea. If you'd like an egg or a traditional English Breakfast, you need to pay extra though. So we just went out once to saviour it in one of the great locations close by. The staff and service is quick, efficient and charming! The waitresses are also your room maids, which gave us a specially warm and well cared for feeling, that no grand hotel can provide.
1 hour WI-FI per day is free. As I love to be independent, I preferred to buy a "dongle" plus 1 GB net time, which was much cheaper in the long run than pay for additional WI-FI time at the hotel. All depends on how often and during what hours you'd love to be online.
All in all we were very happy there and would recommend it whole heartedly to our friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I was absolutely thrilled to read your detailed feedback following your stay with us. I was delighted that you and your step-daughter enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for recommending us to your friends.
I have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team. Please do come back to stay with us again in the near future and season’s greetings to you.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Excellent central location- ideal for visiting the sites. Really handy for the tube. Friendly staff. Great breakfast. Room ok although windows in bathroom mouldy and in need of a clean. We paid £170 for a double room with breakfast - other options in London with better VFM

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Byron Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our central Location which is convenient when visiting London and most of all you were able to enjoy our cooked English breakfast which is so popular with our guests. I’ve also taken note of your comments regarding bathroom windows and please rest assured that this is being followed up.

I’d like to inform you that we keep running offers on our website www.capricornhotels.co.uk were you can get the best available rates for the Byron hotel and as a valued guest I hope to welcome you back soon and make sure you get the best VFM.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The room is excellent: very clean, nice bathroom, roomy shower and a comfortable bed. The room is very small with a tiny TV awkwardly mounted on the wall (but who is going to london to watch TV?). The breakfast was just ok, and you had to schedule a time with the front desk (this was very odd as the breakfast room was never crowded). The location is not ideal for tourists, but ideal for anyone who is a runner; it is very close to the park. You are just a few blocks from a tube stop. Also, you can walk to Paddington station for the Heathrow express if you pack lightly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review about the Byron Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our location which is so close to Hyde Park and all the major shopping districts of London. The two metro stations near the hotel connect you to upto 123 different locations in London and Paddington station is a short walk were you can catch the Heathrow express.
I am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back at the Byron Hotel in the near future.