“k West spa stay”

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #284 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for her birthday we booked a spa stay and were really pleased with this stay.
we checked in and our room was not yet ready so were directed over to the bar opposite reception for a complimentary drink while we waited in my opinion a very good way of dealing with the issue .
we went to our room which was larger than i expected with large bed and bathroom very clean an very comfortable with a ,modern decor.
the spa was fantastic including foot baths , a steam room, sauna, samarium,snow room, (real snow really good fun) hydrotherapy pool and sun meadow which is £15 for 20 mins i think ,for production of vitamin d12 cool experience .

we had a massage and body exfoliation which was lovely great therapists .

breakfast was very good with a large menu and included in our price

if i had any negatives about the k west they would be situated strangely on a Sheperds bush estate all be it 1 minute from Westfeild seemed like an age away from the contemporary shopping centre.

an odd layout restaurant and spa on same floor as rooms and not really separated enough.

bar furniture was tatty and as on the ground floor next to the reception doesn't give the best first impression .

2 JD and cokes are about £14 which i wouldn't mind paying in a nice bar in London but this isn't that its a bar at the reception with a travel lodge style bar rather than somewhere like carriage 34 or hyde & co .

overall a great experience and well worth the money would return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hi remymartinLondon,

Thank you for the AWESOME 4 STARS! So glad you enjoyed your complimentary drinks, found our huge rooms really clean and had fun in our K Spa’s Snow Paradise (the only one in London by the way). Our residential location takes us away from the road noise but just a couple of min’s from all the delights of Westfield. Just to let you know, we have some exciting new changes in the works for our K Lounge, so watch this space! I am glad you found us worth the money and we look forward to your return!

gm@k-west.co.uk

Write a ReviewReviews (3,161)

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This review is actually coming a little late as my boyfriend & I Stayed in the K West In 22-23rd December 2013, but it was so perfect that I wanted to make time for a review. This was our second stay at the hotel and It was Just as lovely as before.
We arrived at the hotel at 10am, wanting to drop our bags off in the lobby, as check in wasnt until 2pm but we didnt want to drag our bags round London with us for the day - but we were pleasantly surprised to find that our room was already ready for us so we were checked in right away!
We went to our room and it was absolutely spotless, and massive! We payed £99 for the night including breakfast (booked through secret escapes) - and for the price i was so happy - I would have happily paid double this for how lovely it is!
We had a lovely TV, a huuuge bed, a seating area and the bathroom was wonderful - very clean and modern with some sweet little amenities! There was an ice machine just down the corridor for all guests to use so we could have some chilled drinks in our room.
There was water in the rooms fridge but you do have to pay for these.
We also used the Hotels spa again and it was just as lovely as we remembered. Some people complain that you have to pay to use it, but the facilities are so professional, well maintained & calming and the whole area is constantly cleaned so it is definitely worth it. I also like the fact that it is never crowded, so we were happy to pay £20 each.
We slept very soundly in the room - no interruptions or loud noises through the night and plenty of time to sort yourself out in the morning as check out isnt until 10am.
We were booked for breakfast in the morning but werent sure what to expect as we didnt have it last time we stayed. We were absolutely stunned when we visited the 'Kanteen' it was spotless with a very welcoming atmosphere and extensive choice of food. We were seated by a very bubbly, friendly gentleman (didnt catch his name, sorry!) who spoke to us and was genuinely interested in the conversation.
We were able to choose any drink and breakfast from the menu and the quality was just out of this world. I had pancakes with syrup and my boyfriend chose a full breakfast - both were visually appealing as well as being cooked to perfection. Once we had finished we were also told, to our delight, that we could help ourselves to the continental buffet downstairs which offered fresh fruits (including watermelon - my favourite), pastries, cereals and juices! How lovely!
We checked out with ease, thanks to the friendly staff and were happy that we were able to leave our bags in the lobby while we enjoyed our day in London and collect them later on.
The hotel is only a short walk to the underground making all the big London sights easily accessible but being able to sleep without all the noise of central London! You can even walk to Westfield shopping centre in just 7 minutes - much to my delight (K west even provide you with a discount card for this shopping centre!)!
Overall, another fabulous stay at the K west & Thanks to the staff for making it all the more welcoming and memorable! We cant wait to book again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Hi Emma H!

Wow! What an awesomely detailed PERFECT SCORE REVIEW! And a second one at that! We are definitely doing something right to keep you coming back! Huuuuge fluffy beds to sink into and a Welcoming Kanteen Restaurant! Yep! I would definitely class it a fabulous stay! Thank you for mentioning our bubbly waiter, we do have a few of them around! It was good to read your comments regarding our policy of charging for the Wet Spa, which enables Spa enthusiasts to enjoy the journey through steam, snow and water bubbles in an uncrowded and serene atmosphere. So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and can’t wait till you book again!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the K West hotel for my 31st birthday. We arrived at around 19:30 and we were greeted by Brooke, a very friendly and helpful member of the Reception team. She informed us of the complimentary late check out (1pm) and upgraded us to an Executive Room which was a pleasant start to our stay!

The room was a great size and incredibly quiet. The bed was huge and provided a fantastic night's sleep, it was faultless. The only slight downside to the room was the bathroom door! Although I am sure it would not bother most people, the door is glass and you can see through most of it, to the person inside, which I felt was a slight invasion of privacy. I wouldn't however, say this impacted on the quality of the room.

We enjoyed an evening meal in the restaurant. The service was speedy and efficient. We did order some white wine which had a strange taste - it was agreed by staff that it had gone sour and was immediately replaced. The service in this situation was great but it was a shame that we had to send it back.

Our night's sleep was fantastic, as mentioned, and the following morning we had breakfast in the restaurant. This was not the greatest experience as the lady that took our order forgot to order my breakfast which concluded in my boyfriend and I having to eat separately, as my order was delayed. This did put a real downer on my breakfast experience, as it was my birthday and it would've been nice to both eat together - as you would ordinarily expect in a restaurant. Again, those on service were good at rectifying the problem, it's just a shame it happened in the first place.

We then spent the rest of the morning/early afternoon in the spa - which was our main attraction for the hotel. I cannot complain, at all, about the spa and the treatments we had. Both of us had an hour body exfoliation and back massage - amazing. Simply brilliant. We then spent the rest of the time in the sauna/hydropool/snow paradise/steam room. It was quiet and perfectly peaceful - we cannot describe how great the experience was. The changing rooms also have everything needed e.g. great quality shampoo/conditioner/shower gel and accessories such as hair straighteners.

Finally, the location itself was ideal for us. We live in greater London and work in the City, so London is not new to us however, the hotel location was next door to Westfields - somewhere we don't go that frequently. It was a very quick walk to lots of eateries/cinema/shops so after our visit we went straight there for food and the cinema. We were also given a voucher by K West to give at Westfields for a 25% discount in certain shops which was incredibly useful.

Overall, it was a great stay - made all the better by the comfortable bed and amazing spa. Shame about some of the little errors like the breakfast, but this wouldn't stop us visiting again.

Room Tip: I imagine those at the back of the hotel would be quieter as the Reception/bar area is at the front...
1  Thank Sophie L
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Hello SophieAvis,

What a fantastically detailed 4 STAR REVIEW – you should write a blog!! So glad you enjoyed you stay and thank you for choosing us as the venue to celebrate your Birthday! We LOVE celebrating with our guests! I do apologise that we forgot to place your breakfast order - I have addressed this with our team. With the upgrades, fantastic nights sleep, great location (so close to Westfield) and an awesome Spa I’m glad these “errors” didn’t impact too much on you stay and that you had such a great time otherwise. We can’t wait till you visit us again!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

My partner and I stayed at the KWest hotel from 9th-11th March and we enjoyed our stay. We like to say thank you to the Duty Host Manager, who helped us with our request on Sunday the 9th March. The beds were very comfortable and the towels were great and super soft. We found the Spa staff very pleasant and helpful and the spa was lovely. We loved Lourdes from the reception team and her helpful manners were very appreciated by us, however all other staff were friendly too. We will be back in May and look very much forward to it. Thank you very much. Warm regards, Mark and Nadine

Room Tip: We had room 415 and it look out to the residential area which was very quiet.
1  Thank Snowhasl

Hi Mark and Nadine!

What a Wonderful 4 STAR REVIEW!! Thank you for your kind compliments to all our team and for particularly mentioning our Duty Manager, Lourdes and the K Spa team! I’m pleased you liked our “super soft” towels – the small details make all the difference. We really do love comments like these, makes us want to work even harder to please out guests (and hopefully move them to a 5 star rating for their next visit!) We look forward to seeing you return in May!!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Recently stayed here instead of my usual hotel in London and wasn't disappointed. It was worth the slightly longer walk from Olympia! The staff were all very helpful and I was given an upgrade on checking in. The room and bathroom were very clean and spacious and, unlike a lot of hotels, they had decent towels!
Fantastically quiet hotel and with the comfortable bed I had a great sleep. Will defiantly use this as the hotel of choice when in London.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Hi IainFC,

Wow! What a great 4 STAR REVIEW! We are glad you paid us a visit (instead of your usual haunts) and found us worth it! I do believe a short walk from Olympia merits helpful team members, upgrades, clean and spacious rooms and bathrooms, fluffy towels and a bed you can really sink into! I’m delighted that we are your new Hotel of choice in London, looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel does have some really good qualities. It is in an easy to get to location, being a short walk from the tube station. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We had a deluxe room, which was spacious, with a comfy sofa, comfy bed, nice bathroom and nice bathrobes.

The walls however are as thin as paper and you can hear everything from the neighboring rooms and everything going on in the corridor, which does not make for a restful or relaxing nights sleep.

I am not sure what market this hotel is aimed at. I thought hotel and spa, meant a chic but relaxing haven in London, this hotel does not meet this definition. When we arrived back to the hotel about 11 on Saturday night, there were bouncers on the door and the bar was very happening. At 3:30 a.m. we were rudely awoken by what I can only describe as a party in the room next door. They were clearly very drunk and rowdy, we could hear everything they were saying. We called up to reception, and to their credit they resolved the situation immediately, and dispersed the gathering. Unfortunately, by this point we were awake and annoyed. I don't know if these people had just left the bar or stumbled back from a night on the town, but they completely ruined our stay. The next morning we were both exhausted and so did not fully enjoy our day and in fact delayed our plans as we could not get going due to the tiredness.

Breakfast was pretty poor as well. There were no plates when we got down there so had to wait to eat. For the money that we paid I did not feel the hotel was worth it.

If you are looking for a happening, noisy place to stay then this could be the hotel for you. If you are looking for a good nights sleep, I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: The deluxe room was comfortable and spacious, but very noisy at night
1  Thank Faith H

Hi Faith H,

Thank you for taking you time to give us your feedback. I am glad you were pleased with our Location and our extremely friendly and helpful team. I am so glad that you brought the noisy guests to our attention so it could be dealt with but sorry that you were disturbed in the process. On the rare occasions when we have Guests who want to continue the party in their room, we always ensure that it is dealt with quickly. We do hope you come back soon, I’m sure you will have a much calmer night.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I really wasn't sure that I would like this hotel as it initially felt very modern and a bit too chic - but it's actually a well-run and surprisingly friendly hotel by London standards.

Breakfast very good and staff were attentive and helpful. Front desk staff were also on the ball. I was given an upgraded room - nice touch - which was large but perhaps a little soulless. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank wageouris
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear wageouris,

What a fantastic 4 Star review! It looks like you had low expectations of friendliness in London, so I’m pleased that our friendly team gave you the K West welcome!!! Thank you for mentioning our team and our “on the ball” receptionists, I am glad you enjoyed your upgrade (did we run out of soul, I need to check with our Department of Funk and Soul who look after this stuff). We can’t wait till you stay again.