“A lovely stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“A lovely stay”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Had a fantastic stay overnight at this hotel. Lovely, clean and modern throughout. Normally I'm not a fan of a continental breakfast and I was very surprised to see the range available. It was all fresh and the coffee was beautiful. The only downside is the charge for wifi, it wasn't free. Surely a passcode available to residents would work. The spa was amazing and they were able to fit me in with the most amazing massage even though I only asked at 3:30pm. The spa itself was busy, which we were warned about, but it didn't feel that way inside. Can highly recommend the ice room! The jacuzzi beds were so relaxing I didn't want to leave!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hello Claire C,

What a lovely 4 STAR REVIEW! We are so glad you enjoyed stay, in particular our continental breakfast and our amazing K Spa! Just to let you know, we do have free wifi in all our public areas currently... who knows where it might be next! Our Jacuzzi beds are really relaxing and will be right here for you when you come back! I see this is your first ever review- thanks for making it about us!!

gm@k-west.co.uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The room had a lingering smell of smoke, cups were dirty and the bin had not previously been emptied. Clearly a used room which the previous person who stayed in, smoked. The telephone did not work so I couldn't even contact room service to complain. Went back to the check in desk to be told that mainteince could come and set up an extractor for a few hours - bearing in mine that this was Valentines day! Totally unacceptable customer service, constantly being told no rooms were available, only to be told 40 mins later we could move room.

Would never expect this sort of customer service from a 4 star hotel. Have stayed in many hotels all across Europe, and previously stayed in K West but by far that was one of the worse customer experiences.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Ansatsuken,

Oh dear... Sorry about the room issues - I am so glad we were able to move you to another room, although I do apologise it took us a little longer then we would have liked. As it was Valentines weekend, we were extremely busy preparing our rooms with 400 balloons, 120 swan towels and what seemed like ½ a ton of rose petals... this is not an excuse for the service you received and I apologise that we got it wrong. I’m pleased we have since been able to resolve this via Email and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for my husbands birthday! We had a great time, balloons and cakes in the room made the stay extra special. I would definitely recommend the hotel to friends and family visiting London... The breakfast was amazing, we didn't use the spa but the pictures looked great and if we go again we'll definitely use it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hi Mel N,

What a lovely 4 star review! We are so glad we could be part of your husband’s birthday, and that you had a great time! We love making special occasions all the more magical because we know everyone deserves to feel like Royalty on their birthday! Can’t wait till you return, please do come back and try the Spa – it may be the thing you need to move us to a 5 Star Review!!

Somerton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night. Upgraded on arrival. Fantastic room and overall a great stay. Very friendly staff (both front and back office). Excellent breakfast. Very well located, but having lived in the area a number of years ago we already new this. (I was attending a conference in Earls Court which was a 30 minute stroll). Gym looked good but didn't have time to use it. Fabulously spacious room. Early check in allowed which was much appreciated. Valet parking good value and well worth it. Very well run hotel with very attentive staff. Part of the Landmark group and it shows. Their Winter promotion which includes breakfast and cocktails is very good value. Head and shoulders above other London hotels we have used. Will definitely be our 'go to' London hotel when we make the trip to the big smoke from our Somerset base. Thank you to all the friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank butchjames
Hello butchjames,

What a FANTASTIC HIGH -5’s ALL ROUND REVIEW! We are so ecstatic you enjoyed your stay and are pleased that you met our friendly team! Early check in’s, upgrades, valet parking is just a taste of what we offer all our guests – whatever it takes to make a stay special. It’s a shame you didn’t get to use our K Fit Gym – but I guess your stroll to Earls Court was enough exercise. Thank you for such a great review, and thanks for your comment on the Hotel being well run – I appreciate the compliment!

Ramat Gan
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We have been staying in the hotel for 5 nights.
Its location is simply great - in "Shepherd's Bush", where you can find the shoppers heaven - "Westfield Shopping center", and close to the Sheperd's Bush Tube station, which belongs to the Central line, which can take you to the center of town in a matter of minutes.

The hotel is very fancy and well decorated.

Its staff is really friendly (especially Brooke which was very very friendly and helpful on our last day there).

The only negative points I can provide are:
Although the bathroom is quite big, the shower has enough space - someone has forgotten to put a shelf for soap, shampoos etc.
Also, whenever flushing the toilet, all the hotel is aware of that due to a noisy pump which runs in the cupboard.
And last - our room was located in floor #1 (the street level is floor #3), meaning it's on the hotel's basement, so mobile reception was BAD.
One more thing: WiFi service is only free in the lobby, and not in the rooms.

I will be happy to return there!!

Room Tip: Not in floor #1, which is the hotel's basement.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Hi shayzu;

Thank you for your 4 STAR REVIEW! We are THE place to be when you want to worship at the retail Nirvana of Westfield London! Brooke is definitely one of our Superstars, getting lots of online appreciation!! We are in the process of upgrading our walk in showers and yes, we are adding a shelf for the soap – we didn’t forget I promise!! Thank you for your feedback, it all helps to make a better K West for everybody - we too will be happy when you return!

Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed February 4, 2014

+ Allowed us immediate access to the room despite us arriving a couple of hours earlier than check-in
+ Lovely luxurious feeling room
+ Spotlessly clean bathroom with very flattering mirror!
+ Best hotel shower I've used in a long time
+ 2 minute walk from Shepherd's Bush tube & overground station
+ Good atmosphere in the hotel bar in the evening

- Breakfast not included in room rate
- No free wifi
- Use of spa facilities not included in room rate

My partner and I spent one night in the K West Hotel & Spa after seeing it on Secret Escapes (although in the end we booked directly with the hotel for the same rate). All in all we (particularly my other half) were delighted with our choice and I'm sure we'll be back.

We didn't get a chance to sample the spa as it was our first trip to London and we were trying to pack lots in - as it is not included in the room rate we felt it would have been a bit of a waste to pay unless we had at least a full morning or afternoon to enjoy the facilities.

I was a little disappointed on arrival to discover that breakfast was not included in the room rate, I had been almost sure it was and it may have affected my decision to book had I realised.

The atmosphere in the hotel bar was great to come back to after a long day out, with a (non-cheesy!) DJ playing til 2am and a nice and reasonably priced drinks and bar snacks menu. I could imagine stopping here for pre-drinks on a night out even if I wasn't staying at the hotel.

The hotel is very well located if you're in London for a show as it is just 8 stops on the tube to most of the West End's theatres.

All in all despite the couple of very small negatives I've mentioned we really liked the K West Hotel and I think we'd consider returning on our next trip to London in a couple of months.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Hi ceiticlinzi67 (is that pink champagne you are drinking in your picture??);

Thank you for that lovely (and detailed) 4 STAR REVIEW! Loving all your ++’s!! They are some of my fave’s too - especially the flattering Mirror (takes Years off me)! We do lots of online deals including Spa and breakfast so look out for those. Also our Wifi is free in all our public areas – we even have Apple Macs if you didn’t bring your own! When you come back in a few months do check these out and make sure you put some time aside to unwind in our K Spa – a treatment the morning after a night out will leave you feeling fabulous!

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We were looking for a quality hotel with good facilities in a fairly central London location and decided to book the K West after reading the reviews and the fantastic (and some very funny) comments back from the hotel. My Daughter and Finance also came with us and surprised me by pre-advising the hotel that we were celebrating my birthday so when entering our room, I found balloons, petals over the bed and 2 swans made with towels - there was also a knock on the door and I was presented with a plate with 3 small cakes, happy birthday written on the plate and a birthday card - lovely touch. The room was very spacious, clean, comfortable with all the contents you would expect. We had an evening meal in the hotel on the first night which was very reasonable for any hotel, never mind one in London - we all really enjoyed the food and would certainly recommend giving it a try. All the staff without exception, were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble - having stayed in numerous London hotels primarily on business, the staff at this hotel were in a different league and it would be unfair of me to name any individual as I didn't get all the names but suffice to say, keep up the good work, it makes a massive difference. Finally, on the last day, I was also treated to a spa treatment which was a wonderful experience and would love to go back and spend more time in such a relaxing place.
Oh and not forgetting, it's only 5 minutes from shop til you drop Westfield so I'm sure I'll be back!

Room Tip: Our room was approximately half way along on the 4th floor, very peaceful although I would imagine m...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello NMCK1987!

A HUGE THANK YOU for the AMAZING 5 STAR review! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay and that we got to share in your birthday celebrations and made it special!! We do pride ourselves on our friendly Team and great service, and I am pleased that you read our review responses (I’m hoping to get them published as a novel this Year in time for Christmas). Thanks again for your review – please tell everyone in Ipswich about us and we hope you return for your birthday next Year, if you do there will be a nice bottle of Prosecco from me waiting for you!!