“Lovely room. Lovely staff. Lovely breakfast.”
Review of K West Hotel & Spa

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #263 of 1,068 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely room. Lovely staff. Lovely breakfast.”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed for just one night. When we arrived we were told our room had been complimentary upgraded. The cleaning staff in the corridors were very happy amd helpful. Every member of staff said hello or good morning. The room was a lovely size, very clean and had evrrything you needed. The bed was very comfy. Breakfast was also lovely. I would definitely recommend the hotel and will be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013
Florian B, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Daisy H,

Wow 5 stars! It’s so fantastic to hear you had such a great stay and found our staff happy and helpful. Thank you so much for your recommendation and we cannot wait to welcome you back again.

Florian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Birthday surprise for me to escape hubbub of busy family life. Excellent place to hide away and feel pampered. Exceptionally clean and staff were friendly, professional and helpful. Room was beautiful and extras for my birthday presented with great detail.
Spa is small and intimate for all the right reasons. Quiet on Friday night and Saturday morning. Not sure about the snow room as a therapeutic experience but quite pretty!

Room Tip: We had a suite on sixth floor which avoided any noisy corridors or the bar/restaurant area although...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sesherratt,

We are so happy you enjoyed your birthday surprise and your time with us. Thank you for mentioning how friendly, professional and helpful our staff were. This is the kind of feedback we love to hear! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed October 19, 2013

If you search for a great spa, you will probably be disappointed. The hotel is not very spa-like, it is quite noisy, it is difficult to sleep, and it has not that kind of serene atmosphere that I look for in a spa.

But why would you go to London for a spa, anyway? There are better places.

And if you are looking for a relaxing place to stay in London, K West Hotel & Spa is quite good. The gym is great, the rooms are big, and I like the location. It is not as touristy as Paddington and it is very convenient to take the subway from Heathrow to Hammersmith, and walk from there.

So I will probably come back to K West & Spa.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Resmama,

Thank you for your feedback although I am so disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I am sorry you were not informed we are not a spa resort, but we do endeavour to provide great guest care, and I am sorry that you were disturbed and found us noisy. I am glad however that you enjoyed the gym and our rooms. Thanks again for your review, and please feel free to email me directly with any more feedback via gm@k-west.co.uk.

Kind Regards,

London
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Have stayed at the K West a number of times while on business in the capital, and it remains pretty good. The location is good for Olympia, as well as local transportation lines. The hotel reception staff are particularly friendly, and when I found myself being accidentally demanding during my stay, due to forgotten items, Catherine was exceptionally helpful.

I was puzzled that my double room had two single beds joined, which I could live with, but surprised they were separated to two singles half way through my stay. No great bother, but I'd rather have kept a double bed - even if it was a joined one.

I would have also appreciated fresh bottles of water being put in the room. Surely at two pounds a bottle, you may as well keep stocking up so guests can keep buying?

Parking was valet and my car was kept in what appeared to be a safe environment. Breakfast was continental buffet and could have been better serviced - too many staff, no one really taking responsibility. (I.E, if someone asks for a coffee cup, bring them a coffee cup - don't delegate it two people down the line to bring a TRAY of coffee cups ten minutes later).

I will stay again, without hesitation.

Room Tip: The lower floors are rumoured to have a smell issue due to the spa.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sunshine2107,

Thank you for such a lovely review! We will definitely pass your kind comments to Catherine. As for the bed issue, I do hope we were able to resolve this during your stay. We do apologise about the Breakfast situation as this should not have happened. Customer service is of top priority in our hotel. We do look forward to when you stay again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We booked a night at this hotel via Secret Escapes. The hotel is very nice, we had a lovely room and the breakfast which was included was v good and the deal we got on Secret Escapes was excellent. We paid to go into the spa (£20 each) and whilst the spa was OK, it wasn't quite what we were expecting. We had assumed we would stay there most of the day (which is what we would normally do when we go to a spa) but we had run out of things to do after less than 2 hours. The spa is quite small and they don't have any magazines etc out unlike at other spas. Also, if you are visiting the spa but not having a treatment you do not get given a robe which I thought was a bit odd, and I was a bit cold sitting on the comfy chairs in my towel, and it makes it less easy to go to the area where they have tea. Having said that I did ask where I could get a robe and the lady said that as I was cold she would make an exception and give me one, which was kind.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chloe111186338
Florian B, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Chloe111186338,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you found your package deal such great value. Just to let you know, robes are available in the rooms and on request. I am sorry you were not informed of this but am happy it was resolved in the end.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed here with work, when I arrived card machines were not working so made me wait 20 mins until they got them working!!! Given room on bottom floor corridor and room smelt of damp! Didn't complain because only there for one night! Breakfast extortionate and poor choice! Didn't ask me about stay when checked out just wanted payment!!! Poor service, from reception staff but they just seemed rushed! Bar staff were good and DJ was good but felt a little strange having a club in reception!!!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Mikeeh217
Dear Mikeeh217,

Thank you for your review. I am sad to read you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the lack of service you have experienced during your recent stay. We do take all feed back on board and I welcome the opportunity for you to contact me directly via gm@k-west.co.uk to discuss your stay further.

Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The K West is a nice mid-level boutique hotel in London. It's not a spectacular hotel but the staff and property are good at what they do.

Rooms are clean and adequately appointed. Restaurant and menu are, again, adequate. Fitness room is nice. The lobby is pretty cool with a bar and hang-out area where many guests congregate.

The hotel's location is probably it's strongest point. It is 5 minutes walk from Westfield Mall and surrounding shops. Anything you need is within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RobertStewartJA
Dear RobertStewartJA,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you found our staff “good at what they do”, and what they do best is customer service! Just to let you know we are currently undergoing a soft refurbishment, and by the time you visit next we will WOW you!