“Fantastic Spa & restaurant”
Review of K West Hotel & Spa

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #260 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Spa & restaurant”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

A friend a I visited here (with a TravelZoo voucher) on a Friday. We got a little lost on route from the tube, but once you realise it's down a walkway on the right side of the big roundabout, you can practically see the hotel.
The staff were super friendly and really made us feel welcome at the Spa. We didn't have any treatments (as we just did an afternoon) and to be honest there wasn't even time, once we'd done a few rounds of the facilities in the spa area.
Highlights:
- The Minus 15 degree snow room - incredible (make sure you've been in the sauna before hand!).
- The recliners and bench in the Jacuzzi pool
- The two differently scented saunas
- The foot sinks (DIY pedicure!)
- The tea in the chill out room
- The resturant options (two courses with such good options)
- The cocktails were amazing (banoffee pie is better than a desert!)
I'd love to go again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Florian B, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear BelJB,

Thank you for such a lovely review. I am so glad you enjoyed your time in our Spa and our Cocktails and that you found our staff “super friendly”. Just to let you know, we have our week day wind down special for in house guest, where you get to use our Wet Spa facilities from 8:00 pm for only £10! We look forward to when you come again.

Florian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My girlfriend treated me to a one-night stay with massage and full access to the spa.
The room was excellent quality, comfortable and large.
I really enjoyed the one-hour massage (even falling asleep at one point).
The spa facilities were incredible - two saunas, a steamroom, enormous jacuzzi with waterjet, little cabins for relaxing, and the "snow room" was the icing on the cake.
I can't comment on the food, as we ate at a local Greek restaurant in Shepherds Bush.
The only small issue was that we were given a room with two single beds. This was quickly rectified by reception however.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Markyb79,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular our K Spa and your treatments. I do apologise about the bed mix up, but am glad it was rectified during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

suffolk
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed at K West for one night on a Sunday, my trip was really for business at Olympia, for that the location is great, either overground from Shepherds Bush - next stop or a 10 minute walk from K West Hotel. I am a woman staying alone so picking a hotel I feel safe in is a priority for me. Having read the reviewers comments regarding Fri & Sat nights not sure I would have booked either one of those nights staying alone, but I felt sure Sunday would be calmer. It was absolutely fine, I was welcomed nicely at check in, not taken to my room but wasn't really expecting that anyway. The rooms are okay - a little dim, wouldn't want to stay in there too long, but for a night or two is just fine. Everything you need and the furniture/soft furnishings are nice quality. The bed was very comfortable, I am used to a Tempur mattress & the bed was just as comfy. I ate in the restaurant in the evening which again being alone was all fine. The food was good and reasonable for a London hotel and the service very attentive. I did think that breakfast was very expensive though - around £17 I think which is on the high side, so I opted to walk to Carluccios instead. That brings me to the location in respect of proximity to Westfield - fantastic ! Just a 5ish minute walk and you are in shopping heaven..... I plan to return with my husband and his credit card closer to Christmas ! All in all - a fairly priced hotel (I booked with Secret Escapes) If I were to go again I would get a rate with breakfast included and make sure I have time to fit everything in, shopping,eating,exploring,spa treatments and a little less business..... Would recommend K West as a good base for West London.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tirolerhoff,

Thank you for your review. I am so happy you received a warm welcome, enjoyed your stay, in particular Dinner. You will be happy to note as part of our refurbishment, we are adding extra lighting in the rooms. Also, just to let you know, we do have various breakfast options available such as continental breakfast which is only £8.50! Thank you for your recommendation. We hope to welcome you back soon.

london
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We used an offer a £35 offer for day use of the spa facilities. Hotel was easy to find and within easy access to Shepherds Bush station. The spa facilities are located on a lower level so o natural daylight. We were shown the facilities and provided with flip flops and dressing gowns with towels in the lockers. There are 2 sauna's, a steam room, 2 foot baths, 3 seating Sofa's, a chill room and a large jacuzzi which has a bench and 2 beds situated inside the jacuzzi to lie on as well as a hydro jet which gives a great massage. Chilled water is provided and the spa area regularly cleaned to clear water. We had ore agreed our lunch slot which was situated on the 4th floor. We were able to choose 2 courses as Parton our package. The service was excellent and the staff were very accommodating. Drinks were an added extra. On returning to the facilities we found guests were reserving the limited seating areas with their towels whilst the used the rest of the facilities.this should be discouraged by the hotel. Great day generally and well worth the offer we had.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Florian B, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear xmasjones,

Thank you for the 5 star rating! I am so glad you enjoyed our package deal and found our staff accommodating and service excellent. Your comments have been noted and will be looked into. Please do continue to look out for our promotional package deals! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

What a gorgeous hotel! In a great location, with tube and shopping close by. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
We only had breakfast in the hotel, and the cooked food was truly brilliant, best breakfast I have ever had!
The spa was very nice indeed, loved it!

The only thing that could have been improved was our room, not that anything was wrong with it but I was expecting a little more. We booked a deluxe room, and asked for a special one for a special occasion, but I felt it was more a standard room.

Would love to return to the hotel and spa.

Room Tip: The corridors are very long, ask for a room without such a long walk!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Crispycake1
Dear Tracy,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular the breakfast and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. Just to let you know, we are currently undergoing a soft refurbishment and the comment you raised regarding the room will be looked into, so the next time you stay you will notice something “more”! We look forward to when you return.

York, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I've stayed with K West numerous times over the past few years as It's very near the BBC where I get asked to go sometimes,

But this Hotel is fantastic. Great location, so close to Westfield and loads of nice restaurants especially Gormet Burger Kitchen, everyone loves a good burger ;)

Some of the best points:
- Friendly, helpful staff
- The breakfasts are so good
- The bed's are comfortable
- Room's are spacious, bathrooms are well equipt
- Freeview in the rooms on large flat screen TV
- Great access to computers (free) on the I Macs.
- Spa facilites/gym are great!
- You often see the cleaners cleaning the hotel.
- Service always on hand.

A few points to look out for:
- Bar/restaurant is over priced, you can find better at the Restaurants just over the road at Westfield shopping mall.
- Make sure you bring your own plug extensions and all sorts like that otherwise you could be paying quite a lot in the hotel for it!
- Make use of the I Macs, otherwise Wifi costs a bomb.

Over all, a very happy lady here! I am looking forward to coming back very soon, can't get enough of K West!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Natalie,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoy staying with us and that you are one of our regulars. Just to let you know, we are currently working on a Loyalty Points scheme so please look out for it! Thank you for mentioning our friendly, helpful staff and our service, I will be sharing your feedback with the team. All comments have been noted but just for your information, Wifi is free in all our public areas and in our K Library we have free internet and free printing. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Arrived at K west hotel & spa last Thursday evening, was a quick check in, but there was a mishap the next morning, will not bother to explain what happened but the management were quick to rectify the situation and throw in a couple extras, thats showed efficiency! the only downside was my mobile reception in my room was really poor, i had 2 different phones from different networks and i had to go to the lobby anytime i needed to make an important call, maybe the management can look into this, this might actually mean staying on higher floors, apart from that, was a nice stay, nice quiet hotel and not far away from all the hustle and bustle of Shepherds bush and Westfield shopping mall, will be back soon!

Room Tip: choose a higher floor room to receive better reception on your phone
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Djmarko1971,

Thank you for a lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us, that we were able to rectify the mishap during your stay and that you appreciated our management team. I will definitely be sharing your comments with them! We do take all feedback on board, and you comments regarding phone reception have been noted. We can’t wait to have you back!