“Boutique hotel that ticked all my boxes.”
Review of K West Hotel & Spa

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #284 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times. My only criticism would be its a little soulless, I think that's partly due to the fact it appears to be an office block conversion. Room was clean, comfortable bed. My room (6th floor)was very peaceful and quiet. Internet worked fine. AC worked fine and was user friendly. Booked a quick pedicure for next day and was in expert hands with chinese therapist Hoa. English
Breakfast was very good too. I'm happy to say a most pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank JT2469187069
Hilary C, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in particular your pedicure. I will certainly pass on your kind words to Hoa! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hilary

Write a ReviewReviews (3,191)

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Myself and a friend spent one night at the hotel to celebrate her 40th birthday. I don't have anything negative to say about it and we enjoyed the whole experience.
We asked for extra towels and an ice bucket which the staff were quick to respond to.
The breakfast (veggie option) was very nice but the continental was a bit limited, although good. All staff who we interacted with were very pleasant.
Location was good, near to the underground and near the Westfield shopping centre.
We went to the spa on Sat morning and it was fairly quiet which was nice.It was very clean & although quite small it did offer everything we needed. It even had a really cold room with snow. We both had an hours massage which was excellent and then spent over an hour in the relaxation room.
We'll both be coming back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for a lovely review. I am so glad your friend enjoyed her 40th Birthday, and you both enjoyed our Spa. Your comments regarding the continental breakfast have been noted. We look forward to when you both return!

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

In London for the Roger Waters gig at Wembley. This is our second time here and as pleased as the first.
The food was very good, we had lunch here on the day of arrival, the room was fine, though I detect someone before had smoked in there on the quiet. Otherwise all was very good and the staff are especially friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us in particular our food although I am sorry to hear about the hint of smoke smell in the room, I do hope you let us know so we could move your room or have it refreshed for you. We are a non smoking hotel, this incident aside; we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I booked my husband and I into the spa to spend out anniversary and have a chilled out relaxing day. I can honestly say that this was a worthwhile experience!

The staff are ever so friendly and make you feel comfortable and the massages were great too!

We had a lunch package and that too was very filling and even though I'm a gluten free vegan, the salad they served was filling as well as tasty and not the usual boring leaves and tomatoes other places serve.

The spa facilities are clean! I have OCD and cannot stand dirt but I didn't feel uneasy at any point in the changing rooms or the spa itself. The cold room was an exhilarating experience coupled with 10 mins in the sauna before hand.

All in all, will defo visit again on a special occasion as expectations were exceeded!

Thanks for a relaxing day.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am so happy you enjoyed your relaxing day at our Spa and Lunch. Just to let you know, we have our week day wind down special for all in house guests where you can use our Wet Spa for just £10 from 8:00 pm! We can’t wait for you to visit again.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Me and my friends decided to have a relaxing day at a spa to start the celebrations of my best friend's hen night!!! I was recommended to go to the K west spa by a friend of mine and... It has been the best day ever!!! The place is beautiful... The atmosphere Is so relaxing you couldn't ask for more and the staff are so professional and caring and treated us like we were some sort of celebrities.. Just brilliant ! They have everything you could possibly want, jacuzzi pool , sauna and they even have a snow room which I have never tried before in my life ( and I am a frequent 5 star hotel and spa guest in many famous hotels around the world)! Not to mention the treatment: I had a microdermal facial and my friends they all had different face and body treatments and everyone was so happy with the professionalism and the standards of the staff that works there. Special thanks to the receptionist that managed to organised our treatment so that me and my friends could all have them done at the same time .. We all agreed that we will definetly go back there for some more treatments or even just to have another relaxing day in the spa. Recommended to everyone 100%.
Thank you again for making our day so perfect

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for such a lovely review. I am so glad you enjoyed your hen night party and our spa facilities. We have some great spa package deals on line. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We booked the hotel for one night on Saturday 7th September. We booked the package through Secret Escapes, we booked a relaxing night's stay including VIP passes to Westfield, Burlington Arcade and 10% off at Liberty's - none of these were offered to us. We also had in-room movies included as part of the package which we had to ring down to reception twice to activate - it's a good job we had the movies to be honest as we were faced with a nightclub in the reception when we checked in!
We had rung up in advance to advise we wouldn't be checking in until after 11pm as we were going to Proms in the Park, we arrived at 11.30pm to find 3 bouncers on the door and a nightclub in what we later found out to be the breakfast area of the hotel. We couldn't hear anything the receptionist was saying when we checked in and had to ring down to reception in the morning to check what time check out and breakfast were.
We were completely dissatisfied with the whole break and would not recommend this place to anyone wanting a relaxing break away!
STAY AWAY! - For the money it's not worth it... next time I'll go to the Travelodge or Ibis - at least they don't mislead you!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beth D
Hilary C, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us on Saturday night with the style of the hotel not meeting your expectations. We do indeed have DJ’s on Friday and Saturday nights which are usually very much enjoyed by our guests, and as every hotel, have security on the door during these times as part of our license agreement, and to ensure the security of our guests at these times. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the music and found it hard to check in due to the volume. Whilst I appreciate that your arrival experience was not a restful or relaxing one, I trust that your room on the 6th floor was quiet and that you had a restful sleep.

I also apologise that you had the inconvenience of having to call reception twice to activate the movies, and that you were not given the shopping passes on arrival. I trust you were able to get these vouchers the next morning before you visited the shops.

I am pleased that you found the room lovely, and do hope that you managed to make use of our spa on Sunday. Whilst I appreciate you say you will not be returning, I thank you for taking the time to feedback.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 8, 2013

What a strange mix. A labyrinth of dimly lit corridors and softly lit rooms. The things that I loved about this hotel were the hotel cleaners who tidied my room to perfection every day, the central location, the Internet lounge, and the constant stream of touring musicians who used it as their base. What I didn't like was that everything extra cost money: the cost of having Internet in your room was outrageous, breakfast costs were excessive, and the front desk people were so serious about being professionals that they had forgotten how to be welcoming etc etc. I don't know if I would choose to stay there again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Claire H

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, in particular our maids and our eclectic guests. Just to let you know, we do have free Wifi in all out public areas and have free access to the internet in our K Library and free printing. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel welcomed by reception, I will be sharing you feed back with the team. I do hope you give us another chance to show you what we are really about.