“A stylish hotel with nice facilities”
Review of K West Hotel & Spa

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #257 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“A stylish hotel with nice facilities”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

First thing that strikes you about the K West is that it llooks like a trendy, central London hotel like St Martin's Lane or The Sanderson. The second thing that strikes you is that you enter into the hotel on its 3rd floor! So there are two floors above and two floors below you!

I have stayed here twice recently and twice been upgraded to a bigger room. The Big Positives are that, for the hotel class, it is not too expensive; the Gym is pretty good and the food too. Room was big and it had a music system and DVD player as well as Sky Sports.

The negatives are small - a step up from the bedroom into the bathroom would not be ideal for a visit during the night in the dark (!), and my colleagues had breakfast in the Kanteen which had very poor service (twice).

I would stay here again though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 4th to 6th floors if you are in any way claustrophobic!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AMKDublin_Ireland
Hilary C, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, however disappointed to read that your colleagues received poor service in the restaurant. I am delighted that you will return, and we look forward to seeing you soon…

Hilary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Hotel is in a good location tucked in a quiet back street within walking distance to Westfields.

After spending a fab hour in the hotel spa my 14yr old daughter and I ordered a room service meal.

Room service took 2.5hrs to arrive. Staff very apologetic telling me they are "very busy" the food arrived at 22.45 my daughter was asleep. Therefore went to bed hungry....

Two early morning alarm calls 4.30am and 6.30am - not booked by me !!

Good rooms and fantastic Spa but please eat before going.....

Room Tip: Eat before going....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay but am disappointed about the food service you received. I would welcome the chance to discuss this further with you and ask that you please contact me via the Hotel’s website.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

On my way back from a spa day at this hotel and couldn't wait to review it. What a wonderful day! We arrived early and used the fully equipped gym, followed by our treatments, 30 minute massage followed by 30 minutes in a dry floatation tank (if you don't know what this is, go and find out. Pure bliss!) we scheduled our lunch after this and were expecting the 'classic spa lunch', ie. dull sandwich garnished with soggy lettuce. We were wrong! A long menu to choose from, delicious, filling food and a charming waiter (Max!) who really looked after us. Following this we proceeded to the spa which was absolute luxury. Well organised and had a snow room (!) Very relaxing and extremely indulgent.
I highly recommend this hotel for a spa day break with friends or partner. The staff were so warm and friendly and every detail taken care of. We'll certainly be back.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Annie8344
Thank you for such a great review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s feed back like this that really makes our day! Max is very pleased that you remembered him! We look forward to welcoming you back to K West!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Me and my friend chose this hotel because we were seeing a show at the Hammersmith Apollo. We knew of this hotel because people we knew had stayed here before and we thought it was reasonably priced considering the location.

There was some very good points and some bad points. Now I am 25 years old and I know me and my friend look younger but I wouldn't say we don't look in our twenties. When we were waiting for our taxi outside the hotel a very rude staff member told us to move because fans couldn't wait there. We explained we weren't waiting for anyone apart from our taxi and we were staying in the hotel and thought he would understand reasoning. But no. He carried on saying he knew why we were there and we had to move. It was incredibly rude. Luckily for us our taxi showed up because I was getting annoyed.

On return to the hotel later this man was nowhere to be seen but when we decided to get a drink at the bar we were questioned by an extremely rude bar staff member again first of all saying we needed to be over 21... She seemed extremely smug that she had the power to throw us out...Then when I produced my ID saying we had to be staying there which obviously we were. I have never been questioned so much when staying somewhere in my life! And I can understand if there's some security issue but the rude bar staff member is the one reason we will never be returning. There is a polite way to do things and she definitely needs lessons. I work in hospitality and I was shocked that such a nice hotel allows such rudeness to their guests!

But on the plus side the staff on reception were amazing and couldn't do enough to be helpful. They booked our taxis, when I asked for more sugar for our rooms they brought us more than enough and they never questioned us which was a big bonus!

The rooms were quite nice but as someone else said they were bordering on sparse. But on them alone I'd stay again.

Breakfast was quite good and I was happy to see it was different staff about who, again, didn't question us thank goodness.

It was nice to have free computer use for guests too! So thank you for that!

Overall it was a nice stay just ruined by certain staff.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Charlotte800
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to hear about how you felt you were treated during your stay. Rest assured this will be looked into as this is not the impression that we wish to give. Guests and service is a top priority here at K West so I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you if you would like to contact me via the Hotel’s website.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

This was a fantastic hotel! The staff were really helpful and friendly. The room service was delicious and quick. Its location was also perfect with it being only a 2 min walk from Shepherds Bush station on the central line. I would definitely use this hotel again

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for such a great review and I am delighted that you would definitely come back and stay, we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel is tucked in a quiet side street but is modern and well appointed. The staff were excellent and very welcoming. From check in to check out they were helpful and friendly. The rooms were a good size and very clean and the value was excellent. The hotel is 3 minutes walk to the massive Shepard's Bush Westfield Mall, Shepard's Bush Empire and QPR are about 10 minutes and the underground is virtually across the green
Great place to stay

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Brighton, UK
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Going to a gig at the O2 Shepherds Bush my wife and I decided to take a couple of days off and take in the Westfield Shopping Centre for a bit of retail therapy. Location was a key factor in choosing this hotel - and we got that right. Just a 5 minute walk to Westfields and 10 mins to the O2.

Outside of that all we wanted was a room and breakfast - and again, we got that right: rooms in London Hotels are not generally huge (unless you have large wallet), but our room here was more than adequate. No, it wasn't huge, but it had a small desk and seating area a very comfortable king sized bed and good size TV. It was very well laid out, the space was used very well. The bathroom was also very well equipped and decorated. The sound proofing / double glazing must also be good, as, once in the room, we could hear little outside noise and certainly nothing to disturb a good nights sleep.

For breakfast we chose the Continental option taken in the lobby bar area. At £8.50 each I thought this was particularly good value. A good selection of breads, cereals etc.

The staff were always pleasant and attentive. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.

One gripe. Hotels that charge for wi-fi come across as cheap and petty. It's the 21st century, guys - sort it out; this hotel is better than this.

Didn't have time to check out the Spa; perhaps next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Just some information for your next visit, we do have free internet access in the K Library as well as free printing! We also offer 30 Minutes of free WI FI with any beverage purchased. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and hope that you can try out our Spa then.