“Remained consistently good”

GreenLeadersSilver level
United Kingdom
“Remained consistently good”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed here for the final time last October but kept forgetting to write another review. I did wonder if my previous good experience was a one-off, but each of my stays last year was pleasant.

When this hotel gets it right, it is a very good hotel. The management do seem keen to learn from guests' experiences and customer service has improved noticeably since I first started staying there.

Unfortunately my work have moved to the centre of London so I will no longer need to stay in the W12 postcode, but I am happy to recommend the hotel to anyone who does need to do so.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hilary C, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you so much for such a lovely review! I am glad that you have noticed consistency and have enjoyed your stays throughout the past year. It is sad however to hear that you won’t be staying again…..can’t we tempt you for a lovely Spa break?

Hilary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Leeds
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My partner and I stayed at K West for our anniversary weekend in November 2012 and were amazed how big it is, as it looks quite small from the front - the corridors go on for miles! We were upgraded to an executive suite on arrival which was a nice bonus. I picked this hotel as it's only a 5-10 minute walk to the tube and seemed to have a lot of local amenities; we bought breakfast from one of the local shops (it was quite expensive in the hotel) and ate out at the Pizza Express round the corner.
The bar in the lobby seemed quite lively and we later realised that this was because there was an American rapper (can't remember his name) staying there with his entourage, and when we were leaving on the Sunday some of Marilyn Manson's crew were there (not sure if the man himself was staying). This made our stay very entertaining and it was fun people-spotting when we were in and out of the hotel.
I'd definitely stay here again as it was reasonably priced and a close distance to the tube (straight on to the Central Line).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

wellingborough
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed here about a week ago for overnight stay for theatres etc. We booked a 'deluxe' room [no. 407] which, because of the poor standard I queried with the receptionist. I think she confirmed it was, but because of her strong foreign accent, I had to guess.
Unfortunately the hype didn't live up to the reality and our accommodation didn't compare favourably to other 4 star London hotels we have stayed in at similar prices. Also, although it stated a quiet location, we were woken in the early hours by a delivery. If ours was a deluxe room, we wont be returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. We do take all feed back on board and so I would welcome the chance to discuss your stay further. Please do contact me via the hotel website as I hope you will give us a chance to change your mind about our hotel.

UK
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel n December '12 for a weekend shopping break. We had stayed before and been upgraded to an excutive suite so we went knowing we would probably find the room much smaller this time!

the standard room was fine, if a little cold at night, but the bed was comfortable. I only really had two minor complaints which were the lack of full length mirror and the fairly poor lighting. Not so good when you're trying to do your make up and get ready to go out.

We like the location and ate out across the road at the restaurants at westfield. We did get a little sick of going back and forth on the tube into central london for shopping. We might consider a more central location next time, but then again, you pay a lot more for that.

We like the Waitrose being near by to get a bottle of wine and snacks or anything else you might want for the room.

This time, we had the continental breakfast included and i was happy with this. Some nice choices of pastries and plenty to get going for the day. However, no one asked for our room number or checked we had paid for breakfast!

Last time, i was treated to a morning at the Spa. It was very nice, but again the lighting was poor. I wanted to chill out and read a magazine and it was nearly impossible.

If we see a good rate for k west i would go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and have taken your feed back on board. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Good location for West London, but a trek into town.
Rooms lovely and good value. Clean modern hotel.
The Spa looks good, but you won't appreciate having to pay to swim. Sky hight prices for treatments; 15-20% too much. No wonder they weren't busy.
Hotels STILL think it's okay to charge rip-off prices for Internet, and £15.00 is ridiculous.
If you're expecting a 4 star breakfast you'll be disappointed as it features the cheapest from concentrate OJ you'll have the misfortune to have anywhere.

Give this hotel a go though as it is decent enough for the room rate.

• Stayed January 2013
Hilary C, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, although I am sorry to hear you found our Spa pricey and wondered if you had been told that Spa entry for hotel guests is only £10 after 8pm? We also do have free internet service in our K Library as well as free printing, but we do appreciate your feedback and take it on board.

New York
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I just came back from celebrating New Year and my birthday at K West and as usual had a fantastic stay. I have been staying at K West for about 8 years long before the arrival of Westfield and the Overground and have not stayed in any other London hotels since discovering it. There are a lot of bad hotels in London with varying standards, amenities and room sizes! K West is consistent! I know the type room I am getting, I see the same staff who are so welcoming and eager to please and I love the whole modern, clean aesthetic. The beds are amazing, housekeeping show up without fail and I love the delicious cooked to order breakfast I cant help thinking that some of the more negative reviews are from people that don't travel and are not fairly benchmarking K West against other London hotels! Yes, hotels all charge too much for wifi, water etc but K West offers free in room coffee and tea facilities and fridges so buy your own water! For me, K West delivers value and a quality product and the staff make the difference for me and that is why i keep returning! Hilary the manager runs a very tight ship and any issues during the stay are always ironed out immediately. As well as Westfield etc there are few local shops including a cafe to the left of the hotel which offer reasonable food if you cant splurge for breakfast. I will be back to London in Feb and being a creature of habit will be back at K West!

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BRITINNNYC
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I am glad that you always feel at home here! We look forward to welcoming you back in February!

Kind Regards

Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Booked into the K just before Christmas.....so cool. It's got a funky feel bar/lobby...the receptionist Jason is a delight. The rooms are especially spacious. Food is perfect, and the spa bliss. Loved, loved, loved it! It you wanna be one of the hip crowd, get there! It's along a quiet residential road, about 5mins walk away from Westfield and the tube stations.Will defo go back!! Can't wait!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for you heart felt review! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Jason was very happy to hear your kind words, it made his day! We look forward to welcoming you back!