“Average”

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #289 of 1,078 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 25, 2008

Nice comfortable rooms but nothing which really stood out. Friendly staff and a lively bar. Very noisy at night and no apology offered at check out. Lovely big bed, PS2 and nice flat screen TV.

We were given an incorrect bill for check out but this was quickly rectified.

VERY expensive breakfast if you wanted room service and rates in the directory seemed to be different to what we were told on reception. We didn't have breakfast in the end.

Mini bars in corridors very strange as you have to leave your room to use them and then they only have a very small selection of food available in strange combinations so that you cannot just have a drink!

It was nice but I found it slightly disappointing and the website misleading.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pussycatt
Write a ReviewReviews (3,111)

Reviewed March 25, 2008

The K WEST has changed or some old reviews are off the mark.
I found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The manager Renee went above and beyond my expectations. My executive room was huge, spotless and had a comfortable king bed. The cleaning staff was excellent. Even room service food is good. Location was great for me and less than 5 minute walk to the tube. I have booked the KWEST for my next London trip! This is a young and hip hotel. If you are old and hate fun, stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed March 14, 2008

Have stayed here a couple of times in the past month and have found it to be a bit of a disappointment. Staff can be great but also surly and difficult at times. Beds are comfortable and rooms are a decent size but those by the train line or main road are often noisy. Bathrooms are nice enough but a few essentials that you would expect for this amount of money are missing (such as shower cap, vanity set and moisturiser)
I find I stay here more out of convenience than choice...

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank mjsilver
Reviewed March 12, 2008

K-West Boutique Hotel in London / UK
Very trendy and nice hotel with a spa wich is not a bad thing in poluted London! Good hotel and very modern desing of the loby and the room. It is a good value for the money but I think that they have stil a lot to improve about the service ! we've got some friends calling us and theirs mesg. where lost- can not understand how & why ? Good location when the tube station is working- we have staied end of February for 8 nights and found out that the Tube station -Shephardbush- entered in works so was closed up to June !- otherwise is a litlle off but taking in consideration that Holland Park is so close 7minutes walk, was not so bad ! Notting Hill is close so is adding value.
If you are looking for an area quite and not bustlling there it is !
Carol from Jerusalem

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2008

We would not normally stay here in London but it was convenient for a family party.
We decided to treat ourselves and stayed in one of the top of the range suites.
First mistake as the two adjacent suites had all night parties that seemed to start at 4 in the morning.
In addition the room smelt of stale smoke and when the air conditioning went on a greasey cooking smell came in.
The decor may be classed as hip but I like a door to my bathroom and its already showing signs of wear.
The staff are very mixed with some good, some rude and some untrained.
Not an experience we intend to repeat.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2008

I stayed in the K-West with my friend, on February 21st, after booking the Girly Night Package, which included a manicure or pedicure each, a goodie bag full of a girls best friend, CHOCOLATE! complete with some chocolate covered strawberries and a glass of champagne while we received our beauty treatments.

Everything great except for cab driver, who my friend says overcharged us, she lives just outside London and has used cabs frequently before. Almost £30 from the Hotel to the near the Prince of Wales. We got a cab back for £18.

This cab was called by the hotel, which was a hackney cab, so no meter, not a taxi or black cab as requested, but we didn't have time to argue as we were going to show.

I feel we were ripped off especially considering he told us when we handed him £30 he had no change, the fare was £25. My friend said to give whatever change he had so I received the princely sum of £2.50. Normally I tip but I like to do this voluntarily not forcibly.

After reading another persons review of the way they were ripped off by a cab from the same hotel at around the same time I think the hotel should review the provider of this service and perhaps employ a new one as this reflects badly on the hotel.

One other negative, the spa is tiny and does not have a pool but the staff, especially Charlotte were very friendly. I would recommend the package but do not order a cab from reception, use directory enquires and then call from your mobile!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2008

I was booked at the K West through Hotwire after buying a 4-star hotel in the Kensington area of London. This is not a 4-star property. Not even close. The website makes it look hip, which it may be in the lobby, but the rooms are dumpy. Our sink wouldn't drain, and still wasn't fixed after our complaints. The room we had was not particularly clean either. We stay at a lot of hotels and are relatively easy to please, but this place is just not worth the price, even in overpriced London. And I have never written a bad review of a hotel ever.

Another caveat, the closest Underground station is closed for renovations. Walking to the next closest, 10 minutes away, is not bad, but be warned that this is the case. Buses are nearby and work well.

I think the worst part of the stay was the cab ride out that the hotel arranged. We had two stops, one to the Eurostar train station and the other to Paddington station to transfer to Heathrow. We asked to go to Paddington first, but the cab driver took us to Eurostar first instead. That was not so bad, but I heard later from my boyfriend that the cab driver almost insisted he drive him to Heathrow for 30 extra euro, and that he wasn't going to Paddington. My boyriend threw a fit and should have reported him, but just beware. It would not have been safe for a woman alone, and the hotel should NOT be calling cab drivers like this or their guests.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple