$206
$158
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$106
$188
$280
$260
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$159
$148
$129
$123
$258
$250
1,871 results
All reviewsbayswater tube stationhyde parkcontinental breakfastsingle roomkensington gardenswestbourne grovenotting hillrestaurants and shopsyogurtcircle lineboiled eggsminute walkquiet streetplace to sleepbreakfast staffthe hotel is cleanexcellent location
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I have stayed here before and while my single room was small, its great value and clean plus in a good location with friendly professional staff. Breakfast being included is a bonus. The bar and lounge areas are also a nice place to relax and get some space should the room be too small.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Phoenix H, Guest Relations Manager at Phoenix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind feedback on your stay at the Phoenix Hotel.
I am delighted to hear all the staff were friendly and you relaxed in our lounge, bar area.
All the team look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

This was my sixth three-week stay over the past seven years. With all the trials and tribulations of travel today, it is comforting to know that the Phoenix can be counted on for a sincere welcome. The staff are the most congenial and accommodating-- many are of long service. The hotel is on a very quiet street, but just a block away is a lively neighbourhood with all amenities: Marks & Spencer, Boots, post office, Tesco and Sainsbury expresses, bank, pubs and numerous multi-cultural restaurants. Even a hardware store! Bayswater and Queensway tube stations are very nearby, as is Kensington Gardens.
The hotel is extremely clean and comfortable. The quality of maintenance is commendable, There are attractive lounges and a bar that serves refreshments and light snacks throughout the day. An ample continental breakfast is served between 7 and 10, but early-morning travellers are not sent away with empty stomachs. Rooms have a kettle for tea, instant coffee and hot chocolate making. Cookies left after the room is cleaned is a nice touch.
With each stay over the years, my room has been quietly upgraded without my asking for any consideration. The rate has remained stable.
In so many ways the Phoenix is a treasure and is enthusiastically recommended.!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank waba2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you for taking the time to write a wonderful review.

It gives me great pleasure to know you return to the Phoenix Hotel each year and that all the staff go our of their way to make you feel at home with us.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay including the great location, and all our the team look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

The place is centrally located. Easy walking distance to Bayswater and Queensway underground station with different food cuisine establishments, grocery, souvenir stores and a Catholic Church along the way. There's a mall around the corner across from the hotel but on the area of the hotel itself, it seems very quiet. The staff are very welcoming and accommodating. The room is small which I think is typical in London but is clean. The only problem we had in our room is a clogged shower drain which we forgot to tell them as we were in a hurry to leave the next day for an early flight. Oops. We came when the weather was cool so we didn't have to use the fan that was provided in the room. The continental breakfast is very good even though all hadn't been laid out yet. They accommodated us because of our early flight. We had to leave by 630 and their breakfast is at 7. Overall, I'll recommend this hotel and if ever we come back, we'll stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jocelyn R
Phoenix H, Guest Relations Manager at Phoenix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Your comments are very useful to us. Delighted to know you loved the Hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Average service. The staff were quite helpful when we needed to check out the next morning they let us have breakfast early. Very good location.

Actually can't remember the rooms as we stayed in so many hotels, however I do remember liking the hotel.

Stayed: July 2017
Phoenix H, Guest Relations Manager at Phoenix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased you liked the Phoenix Hotel and hope to welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed July 29, 2017

I stayed at Phoenix Hotel for 7 nights in early July. The staff were friendly & helpful staff throughout my stay & I observed them being similarly helpful to other people staying there. I received an upgrade from single room to double room without asking which was much appreciated. The luggage storage facilities I felt to be secure & easy to drop off/collect. The wifi was reliable both in room & in the shared areas. Continental breakfast was included in my room rate & I was very happy with it for the price paid for the room. It was buffet so I guess if you really wanted to you could have really filled yourself up for the day ahead. The choices included: cereal, hams, cheese, boiled eggs, fruit, yoghurt, pastries, toast & of course coffee & tea served by very smiley hotel staff. While there is no in room fridge I soon discovered this was not necessary. I learnt however that with the generous breakfast on offer & the onsite bar from 11am to 11pm with reasonable prices it really didn’t matter. That said there were tea, coffee, hot chocolate & kettle in the room. A nice touch was getting a new & different pack of biscuits while the room was serviced daily. I had no issues with noise. The block that makes up Kensington Gardens Square is a fairly small & is mainly filled with hotels so I slept well. Phoenix is in a great location close to both Bayswater & Queensway stations. A couple of tips are that Queensway if often a better tube choice for the extra few minutes walk as I found that the Central line was often more reliable & faster than the Circle line at Bayswater. I’d also suggest if you stay at the hotel to venture to Westbourne Grove which you can get to walking down Kensington Garden Square. It offers a bit of a reprieve from the very touristy Queensway which don’t get me wrong has it’s positives & is of course in a great location. You can walk all the way down Westbourne Grove to Notting Hill & there are some good cafés, restaurants & shops the whole way. I left very pleased that I chose to stay here - thank you Phoenix Hotel for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends