“best Hotel in London!”

Ranked #282 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Monza, Italy
“best Hotel in London!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed in the Hotel for 3 nights in the early May, I stayed in a twin room with my mum , the room was very clean and bright.
I' m really satisfy, everything is excellent there , the breakfast is delicious.
The staff from the reception and from the office were friendly and helpful , reception is open 24 hours.
The Hotel is undergoing some renovation at present , they didn't' t affect our stay , everywhere is going to be fabulous and bright , especially the entrance area :-D
I will recommend this hotel to my friends and I will come back again during summer time.

Wi-Fi free ; 2 tube stations around the corner ; close to the park ; close to the shopping centre ;taxi and shuttle service to the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Linda S, Assistant Manager at Phoenix Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for the positive review and for awarding Phoenix Hotel your top-score! We are delighted that you reccomend the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Enjoyed my customary early summer visit last week. A bit chaotic but the friendly efficient staff made up for the inconvenience of the ongoing redecoration. The hotel has location and value, good transport, accessibility to museums, galleries, Lords cricket ground and the royal parks.
Single rooms are a bit small, but functional in their design, and the current work augers well for my next visit already booked for September.

Room Tip: I would recommend the second floor: quieter and for an octogenarian like me, with dodgy knees, the s...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to showing you the newly decorated bar, breakfast room and lobby during your next visit!
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My wife and I recently spent a weekend break in the Phoenix Hotel, Bayswater. Despite a lot of modernisation going on, we found the hotel most welcoming, the staff extremely polite and helpful and the rooms clean and comfortable. Ii is ideally situated for both access to London, countless eating facilities and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone visiting the capital. The only reason I have not scored maximum points for cleanliness is because of the work going on.

Room Tip: If you are not satisfied with you room allocated, ask to change. The staff are most accommodating, b...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the kind review and for recommending Phoenix Hotel. We are hoping to welcome you back next time you visit London!
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My stay at the hotel was pleasant. The hotel is close to good transport links and there are lots of nice restaurants and convenience stores in the area too. The staff were most helpful. I had a single room, which was clean and well presented. Breakfast was very nice, there was a wide range of items available. The hotel is undergoing some renovation works at present, they have completed a new hallway and the bar and reception areas look almost finished too. The ongoing works didn't affect my stay at the hotel in anyway, especially, as the hotel was fully booked with it being a busy bank holiday weekend. I'm looking to book again this summer!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the kind review and for awarding Phoenix hotel your top score! We look forward to showing you the newly refurbished bar, breakfast room and lobby during your next visit.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2014

My stay wasn't all negative, the hotel is close to transport, and lots of great restaurants, but while I was there the hotel was undergoing major renovations, and there was constant dodging of workmen, but I can overlook that. My room was small, and constantly smelled of cigarette smoke to the point my towels even smelled like smoke, something I find totally unacceptable.
The room had squeaky floorboards and every time someone in the next room trod on them, it squeaked in my room. My room neighbours were extremely noisy, and slammed doors all night, I did complain, but this only led to more door slamming, and banging on my door in the wee hours.
I was on the first floor, and the truck to collect dirty linen arrive between 10pm & 2am, and would be right under my window and wake me every night.
To top it off, when my driver collected me as I was leaving, the owner of the hotel abused him because he was carrying a coffee.
Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Something high up, and not near the front, you might be able to get some sleep.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Linda S, Assistant Manager at Phoenix Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Phoenix hotel. We appreciate all the points you raised and are sorry that you were disappointed on this occasion. We will always offer our guests an alternative room if one is available at the time. We made every effort to minimise the effect on our customers during the re-decoration of the public areas of the hotel and apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2014

revolting hotel! stains on sheets, black hairs in basin, stains on floors walls and curtains, did not want to anything in that room to touch our skin! only one staff member was friendly the others were very unpleasant, never ever again, the elevator couldn't even fit us plus 3 suitcases in it and a tiny tiny room, considering it was supposed to be a family room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lee b
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Phoenix hotel. We appreciate all the points you raised and are sorry that you were disappointed on this occasion. We pride ourselves in having friendly staff, comments to suggest otherwise are taken very seriously. We made every effort to minimise the effect on our customers during the re-decoration of the public areas of the hotel and apologise for any inconvenience caused.
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed April 29, 2014

So after looking, searching, reviewing, investigating.. I picked this neighborhood because it seemed affordable and it is located in a quite convenient area. It is 500 mts away from 2 subway stations and at walking distance from the Kensington Garden/Palace, the Portobello Market, amongst other attractions. There are a lot of shops, restaurants and convenience stores nearby the hotel, giving options to pick from budgetwise, there was even an asian supermarket! Also, there are a lot of souvenirs shops great for last minute gifts. Breakfast was great, wide variety of breads, jams, pastries, cereal and fruits to chose from, even in the form of packages for easy take away. The hotel was going under renovation, it was a bit dusty at times, but then, we weren't in the hotel most time of the day. We stayed in the fourth floor overlooking the street and private residential park. Staff was really helpful, the cleaning lady was really nice and helped us out with our heater, service was immediate and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the street or the private park for a nicer view. Also, a room that is loc...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank vmeyi
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Phoenix hotel. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back next time you visit London!