“magical”

Ranked #8 of 1,064 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“magical”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Me and my, now fiancee, had the most amazing time at the MontCalm. I informed the manageress of my plan to propose to my gf and I can guarantee the experience would not have been the same without her help. The room was huge and pretty spectacular, they put rose petals on the bed in the shape of a heart, chocolates strawberries, champagne, etc... an the bath tub was big enough to have fun with my gf ;).
Would I be back? Definitely. I think the MontCalm is a great hotel, with the food being lovely, the staff all so friendly and helpful, the spa ridiculously relaxing and smiles all around.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear John B,

Congratulations on your recent engagement! How thrilling to read that the Montcalm provided you with the right backdrop for the proposal and that all worked out according to plan! Thank you for this lovely feedback; rest assured your kind words will be disseminated amongst the team here to reward those involved. Should you need a place to stay during your honeymoon, you now know where to find us!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I treated my lady to a 3 course meal for her birthday. From the moment I explained it was a treat for my partners birthday i received such a warmth service making me feel at ease, the telephone service were also very helpful with all inquiries.

Everything went smoothly from start to finish, I specifically asked in advance if they can snap some pictures of me and my partner on her birthday and also told them i'll be bringing a cake along with me for them to bring it out for her which they agreed to and were happy to help out in any way possible.
Unfortunately due to the time i was unable to get the cake without her noticing i was up to something.I had asked the restaurant if they can arrange a cake for her, they told me they couldn't provide a cake as the chef only had pastries at that time but at the end they brought out a beautiful decorated chocolate cake saying happy birthday for her with a lighted candle which my partner loved so much and made her happy with a big smile on her face. Without the input of a particular staff named Omkar it wouldn't have been an overall 5 star experience.

Welcoming hotel, highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear David L,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent meal with us. I am delighted that our team, with Omkar in particular, were able to exceed your expectations during this special occasion. I hope that the next time you will pay us a visit, you will also have the chance to try out our accommodation, so that you can get the full Montcalm experience!

Should you require any assitance at all in the future with the making of any bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, and it would be my pleasure to assist in any way possible.

Witham Friary, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I received a gift voucher for a spa and champagne lunch which I was lucky enough to use here- the whole experience was wonderful. All the staff were polite, helpful and friendly and the facilities lovely. The meal was delicious and had great choices to choose from. Thank you for a fantastic day!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Sophie G,

I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your time here at the Montcalm's Spa and the Afternoon Tea; thank you for having shared this on Tripadvisor.
I hope that the next time you will pay us a visit you will have the chance to test our overnight accommodation as well; should you require any assistance at all with the making of any bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to assist in any way possible.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed here for my partners birthday and it was a amazing stay they welcomed us from the moment we pulled up they parked our car and took our luggage. The reception staff were lovely we've stayed here a couple of times and every time it's been great they remember you and welcome you back, the manager upgraded us to the presidential suite which was very comfy with a four poster bed and my little girl loves the interconnecting room with her own bed and tv. Bathrooms are great Shower is nice and powerful and the room was extremely clean I cannot say a bad word about our experience or our past experiences. They surprised us with a birthday cake for my partner and a couple of glasses of champagne bought to our room which was such a nice touch. The breakfast was lovely and plenty of choice. Thank you to all he staff who make our weekend special I would fully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Cla2809,

I am absolutely thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay during this special weekend getaway, and that the team clearly went above and beyond to turn your stay into a special one! How fortunate as well that we were able to provide you with this amazing upgrade to the presidential suite! Ankur has requested me to send you his regards as well, and he is looking forward to welcome you back soon again; in the meantime, we all wish you all the best.

Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The Montcalm turned out to be a great find. After 6 nights at the Montcalm I could have easily stayed another 6 nights as it was unobtrusive yet attentive. Breakfast was served elegantly, and all hot breakfasts were well prepared. Nothing was too difficult or not on the menu.

The rooms are very small but the website prepares you for it. Small but well planned so very comfortable. Beds are very good. Shower is brilliant .

No negatives for this great hotel which is also in a great quiet street just behind Marble Arch.The best part of our stay was Laura ..she made the absolute difference in welcoming us & making our stay wonderful.Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear cinta07,

How fantastic to see another positive review for Laura! I am ever so pleased that you had such a great stay with us and that the team, with Laura in particular, were able to exceed your expectations over the course of the 6 days. I am also very glad that you enjoyed our breakfast; our Chef insists on only using the highest quality local and sustainably sourced produce, and it is great to see when our guests notice the difference!

I imagine that it will be a little while before you next travel to London, since Singapore isn't exactly around the corner, but know that whenever you plan your next visit, please get in touch directly and we will ensure to provide you with another unforgettable stay!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Excellent service, food, room and the hotel staff is so friendly snd welcoming. Laura Johansson the Guest Experience Manager was so helpful on making my husband birthday special. I would definately choose this hotel again for a city break.

Jody Jones

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Unchanga,

On behalf of Laura and the rest of the team here at the Montcalm, thank you very much for having taken the time to share this lovely review! I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and you feel comfortable recommending us; Rest assured that your feedback will be shared with all those involved!

I hope your next city break will come sooner rather than later, and please know that both Laura and myself remain entirely at your disposal.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

The Montcalm London is a beautiful boutique hotel. The service here is definitely first class. The staff at the hotel took well care of me. I even had the pleasure meeting the Hotel Manager, Alexander Henskens, he went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of. I highly recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you like a bigger room, go for the Junior Suite. If not, the Montcalm Club is a nice cozy room.