I booked the Montcalm because I was looking for a centrally based hotel with spa facilities. The location is excellent just around the corner from Marble Arch and the tube. I walked through Hyde Park to Knightsbridge which was great. I generally agree with the comments of the other guests who have reviewed this hotel - the staff are very attentive. Special thanks to Maria in the Champagne Bar who was very pleasant. Decor a bit blingy for my tastes but that is just a personal comment and it was very luxurious. My room was 'compact' and I was glad I was on my own or it would have been a squeeze. The refrigerator in the mini bar wasn't working and although I reported it to reception it wasn't repaired during my two night stay. In a hotel of this class I would have liked fresh milk rather than cartons of long life - I appreciate I probably could have asked but due to the issue with the fridge there was no point. The 'posh' tea bags were dreadful. Maybe I am not a tea expert but give me typhoo any day!
I would have also expected the complimentary bottle of water to have been replenished on my second day but it wasn't. The spa area was pretty basic but the exercise pool although tiny did amuse me. I had an excellent massage however, The complimentary fruit provided was fres, good quality and plentiful - consequently I didn't bother with breakfast but there was clearly lots of choice and it sounded delicious and the prices appeared to be quite reasonable for a hotel of this class. The choice of room service food was also extensive although again I didn't try it on this occasion. The bed was comfortable and I heard no noise whatsoever outside my room while I was there. I would return to the Montcalm but unless I was alone again I would probably book a club room
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Montcalm London Marble Arch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Montcalm London Hotel London
- Montcalm Nikko Hotel London
- London Montcalm Nikko Hotel
- The Montcalm London Marble Arch England