“Perfect customer service”

The Montcalm London Marble Arch
Ranked #5 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My girlfriend booked a night here for my birthday as a very special treat. She arrived before me and on checking in mentioned it was a birthday. She was asked what I like to drink before offering a bottle of very good champagne on ice in our room. They asked what time I was arriving and made sure it was in the room just before me, so the ice would not have melted! The room was very nice with a lovely bathroom. What made our stay was the attention to detail and customer service by every member of staff. From the doorman to the reception, and spa staff, all making sure you had all you need at all times. The cocktail barman was especially interested in knowing what we liked to ensure that we got the right drink. All in all, it was a wonderful treat from my girlfriend, made perfect by the Montcalm, thank you, we will be back..

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jimack1
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Jimack1,

Thank you very much for the fabulous review and rest assured that your kind feedback will be shared with the entire team here at the Montcalm. It is fantastic to hear that your stay went well and that we managed to exceed your expectations on this very special occasion! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you decide to take your girlfriend on a surprise birthday trip in return (or for any other purpose of stay of course) and it would be my pleasure to personally oversee all arrangements to ensure a complete and wonderful surprise. Hope to welcome you back soon!

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,206)

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I booked my wife and I into the Montcalm Marble Arch as it was my wife's birthday over the weekend and the hotel was well located. Having mentioned my wife's birthday at the time of booking the staff could not have done more to make it a very special day. From entering the hotel the valet parking service was superb and the reception staff were excellent. The room was very comfortable and the attention to detail was evident. The cuisine at the hotel is second to none and I would recommend it to all our friends.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John M

Dear John M,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your positive feedback at the Montcalm! I am thrilled that we managed to meet your expectations and that the surprise for your wife was complete and well received. Our Executive Chef, Kiran Deshmukh, goes above and beyond on a daily basis to ensure we provide only the highest quality of locally sourced and fresh produce, and I am very pleased that this was reflected during your dining experience at The Crescent. Please rest assured your feedback will be shared amongst the entire team as an example of what we can achieve when we work together to create amazing guest experiences. Should your travels next take you to London, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, and it would be my pleasure to personally take care of all arrangements to ensure another unforgettable stay!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Montcalm is perfectly situated for the West End, Marble Arch, Hyde Park and the Edgware Road. Nice lobby, with a polite, helpful and speedy check-in process.

Slightly small but nicely appointed rooms, a lovely bed, very clean, with a great shower all makes this one of the better places I've stayed in London and, depending on the price you get, it comes highly recommended from me. A colleague who ate in the restaurant told me it was exquisite.

The one thing that really make me laugh was the price of the items on sale in the room. £3.50 for a bag of crisps and £6.50 for a bar of chocolate is so ridiculous that I did gnuinely LOL. Tip to travellers: if you're just peckish, pop out to the Edgware Road and grab some fantastic grub from any one of the amazing Middle Eastern restaurants that are a feature of the area.

Dear TeignmouthRed,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experiences online and I am pleased to see that we managed to meet your expectations with regards to our services and facilities. I am very proud that you would feel comfortable recommending the Montcalm; it is a pity you did not have the chance to personally experience our evening dining at the Crescent, but rest assured your colleague's feedback will be shared with our Kitchen and Restaurant Team who work ever so hard to to provide our guests with a daily changing market menu, exclusively assembled from the highest quality and locally sourced ingredients.
With regards to the Minibar prices, I fully understand your concern and appreciate the feedback. It is indeed an undeniably growing trend amongst 5 star hotels in London to transform the quintessential minibar into an affordable, quick grab-and-go 'fridge', and rest assured that as a direct result of your feedback we will most certainly look into options regarding this.
Having said that, regardless of the minibar offering, it will indeed never be able to compete with Edgware Road, which as you rightly mentioned, is an amazing asset right at our doorstep, full of wonderful restaurants and bars. Should you decide to stay with us again, please don't hesitate to ask our Concierge for recommendations on great restaurants in the area, and they would be happy to help you find hidden gems, serving stunning Middle Eastern food in a great ambiance. We hope to see you again soon and should you require any assistance with future bookings, I remain fully at your disposal.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at The Montcalm on the 9th November for one night. We were visiting friends in London and wanted somewhere central. The staff were extremely friendly from the moment we arrived and were very attentive. Our room was spacious and had everything we needed. Bathroom was fabulous. The hotel bar was very nice with friendly staff. We had a late night out in London and when we returned we were greeted by a friendly doorman. The next day we decided to do some shopping and had our bags stored for us all day while we shopped. Excellent hotel and service. Great staff, excellent service and comfortable bed!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Amy R,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback and positive comments! Please rest assured that your kind words about our staff and service will be shared with the entire team.
Here at the Montcalm, we put a tremendous effort in ensuring our bedrooms are always spic and span, whilst keeping a relentless focus in developing them to always feature the most up to date facilities and amenities, and I'm glad that this contributed positively to your stay.
It's also great that during such a short stay you managed to find some time to go shopping as well; isn't it amazing to have Oxford Street right at our doorstep?
We hope to be able to welcome you back soon; should you decide to do so, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to personally assist in whichever way possible.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The hotel is situated in the best location. Kind and professional stuff. Nice size room and bathroom and nicely decorated. I had a back room which had no view but enjoyed the total silence. Great beds. Great pillows!!!. I heard breakfast is fab but I didn't get to try.

Dear Nivavw,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review following your stay at the Montcalm and I am thrilled to read that we managed to meet your expectations on this occasion. It is fantastic that you noticed the quality of our pillows; did you know that prior to checking in with us you can actually choose which type of pillow you want in your room? Whether you prefer the firmness of our 'shape you sleep' pillow, or the indulgent softness of our 'dainty's delight', we have a whole range of pillows to suit your personal sleeping preferences. It is indeed a pity you didn't manage to have breakfast with us, but not to worry; Our goal is to have the best breakfast in town (or city, it seems hardly fair to call London a town) so I can assure you that should you decide to stay with us again, it will only get better!

Should your travels next take you to London, it would be my pleasure to be your personal point of contact and take care of all arrangements. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

The Hotel doesnt have the usual ambience as is distinctly visible in any 05 star hotel. The lobby space on the ground floor is crammed.
The rooms are visibly small in size and the coffee pot is located where there is no electrical ouput. In case one desires to have a cup of coffee, one has to carry the coffee pot to the other end of the room to heat up the water. Some times it does messy. Certainly this isnt expected in a hotel which claims 05 star rating.

With regard to the break fast, the choices are very limited and even a read toast has to be ordered and the toaster is not available in the breakfast lobby for use of the hotel guests.

The silver lining is undoubtdly the Hotel Staffer Mr. Marious who assisted us a lot and also explained the various aspects of the hotel and also the rooms etc. Very helpful and deserves praise and encouragment. Full marks to him. Hope the Hotel takes note of this and conveys my special applauds to him and also have seen him handling other guest very very professional and has a very good sense of humour.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Sunil646

Dear Sunil646,

Thank you very much sharing your detailed and constructive feedback online, and please accept my apologies for the delay in response. Thank you also for your kind words about Marius, our Head Concierge. He is indeed one of our superstars and we are very lucky to have him in our team. Please rest assured your feedback has been shared with him accordingly and he was very happy to hear such nice words!
I am, however, terribly sorry to read that we did not manage to meet your expectations on this occasion. At the Montcalm, we strive to provide the best possible product and service, comparable to any other 5 star hotel in London, and please allow me to apologise for the fact that we did not manage to WOW you with our facilities and personal service.
Please do contact me directly when you are planning to visit London again; I would cherish the opportunity to restore your faith in our product and services and I am keen to show you the improvements we have made in our breakfast product since your last visit. I see that you are based in Mumbai; I would love to get your opinion on our brand new Indian set breakfast we have launched this week in our breakfast room!
With regards to your feedback about the inconvenience of the socket location in the room, I appreciate you bringing this to my attention; it is true that because each and every room in our hotel is slightly different from the other due to the original design of the building, the layout in some of the rooms is not always ideal, manifesting itself in inconveniences such as the kettle not being placed next to a power socket in a few of our rooms. I am pleased to inform you that as a direct result of your feedback, we have now started a project to rewire our power sockets in these affected rooms, to improve the convenience for our future guests.

Sunil646, thank you again for the constructive feedback as it is a tremendous help for us in improving our product and services for future guests.
Should you wish to discuss further, please feel free to contact me in a private message to: ahenskens@montcalm.co.uk, and I would happily talk with you about ways we can improve and hopefully personalise any of your future stays with us.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Dear Sir,
we stayed in the Montcalm on 1st November . Its not the first time for us and certainly not the last. Always a very good experience. The welcome ,the service,the rooms,the cleanliness.This hotel is our first choice for every visit.

Room Tip: All rooms we have had have been good ,views vary nothing special but the comfort supercedes all thi...