“Fantastic hotel, great location, service was variable over 2 stays”

Pullman London St Pancras Hotel
Ranked #117 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Brisbane
“Fantastic hotel, great location, service was variable over 2 stays”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel twice on a recent visit to London, for four nights arriving by train from Edinburgh, then a single night before catching the Eurostar.
We primarily chose this hotel for it's location to major train stations and we found this to be most helpful through out our stay. I am in a wheelchair and even when we were unable to use the tube to get to a location (which was not an accessible station) and had to get a cab, the location of the hotel was central and the cab cost was minimal. I was able to wheel myself from the station to the hotel, it was that close.
The hotel is newly refurbished and although the entry has steps, they have installed a wheelchair lift to ensure it is accessible. The entry and breakfast area is attractive and the rooms are spacious and clean, although quite simple. We stayed in a wheelchair accessible room on both occassions, Room#901 was bigger, Room #1201 was difficult to manouvre to the left side of the bed as the gap between the wall and a column was too tight for a standard wheelchair to easily clear. The shower in Room #1201 leaked and both showers were difficult to enter in a wheelchair because the shower screen.
The service on our first visit was professional and efficient, but when we returned on Easter Sunday it was disappointing. We had a hire car which my husband needed to return, there was no doorman to help with bags. They made us complete the fire questionnaire before checking in, which meant we could not get a key so my husband could leave with the hire car, this made things difficult.
The checkout on our second visit was very long and did make us later than we had hoped getting to the station (on Easter Monday). It is important to note if you take breakfast in your room (we had prepaid), there is a 3 pound surcharge per person, it was not clear this was per person.
We would stay here again, regardless on this issues on the second visit.

Room Tip: Room# 901 and Room #1201 are disabled rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Dis Trav,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Your kind comments are most gratefully received. Although, I’m sorry to hear that there were some issues that you faced during your time with us, these have been noted.

I have shared your review with my team and we hope to see you again. Please feel free to contact me personally prior to your arrival.

With my best regards.
Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (770)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Pullman London offer an excellent location (close to Kings Cross train and underground stations).
You can visit the British Library (beside) and in a 15 minutes it is possible to see the British Museum. A superb breakfast, with fresh fruits, juices and meals freshly prepared and good breads. Good size rooms with a nice shower and bathroom amenities. The staff to gentle and helpfull at any time. Enjoy it when staying in London!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Vander G,

Thanks very much indeed for the kind review.

I’m very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffat at the Golden Arrow. Our team is truly passionate about our guests' experience and I am glad it shows!

Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Best.
Hobart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Pullman in London, what a delight on check in we were offered an upgrade to the Deluxe Suite for extra money at minimal cost well worth it. The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The room was beautiful and very spacious, free internet which was great as we had just been travelling in Paris and No Free Internet anywhere over there. The bar was just beautifully decorated and staff again could not have been nicer. Overall highly recommend

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear PeytonHobart,

Thanks so very much for your review.

Making our guests feel at home is hugely important to us so I’m thrilled that you felt comfortable and at ease. This is our ultimate intention- to provide an ultra-luxury experience and of course, the essentials needed by modern travellers ie wi-fi.

Your compliments are greatly appreciated and we hope to see you on your next trip to London.

Best regards,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel during a short trip to London to catch a show and do some sight seeing. The key advantage of the hotel is that it is so close to all the main transport hubs and as such makes a great base for any London trip.

Crucially, the cost of this hotel is extremely reasonable in relation to the price. I doubt you will get a better bargain anywhere in London as the rooms are modern and comfortable, well appointed and with a great shower.

I would absolutely recommend the Pullman to anyone and will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Les F
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Les F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Pullman London St Pancras.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a positive one and that you benefited from our fantastic central location.

It will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with the rest of my team. Pullman aims to provide a stimulating atmosphere combined with lively service to our guests. Your comments will encourage my team to bring forth the highest level of service, to every guest, every time.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back again at the Pullman London St Pancras.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

The Pullman is a luxurious hotel approximately 5 minutes walk from London St Pancras and centrally located for a few days visit to London. The staff were extremely helpful and the rooms and common areas beautifully decorated in contemporary colours and furnishings. The breakfast was buffet style but loads of it including full English and continental choices. The room was large with an extremely comfortable king size bed. Couldn't fault this hotel for location or service and would definitely return again. Only gripe was the charge of £5 for one pot of tea, but I suppose that's London prices for you!

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor but view was of air conditioning unit and roof. Lovely open views from the lif...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Lovelymummy9,

Thank you for providing us with feedback relating to your recent stay at the Pullman London St Pancras.

Your feedback was a delight to read, I will personally share your kind comments with the rest of my team.

Feedback such as yours is most helpful are we are continuously assessing and improving our services. Your comments will encourage my team to bring forth the highest level of service to every guest, every time.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Visited London for three nights. Hotel was great. Convenient location to the train. That was important to us. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and had great service. Had breakfast twice. Great selection at the buffet. Would stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Nancy19001,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback relating to your experience at Pullman London St Pancras.

I am delighted that your experience at the hotel was so positive. I am pleased to see you benefited from our fantastic central location, we are very fortunate to be situated between two major train stations.

I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to my team, feedback such as yours encourages the team to bring forth the highest level of service to every guest.

I hope to welcome you back to Pullman London St Pancras in the near future.

derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

My parents stayed here before heading off for a holiday. We joined them for dinner. It was my fathers 80th and the management upgraded their room, provided wine, balloons and a cake - a super surprise. Service was attentive and the food excellent. The hotel and facilities were immaculate in terms of cleanliness. Would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Wilson14
Dear Wilson14,

I am delighted that your father enjoyed his birthday celebrations at the hotel. We understand how important such special occasion are and we do everything to make them as memorable as possible.

I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the rest of my team.

I hope to welcome you and your family back to Pullman London St Pancras in the near future.