“Lovely design hotel”

Ranked #120 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely design hotel”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was staying with my partner only for one might at this smart design hotel. Beautify lobby and rooms, have not seen the breakfast room as we did not pay for the breakfast. Be booked a kingsize room ( 190 pound a night after 30% discount) and immidietly were upgraded to the Delux room ( 445 pound a night).
The room was lovely, super disign and thoughtful of little details- mp3 player, great size tv, big table with lots of space for lap tops and books or notes. Huge bed, the biggest I ever seen in my life, and super comfy. Extra pillows in different thickness which is a great idea, a real coffee machine with real coffe to make fresh. Lovely big thick towels in an nice shower room with a powerfull ceiling shower. There was an option for hand shower head.
We had some drinks in the lobby and stayed for a dinner. I eat an amazing pasta with porcini mushroom and chestnut and my partner had a smoked salmon with dauphin potatoes. There is a great selection of wine not beer.

Overall a lovely hotel with very polit staff, 2 minutes away from St. Pancras, this did not affect the quite of the room though the hotel is situated on the main road. From the gym you can have a
beautiful view on St. Pancras station. It's not a cheep hotel, excellent for couples, business and family.

Room Tip: Ask to have a top floor room with a view to St. Pancras station.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback relating to your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a positive one and you enjoyed the warm hospitality from our team here.

Kind regards
Faith J, Quality & Attitude Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (784)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We joined friends for dinner. The food was good but we were brought the wrong size wine measure and the waiter insisted it was correct. Later a more senior one brought another glass and apologised. The ambiance could have been good but was ruined by an amateur sounding band, who together with their vocalist were determined to drown out conversation. We complained a number of times and were told that the restaurant had had many complaints but could do nothing about the noise or its level.

This is an extreme example of an increasing trend in London restaurants of playing piped or live music. If I want a concert I go to one that I have chosen. When I go out for dinner with friends it’s because I want to enjoy their company, good conversation and food. I’m sorry for people who have nothing to say, who think that playing with their mobiles is a substitute for human contact and need loud noise to block any possibility of having to engage with others.

Maybe the catering industry is missing a trick. What about darkened cellars where the anti social could sit, head phones blaring noise, broadband so they can peer at their tiny screens whilst sucking soup through a straw. This solution would free up venues for those who still like food and people.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Michael W
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Expeptional hotel standard in London. Big size room, modern , and very comfortable . The breakfast is the best I ever had in UK hotels, free internet and very convenient location with easy access to local transportations .
The rate is quite high, but ?? This is London .

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank maldeiri
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Pullman London St Pancras.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a memorable one. Breakfast at the Golden Arrow is such a great way to start the day! It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the rest of our team.

Reading
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Spent one night at this hotel before taking the Eurostar.

This is a contemporary modern hotel with great facilities. The bar and restaurant areas are lovely and the rooms are spacious and very well equipped.

We were celebrating our wedding anniversary so enjoyed a glass of champagne in the bar. Sadly we were interrupted by the fire alarm so had to evacuate the hotel for 10 minutes. However when we returned to the bar to settle our bill the drinks were complimentary to compensate for the inconvenience. This was great service from the team at the Pullman.

We'd definitely return to The Pullman when using the Eurostar again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Congratulations again on your wedding anniversary!

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a memorable one despite the unforeseen disruption from the fire alarm. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the rest of our team.

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel for its proximity to St. Pancras and Kings Cross stations. It was a wise choice. Check-in was easy although I was a little confused when the young man referred to me as Sir. It turned out that he had chosen to address my husband who was standing to one side of me. The room was very clean,very French and there was a superb shower. The bed was comfortable but the room was hot as I was unable to change the temperature setting despite following all the instructions.
Breakfast was excellent as was the attitude of all the staff. I was fascinated by the wine dispenser in the dining area. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and were particularly pleased not to have to battle through the crowds the next morning to get to the Eurostar terminal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I will share your comments with the rest of my team.

Lagos
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at the Pullman for a business trip. Nice renovated hotel.friendly and wonderful staff.very helpful and cordial. It is also very central to a lot of places and train station.
Only problem i had was the internet service,it was so slow and always tripping off. I was told i had to pay for the super fast internet access, which was a downer. overall a good experience

Room Tip: get the rooms on higher floors, so get a breathtaking view of the city
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed in this same property while it was under renovation in 2012. It was good then, it is great now. The Bed & Breakfast package was wonderful. The breakfast buffet was very well stocked and my mom, my aunts, and I had a very enjoyable visit. The 5 minute walk from St Pancras station made it very convenient for us to arrive and depart via Eurostar, even with big suitcases.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com