“Close to a five star hotel”

Pullman London St Pancras Hotel
Ranked #116 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Scotland
“Close to a five star hotel”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We only found this hotel by accident when planning our trip to London. Location is a 5mins walk from Kings Cross, even closer to St Pancras. Staff were warm and welcoming throughout the hotel right from the front door. Reception area had plenty of seating for the bar, which opened into the restaurant. One of the lifts had a glass wall so nice to get a view of London day and night. Rooms were clean, minimalist with a comfortable bed. Coffee machine, proper hair dryer, plenty of sockets (including one on the bed side cabinet - well designed). Air con efficient but window also opened a little (although front road facing rooms may be a bit disturbed by the traffic. But the capital never sleeps, and these rooms have the best views). Bathroom has a step up shower with a glass panel. This appealed to us - no baths, no shower curtain! Wasn't a large room but did the job more than nicely. Breakfast in the restaurant was very good even though it was very busy. A note appeared on our TV about a 10mins wait for breakfast between 08:30 and 10:00 as the hotel was full. We went down at this time, and the wait was only 2mins. Maybe everyone else heeded the warning!
When we return to London, we would definitely consider returning. It was ideal for all London Underground connections, even though the tourist sites are not in the immediate vicinity. No where was very far on the Underground or in a taxi.
If you want a clean and modern hotel with a bit of a buzz, this is the place.

Room Tip: Go for a front room for the view. Keeping the window closed cuts down most of the noise. The highe...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback relating to your recent stay at the Pullman London St Pancras.
I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a positive one. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the rest of my team.

Since 2012, we have invested more than £12 million to transform Pullman into the new modern and trendy hub of Central London. And that included enhancements such as the rain showerhead in the bathroom.

We also host GA Unplugged and GA Lounge every Wednesday and Friday nights; it’s a great place to relax and enjoy some fabulous cocktails created by our Mixologist.

I hope we will get a chance to welcome you back to the Pullman London St Pancras again!

Faith Johnston
Quality & Attitude Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (808)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Surrey, UK
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I've stayed twice this year, once for a busioness trip and once for an on-site conference. The hotel is clean and modern - it has a sharpness to its style. Every single staff interaction I have had, I notice they are friendly and smiley. Good lobby and comfortable common areas. Free in-room wifi. Tasty buffet breakfast, and the food at my conference too - not the fried food or stodgy, sugary pastries so commonly served up by hotels. Comfortable bed, decent bathroom toiletries. As a Platinum member I was upgraded to a larger room on the first visit. I dont think any rooms come with a bathtub, only a shower (they are good showers though). I complimented the food & bev manager about the staff quality when I was there last time...I am someone who spends 50+ nights a year in hotels and I rarely feel the need to say that !

Room Tip: high, rear-facing room should be the quietest.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for providing us with your feedback relating to your recent stay at the Pullman London St Pancras. And it's such an honour to receive this compliment from you. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with my team.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a positive one and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind regards

Hale, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has the potential to be really excellent. The location is perfect - midway between St Pancras and Euston making for really easy travel within London and to the rest of Great Britain. The staff were - apart from a noteworthy exception - brilliant. Very attentive, immediately on hand and extremely friendly.

So why the poor score?

We stayed when London was experiencing unseasonably warm weather. The air conditioning wasn't cooling the room and after a sleepless night we asked to move rooms. This was a pain as I was on a 10 day business trip and had lots of luggage. The new room was only marginally cooler and didn't help us sleep. The next morning we were told that the sitcom had been turned off for the winter. If the night manager had been honest we would have stayed in our room and not been disturbed.

I don't know why we were deceived but it added to the frustration of very warm rooms.

• Stayed September 2013
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Pullman London St Pancras.

I Iam disappointed that you felt 'deceived' during your time here. Please be rest assured that is not our intention as our guests' comfort is of the utmost importance. London was experiencing unseasonally warm weather a few weeks ago and our team tries their best to manage this situation. For instance, Housekeeping checks each room (before our guests' scheduled arrival) and makes sure that the A/C is switched on and as we also close the drapes to keep the room cool. Rooms are that west facing (maximum sun exposure) can prove a little challenging at times. If our guests are not happy with their rooms, we are more than happy to move our guests to another available room.

However, I am pleased that our team was on hand; friendly and attentive during your stay with us.

Thank you again for your kind feedback which is most helpful to us as we are constantly assessing and improving our services to you.

Kind regards

Harrogate, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business and received exemplary service.
The room and hotel generally were really well appointed and comfortable.
Not over impressed with the standard of TV content and ease of operation.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Having stayed at a Pullman hotel in Marseille a few years ago I was quite pleased to stumble across this one in London. The principal reason for choosing it was its proximity to St Pancras International as we had a very early Eurostar train to Paris during one of the days of our three night stay. However, as it turned out, this hotel has so much more to offer. I booked a Twin Room and a Superior King Room for 3 nights and booked directly with the hotel's reservations team who gave me a very good deal inclusive of breakfast. From start to finish, every single member of staff we encountered in every area of the hotel during our entire stay was polite, friendly, helpful and very professional. I would have to say that this was probably the very best staff I have encountered almost anywhere in the world. Very well done Pullman. The public areas are bright and attractive with a really nice buzz about them. But it was the bedrooms that were the real winners - perfectly appointed and decorated to a very high level. The modern shower room in particular needs special mention. In room wi-fi was free and more than fast enough for the needs of the business traveller. Beds were comfortable with beautiful linens and the air conditioning in the room was ideal. I really could not find fault with anything which is quite rare these days. Breakfast buffet was amazing with a wide selection for all. Our last London stay was at one to the 5 star, big hitter, Park Lane, 'Palace' type hotels. The Pullman put that totally to shame and was better in every single respect at a fraction of the cost. I would have no hesitation in using this Pullman hotel as my first choice for future visits to London with its excellent location and very high standards of comfort and service. You should try it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank DCG
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Pullman London St Pancras.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a memorable one. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Your compliments definitely made our day and encourage us to bring the same level of service to all of our guests, every time.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back again at the Pullman London St Pancras.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This isn't the sort of hotel that my wife and I would stay at, as would normally be out of our price range, but we given a booking here as a gift.

On arrival the staff were brilliant - very helpful and welcoming, and we were pleased to be offered an upgrade to a deluxe room.

Our room was on the 15th floor and so we had a wonderful panoramic view of London from our window. The room itself was lovely, and we appreciated the iPod dock. The bed was very comfy. The shower was really nice and it felt like receiving a warm, wet hug from the water.

Our only minor gripes was that the toilet seat in the room was a bit uncomfortable due to its squared-off shape, and we had some initial issues with the air conditioning, in terms of noise and the controls. My wife also found the pillows a bit uncomfortable at times.

The breakfast buffet selection is extensive and of high quality. The hot chocolate, recommended by a review on another web site, is well worth having.

On the whole we were very, very impressed. Maybe when we have some more money, we will come here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Spent a tree-night weekend here, had a wonderful time!

The hotel is very modern and fresh in its design and styling, and the view from our room on the 12th floor was magnificent - with a panorama stretching from the City, London Eye and BT Tower. Public transport at the doorstep, both tube, bus and trains. Great situation for exploring all parts of London.

Staff were very friendly and genuinely interested in making our stay as pleasant as possible. Breakfast was super delicious, with lots of fresh and 'home made' food, i.e. not that industrial stuff you too often get at hotels.

Although it is not too pricey for what you get, you can find cheaper hotels. However, we want the hotel to be a little bit extra than just a bed for the night. It took us a while to find this hotel in our searches, as most London hotels in this price range all seem to go for the old Edwardian style, which we were trying to avoid... If that's your thought too, then our bet is you'll like it at Pullman's - we did!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Pullman London St Pancras.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a memorable one. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the rest of our team. We consider ourselves more than just a bed for the night. We want our guests to feel welcome and comfortable when they stay with us. Their hotel room is a little sanctuary away from home.

Thank you again for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back again at the Pullman London St Pancras.