Pullman London St Pancras Hotel
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
The Euro Hotel(London)
4,646 results
All reviewsbritish libraryeuston roadgolden arrowkings crossdeluxe roommacaroonsrain showerexcellent hotelhigh floormodern hotelexcellent breakfastnespresso machineconvenient locationfew minutes walkexcellent stayan upgradeyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I like this hotel and have stayed there a few times. It has recently been refurbished and upgraded from Novotel to Pullman branding. The rooms are bright, modern, cheery and immaculately clean, although a little small (e.g. you have to close the bathroom door to be able to reach the loo) and lacking a bath tub, which for me precludes 5 stars! Nice restaurant / bar area with a good ambiance. Good enough fitness room. At £210 without breakfast, a little on the pricey side, but in a very good location. Overall I'd recommend for business, although it lacks the charm I look for when travelling for leisure.

Room Tip: The rooms on the Euston Road side are definitely noisier, so avoid if possible
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Pullman London St Pancras.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a memorable one. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the rest of our team.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Waited a couple of minutes at check in but the staff were all very attentive and effective. Room clean and modern, ours on the 16th floor didn’t suffer much from external noise despite being on the front. Breakfast good. One night stay and no complaints – didn’t make it further than room service (which was also good) and would be happy to stay again. Only complaint was the pillows were a bit hard for me! One to add to the list for either a business or pleasure trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed in the Pullman after a meeting extended which warranted an early early morning train to Paris. the hotel was well presented, clean and with a sumptuous restaurant. My room was on the second floor and as my request was quiet and without any sounds of traffic.

Bed was huge, comfortable and the room was well apointed and clean, shower was powerful and overall I would choose Pullman again as it met all my business needs.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a memorable one; great breakfast, luxurious room and excellent service. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the rest of our team.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Modern yet friendly
Chic but cosy
Worth every penny
Breakfast out of this world
All in all the most beautiful hotel, wonderful staff and I wish I was still there.
Will defiantly be back to this central hotel.
Top marks xx

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a number of times when it was a 'standard' Novotel, before the refurbishment and rebranding into a Pullman, so have a good basis for a before/after view.

On this visit, we had a fourth-floor room to the front of the hotel, so facing directly onto the (very busy) Euston Road, and, since the hotel has some 16 or so floors, quite low in that respect. I can't understand why previous reviewers protest at this, and suggest a room to the rear, because we hardly heard a whisper from outside. The secondary glazing was very efficient at keeping the noise out. It's a different matter if you leave the window open, but with air-conditioning, why would you do that?

Over our four-night stay, we found the bed to be supremely comfortable, and we slept soundly. The room, a Deluxe, was quite spacious, the bathroom well-appointed, with a very efficient rain shower. However, it was seriously lacking in storage space for our clothing. There was a decent amount of hanging rail space, but it was totally lacking in anywhere to put other clothes. No drawer space, no cupboard space, only a couple of small open cubbies in the bedside units, and one next to the minibar. I ended up with mine loosely arranged and stacked on the desk. There were a supplied dressing gown (robe) and pair of slippers, but only one of each. Why only one, for a double room and two guests?

The air-con in the room was misbehaving when we arrived, but was fixed within 20 minutes by a maintenance man who couldn't have been more pleasant and apologetic for the fault. Faults happen, that’s no big deal.

The staff were all very attentive, and very pleasant, without exception. We couldn't fault anyone. We only had one evening meal in the restaurant, but it was superb, both in taste and presentation. Breakfast was excellent, in the buffet style common to all Novotels.

Those are the good points.

The over-riding downside is that in the refurbishment and re-branding, Pullman/Novotel's Interior Designers have let their side down, and let it down badly.

I sat on the chair and chaise-longue in the room, I sat in the restaurant, I ventured through all the public areas I could find, and frankly, I don't think there's one truly comfortable chair, sofa or seat to be found in the whole hotel. The best ones we found were in the lift lobbies on the upper floors.... Certainly, the furniture LOOKS good, but it's no good at all for sitting comfortably and relaxing in.

Look at the picture of the room above this review or in Pullman's advertising - see that flat cushion with vertical sides in the corner, behind the bed? THAT'S the chaise-longue, and believe me - it's not comfortable. Without the cushions, and without also arranging a couple of pillows from the bed on it as well, it’s impossible to do anything but sit bolt upright on it. It’s also impossible for two people to sit on it side-by-side facing the TV, as the rear cushion is only one person wide. So you have a double room, with a TV, where two guests can’t sit down and watch the TV.....

Likewise, the booth-style seating in the restaurant has deep seat cushions and unyielding vertical backs - so you either sit bolt upright away from the rear cushion, with no back support, or you sit back and end up miles away from the table.

Before and after comparison -

On previous stays, I/we had a similar size/standard of room, and the typical setup at that time was for the rooms to have a double bed with a sofa bed, allowing flexibility in the room setup - a family could be accommodated with children in the sofa bed, it could be used as a twin room, with each guest having a separate double bed, etc., but crucially for us - this setup allowed for a guest couple to have a double bed, and a sofa upon which they could both sit in the room in comfort to watch TV, read and relax, or one could sit on the sofa whilst another was on the work chair at the desk. This was a sofa you could lounge back and feel comfortable in, something which is an impossibility with the chaise-longue in the current rooms.

With the current Pullman setup, there are only two places to sit in these rooms - the chaise-longue and the desk/work chair, neither of which are comfortable in the long term, and neither of which you can actually RELAX in. So, you have a Deluxe Double Room, where a couple can sleep in comfort, but can't spend any meaningful amount of waking time in their room in comfort, nor can store a decent quantity of clothing for a four-night stay.

No blame in any of this can be attached to the hotel staff, who, I'll say again, were unfailingly polite, efficient, and served us exceedingly well.

It's all the fault of designers and background staff who don't seem to actually test or use the stuff they design and install, who don’t appear to have put their rooms through a proper acceptance test.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple