Tripadvisor
London
1,085 results
All reviews green park the palm court afternoon tea buckingham palace the club lounge harpist playing spg points le meridien piccadilly circus hotel is beautiful concierge staff luxury hotel superior room upon check excellent location an upgrade tube station
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very enjoyable and comfortable stay in a quiet January. The bar is nothing to write home about but there's a great breakfast on offer and rooms are smart and comfortable. Would happily stay again when the price is right. Paid 202 pounds with breakfast on an offer.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Roskers
SheratonGrandManager, Manager at Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Roskers,

I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to submit your valuable feedback with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our rooms smart and comfortable.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon to the Sheraton Grand London Park Lane Hotel.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Kind Regards,
Sheraton Grand London Park Lane Hotel

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in January 2020. While I was very excited about the stay going in, ultimately I was very disappointed. In fact, it has made me likely to switch away from Bonvoy going forward (I’m a Bonvoy Titanium Elite currently, and likely would have made Ambassador Elite in 2020). This should have been an opportunity to experience the best of what Bonvoy elite status can provide, and it just wasn’t impressive. In some ways, it was downright strange. Perhaps Hyatt will be better.

I reserved a AAA rate for a Superior Park View Room, paying about £275/night. I applied five Suite Night Awards (SNA), and secured an upgrade to a Grand Park View Suite five days prior to check in—very exciting. Ultimately I was assigned to room 341, which had a decent (but not great) view of Green Park, limited by only being on the third floor.

Upon entering the hotel, I was immediately greeted by a doorman who took my bag and escorted me to check-in. This was undoubtedly the best customer service I received for the entire stay—until the same employee did the reverse as I checked out. If all of the hotel’s employees were as courteous and welcoming as him, my stay would have been greatly improved.

When I got to the room, I recalled that the Grand Park View Suite (and, indeed, all suites) are listed as including certain ancillary benefits, including a complimentary afternoon tea, wet shave, and manicure/pedicure. I sent a chat message on the Bonvoy app inquiring, and the manager called shortly after. He said I wouldn’t be receiving the benefits since it’s only on eligible rates (he noted I booked a AAA rate). I pointed out that the verbiage on the website does not tie the benefits to any particular rate, and he agreed that they should change the website. As of now, the website has not been changed.

It felt a bit like getting a first class flight upgrade but being denied the meal service—disappointing, but at least the core of the upgrade remained. Unfortunately, from there I had a series of problems with the basics of the hotel.

On the first night, the bedroom phone started making an alarm noise for no apparent reason, and the desk phone was non-functional. I was already set for bed and didn’t want to walk downstairs, so I unplugged the phone for the night. I reported it in the morning when I left around 9am. It seemed to be fixed by the time I returned, around 4pm—but the room hadn’t been cleaned. I’m not sure if that’s typical, but I’ve never had a Fairfield room not be cleaned by 4pm. I called down and asked for housekeeping. Later in the week, I saw an employee knocking on doors around 6pm asking if rooms had been cleaned. Perhaps they’re having organizational issues.

They cleaned the room over the next hour, but clearly did a quick job. For instance, they forgot to refill the coffee pods; when I asked for some, they sent up a gift bag filled with all manner of coffee items clumsily dropped in. I picked out the pods, leaving the bag on the desk. (Housekeeping removed the bag the following day.) Later that night, around 8pm, the phone alarm started again. Again, I unplugged it for the night and reported it the following morning.

Nothing notable occurred until the final night. Turndown service left a small gift box on the pillow. I expected a set of four chocolates, perhaps. Instead, it was two mini-chocolate bars, of the same type given the prior nights, packed loosely with some coffee beans. It just seemed weird.

Maybe I expect too much, but when I think of a luxury hotel stay, I want three things: First, I want the basics to be handled, with no negative surprises. Second, I expect to be welcomed and treated like a valued guest. So often, interactions with staff felt awkward (such as in the lounge and at breakfast). Third, I want some positive surprise—a modest departure gift, a welcome note, something. This hotel felt like a Fairfield Inn with (much) nicer decor and a better location, though again at least the Fairfield has always cleaned my room. Considering the issues, I would have hoped a manager would’ve proactively reached out, but the only time I heard from him was to deny the ancillary benefits of the room.

Bottom line, I wouldn’t stay again.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SheratonGrandManager, Manager at Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Joshuaw835,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. My name is Norbert Toth and I am the Manager on Duty at the Sheraton Grand London Park Lane.
It has come to my attention that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize.
I am disappointed to read that you had an issue with the phone in your room and that you were not satisfied with our Housekeeping service throughout your stay. I would like to kindly assure you that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to continuously improve the conditions of the property and the service throughout.
Furthermore, I would like to sincerely apologize regarding the confusion with the package that is included, in case one of our suites are booked on best available rate.
Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations.
I hope to have the opportunity to restore your faith in our service in the near future whenever your travels bring you back to London. Please feel free to contact me personally if this happens and I will be more than happy to look after your stay.
Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to London.
Norbert Toth
Assistant Manager Front Office
Sheraton Grand London Park Lane
norbert.toth@sheraton.com
+44 207 290 7208

Reviewed January 13, 2020

I was attending a reunion ( 6 of us we students in London many years ago) and we had agreed to start things off at a pub in Shepherds Market so I needed a hotel that was within crawling distance and the Sheraton fitted the bill perfectly. I also liked it because was recently refurbishment and had character unlike a lot of hotels nowadays. An added bonus was the Club Lounge which was actually quite spacious and had a decent spread of food/snacks at various times of the day.

My Club room was about 30m2 'ish which is a good size for a London hotel albeit some of the standard rooms are a "cozy" 20m2. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom was a decent size with a separate shower.

My only dissappointment was not getting a Sunday Times delivered to my room as ordered the day before at check in so had to read the Club Lounge copy over breakfast as opposed to my usual routine with a cup of tea in bed.

On Sunday afternoon we had an average Club Sandwich in the Palm Court and unusually there was a harpist playing which was pleasant.

In summary, a good quality functional hotel in a good location with good service and facilities......

Date of stay: January 2020
SheratonGrandManager, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear Riki747,

I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to submit your honest and detailed description of your stay with us.
I am really pleased to hear about your satisfaction from the design of the hotel and its offering all the way until the service. Please accept my sincere apologies that the newspaper was not delivered to your room as requested and rest be assured your constructive feedback has been shared with our Concierge team to ensure this is not repeated in the future.
Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Well maintained hotel near hyde park in London. short walk to Piccadilly . The rooms are good, well maintained. the staff is helpful. there is a great bar in the hotel lobby, which makes excellent cocktails.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
SheratonGrandManager, Manager at Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Dear Nycnls,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your experience at the Sheraton Grand London Park Lane Hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and we are delighted to read that you had a pleasant experience in the Palm Court.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope to serve you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
The Sheraton Grand London Park Lane Team

Reviewed January 8, 2020

I stayed at this hotel in time of Christmas, December 2019, on the 5th floor of the Park View Superior Room overlooking Green Park.

Let me start right here. I definitely recommend the extra charge of the Delux Room to the Park View Superior Room, which is located higher up in the hotel, thus providing greater comfort for the quiet and views of Green Park. The London Eye lights are also seen at night.

The hotel rooms are exactly the same as in the images hotel advertise, while providing all of the aforementioned hygiene aids for a business or leaisure stay.

The hotel was decorated with Christmas at the time, and the atmosphere also offered Christmas menus at Afternoon tea.

The hotel staff were very meticulous, friendly and professional with their guests. I was particularly impressed with the porter, concierge and cleaning service.

Taxis are available in front of the hotel (ultimate London experiance), and a 5-minute walk away is the Green Park Underground Station, with which also starts the shopping district. On the other hand side of the hotel there is 5min walk to Hyde Park and Mayfair district. Overall, a one-off location.

Room tip: Upgrade to Park View Superior Room for a view of Green Park and London Eye;
Date of stay: December 2019
SheratonGrandManager, Duty Manager at Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Dear Nina K,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback about your experience at the Sheraton Grand London Park Lane.

We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and you got to enjoy the beautiful London Eye lights from your room. I am glad to hear that our staff across the hotel were helpful and made you feel welcome and I will be sharing your feedback with the rest of the hotel.

Kind Regards