1,370 results
All reviews green park buckingham palace great location shepherd market tesco express piccadilly circus hyde park afternoon tea good size oxford street breakfast was included west end central location full english min walk the ritz concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for just over a week in October and it was a great base from which to travel to the office and then unwind in the evenings.

The hotel is in the heart of Mayfair and you have some of the best restaurants in town in your doorstep.

It’s an old fashioned style hotel and they could certainly make more of the location by upping the dining options. The rooms are service were fine but they could be far better and they would need to be if they wanted to compete with the top end places nearby.

In summary, if you need a good-looking, comfortable hotel to stay in central London with an amazing location, this is well worth considering.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2020

We stayed here at the beginning of December for a surprise 70th birthday for my mum. What a treat it was. The hotel was beautifully decorated for Christmas. The staff were so attentive and caring and couldn’t do enough to help with making our stay more memorable. They upgraded my mums room, which was more like a private flat. Both our rooms were so clean and tidy. The breakfast was superb.
Could not rate this hotel any higher, what a fabulous place and will certainly be visiting again. What a treat thank you.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Amhinchy
Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

I’ve stayed at the Washington Mayfair for a conference in the beginning of September. My room was completely different from the website pictures - old, dirty, full of mold in the bathroom, towels with stains, bad smell and with a crack at the window that let the noise come in. Staff at front desk was nice - the only ones I’ve talked to. Tried to move to another place but couldn’t find a room. It was just bad. Just wanted to end the conference and get back home! Talked to the hotel just to give a feedback and their reply was there was nothing wrong and I’m the one to blame, although they’ve offered apologies for anything bad that might have happened... so, for that treatment, better to avoid it. Had some bad experiences in the past and we just want to be heard and offered some apologies at least - since we’ve paid, quite a lot, for it!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2020

I was on the secret escapes site and booked The Washington in Mayfair in error, i meant to book another one as the trip advisor reviews were not good for this hotel, but i wasn't able to cancel so went ahead with the stay. And glad we did. We stayed there yesterday to celebrate my partner's birthday and on arrival saw the reception and bar areas were bright and nicely decorated but nothing overly swish. We were given an upgrade to a smart, spacious room with a clean, modern bathroom providing a good shower.. The bedroom was clean, bed comfy and the breakfast tasty with a nice range of cooked items, fruit and pastries. Knowing it was my partners birthday, they left balloons and cake which was a lovely surprise. Plus location was very convenient for shopping, shows, restaurants and museums, adding to a totally enjoyable experience. Thanks to the Washington Hotel team :-)

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank mary305
Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

After reading a lot of reviews I was a bit worried about booking tea for 2 but I was quite surprised. We arrived and were seated the staff were friendly they brought tea and coffee we got refill when we asked food was good sandwiches and cakes couldn’t eat all took some home. We stay for a long time catching up and staff didn’t rush us. We got the deal on groupon so wasn’t expecting much but it was good nice and quite could hear our selves talk which was nice.
Wasn’t as bad as I had read depends what u want from tea for 2 wasn’t the rizt but was still lovely. We had a glass of process each can’t fault it for what we paid for.
Would recommend I say always judge for your self

Date of stay: January 2020