Good location in Mayfair, rooms at the front may suffer from passing traffic, rooms at the back won't but you will have views of brick walls from neighbouring properties. 5 minutes walk from Green Park tube station and there is a Cafe Nero (for breakfast) and Tesco Express (for drinks, snacks sandwiches etc) across the road
Travelled with Husband and two daughters and were allocated a twin and King connecting room (booked cheapest rooms) 111 &115. The rooms were nicely furnished and beds & pillows comfy with a good powerful shower and pleasant toiletries were supplied. There was a proper 3 heat/2 speed hairdryer and plenty of drawer and hanging space. Didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on food/drink. So far I would have rated this hotel 4-4.5/5. Now the bad bits:
The lighting and the temperature. The corridors are dimly lit and the rooms even more so. The twin room had a mirror near the window so at least in the daylight you had a chance of not ending up looking like Coco the Clown if trying to put make up on but no such luck in the King room (111) The bathroom had two downlighters but no lighting near the sink. Now onto the temperature. The twin room was fine, airconditioning was working and their room was a pleasant temperature. Not so the King room. The room was warm before we left to go out for the evening so we turned the air-con on but when we returned about 2am it was 26c. Messing about with the controls had no effect whatsoever so we had a very uncomfortable night's sleep. We mentioned this on checkout later that morning but only got a muttered "sorry" from the guy on the checkout desk.
In summary, this hotel is good value if you book in advance and get a decent rate and need to be in the Mayfair area but check your room before you unpack if being able to see and being able to sleep in comfort are important to you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The central Mayfair location speaks for itself with Piccadilly minutes from the front door, Hyde Park and St James Parks less than 10 minutes away and the Bond Street shops and theatres of the West End within walking distance. Constructed in 1913,The Washington Mayfair's decor has echos of its Art Deco heritage while the upgraded rooms offer new air conditioning, sleek new bathrooms with power showers and well equipped accommodation. Rooms are of a good size, especially for central London and decorated in warm and welcoming earth tones. Free WiFi, fluffy bathrobes, deluxe toiletries, hairdryers, laptop safe, complimentary tea and coffee making facilities are provided as standard. In house valet service or iron & ironing board available on request. 24 Hour Room Service and a relaxed and welcoming Bar Lounge and Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Washington Mayfair Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Mayfair London
- Hotel Washington Mayfair
- Washington Mayfair Hotel London, England