I emailed the hotel with some requests before we arrived. A fridge for medication, a kettle and after reading reviews on here about views, a room at the front of the hotel as we were celebrating and didn't want our stay spoilt by the view. I had a quick response saying all this will be taken care of and we were to be upgraded to a better room. Great!
The hotel couldn't be in a better position in London. On the corner of Bond Street and Conduit Street, central to the heart of the city. When we arrived we were checked in by Phillipe, who was very courteous, helpful and a lovely friendly chap. Then to our room, it was all prepared however there was no kettle and strangely no iron and ironing board even though room details on the website we booked through stated there would be. No problem, a quick call down fixed this. The room was spacious (for London) and the bathroom small but opulent. To our surprise, chocolate cake, fruit and water arrived to mark our celebration. This was delicious, a lovely thought and very much appreciated.
After dinner we return to the hotel, to be honest we automatically expected our room to be turned down. It was not. However, I am sure had we requested this (had we of thought to) before we left it would've been. We had a king bed, however this was two singles zipped together. We found it wasn't too much of a problem (not like some reviewers have stated). The bed wasn't the comfiest, but it wasn't too bad, it certainly wasn't up to 5 star standards though. Wi-Fi in the room is to be paid for, which is always surprising nowadays in five star hotels.
Breakfast was served in the Brasserie Chavot. It was possibly the best breakfast I have tasted. The scrambled eggs divine. The bacon smoked just right. The bread selection delicious. Which is unsurprising as the Brasserie Chavot is fantastic in its own right.
Overall a lovely stay. Great service. Would definitely stay again and recommend both the hotel and the brasserie. We would like to say thanks for the hotel's generosity!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westbury Mayfair is a five star hotel located on Bond street, in the heart of Mayfair - home to the top fashion houses and London’s most exclusive bars and restaurants. Oxford Circus and Bond Street tube stations are minutes walking distance, which provides for convenient commute to the rest of London. Our hotel boasts of 249 luxury rooms and suites, event and private dining areas, our trendy Polo Bar, intimate Tsukiji sushi restaurant, and the newly opened and highly anticipated restaurant Alyn Williams at the Westbury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Westbury Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westbury Mayfair Hotel London
- Westbury Mayfair London, England