The Westbury Mayfair
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Cafe Royal(London)
  • Pool
1,563 results
All reviewspolo barbond streetalyn williamsregents streetroom serviceregent stluxury hotelturn down servicetea and coffee facilitiesfantastic locationroom ratewest endmayfairconciergespgtheatretube
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here because the Kingsway Hall Hotel had double booked us, was told this was an upgrade, first room was disappointing, changed to a larger one but in both cases the bathroom was tiny, if you're over 4 ft tall you won't fit in the bath, showers are over the bath and no pressure,.
No tea/coffee facilities in the rooms. Only thing 5* about this hotel are the prices.

Room Tip: Don't have room with interconnecting doors unless you want to hear everything your neighbour is saying/doing
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bev_allen123
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The staff, this is what makes the hotel really comfortable. Special thanks to reservation and concierge services. Once you get in touch they seem to be your personal accountants and assistants. I was lucky to solve all requests by a simple call or approach to the desk.

Room Tip: ask the reservation staff that are really honest
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mirmehdy
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is excellent and whilst everything about it says excellence it was slightly "stuffy" and expensive. We booked this through travelzoo and got a very good deal, otherwise we probably wouldn't have stayed.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank NornIronPomme
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stop in 5 star hotels in london often about 25 times a year on business, this was the first time i have stayed at the Westbury (ps its not on bond street its on conduit street !) from the very moment myself my fiance and my 9 yr old walked into the hotel i just new that it was going to go wrong. firstly they told me that my business credit card was refused twice ( i have 20k per month on that one) so they took the garuntee money of my personal card, that alone infurited me so i rang the bank and they gave me the authorisation code ! so i had in fact paid twice ! the two ladies on reception must have gone to the harold shipman charm school because i found it very difficult to explain to them what they had done when i went back down to reception from my room!
then when we went to the car on leaving, the plebe who gave me the keys asked me for £40.00 in cash for the cash only parking fee ! with only £25.00 left in my wallet i was pointed to the barclays bank some 200mtres down the road ! i can assure you that i will not be staying in this hotel again- there loss as i have got to book two rooms for three nights at the end of April ! ps the room was very out dated and i would have been better sleeping on the floor- and certainly not a 5 star stay RUBBISH

Room Tip: Dont stay in room 702 !
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MarkS187048
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Westbury Mayfair was recently added to my company's list of hotels in London. I am so thankful that it was. I've stayed there twice in the last six weeks and plan to do so again the next time I go to London. The hotel location and service make my business trips easier and more comfortable. I've already recommended the hotel to other colleagues visiting London.

I stayed in both a superior queen and a superior king on the lower floors during my visits. The rooms are small but adequate for a single business traveler in central London. Noise does travel between rooms and it is easy to hear guests next door. I was next to other travelers keeping similar hours to mine so this noise was not too disruptive.

The bathrooms are also small but adequate. Everything in the bathroom was clean and worked as expected. The older fixtures add to the charm and personality of the room, in my opinion. The towels are large, soft, and absorbent. The towel warmer kept the towels toasty all the time (a nice luxury).

The in-room HotStream TV / internet service was fine on my first visit but didn't seem to work particularly well on my second visit. During my second visit, I experienced the TV channel freezing that others have described, the wired ethernet wasn't working in my room, and the wi-fi service was inconsistent (dropped or slow connections). A technician was sent to my room on my second visit but couldn't fix the wired connection.

As a business traveler, it would be nice to be able to have multiple devices access the internet at one time, for one price. The current system allows you to buy and share access between devices, but only one device can access the internet at a time. The staff at the Westbury seem very attentive to customer wants and needs so I'm hopeful that they will soon figure out a way to permit this.

Breakfasts at the hotel are very nice and I appreciate not having to eat from a buffet every morning. The Polo Bar is an oasis with excellent bartenders, cocktails, and food. The table staff are also polite, professional, and attentive even when the place gets busy (and it does!).

The fitness room is very small (just a bike, an elliptical, a treadmill, a set of small dumbbells and a lat pull-down machine) but served it's purpose for me. I did not ask about nearby gym facilities.

One request I would make is to have a non-smoking floor for non-smoking guests. On my second visit, I was in a room that had a door to an adjoining room. Two of the nights I was there, my next-door neighbors in that adjoining room were smokers and their smoke would come into my room via that adjoining door. If this happens on a future visit I will ask for a room change but it seems the situation could be avoided all together with a smoke-free floor. Of course, I'm not sure how difficult or costly that would be, but this business traveler would appreciate it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business