“great central place to stay”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #13 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 1, 2010

less than 100m from green park tube station. great location. nice area, felt safe at night. Sainsbury and M&S over the road.
walking distance to oxford street, knightsbridge and loads of other places.
lovely hotel reception, they allowed us to check in at 11am.
lovely room, lovely bath room. Plenty of storage. however no view from the windows of the room. But when staying in London, you don't spend a lot of time in the room through the day.
all the staff were great. Breakfast expensive (£15 at the weekend), but really tastie and loads of choice.
only critism, the hair dryer was rubbish!!! and that really it.
would definately stay there again. Great hotel, great weekend stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 1, 2010

We recently stayed at the Chesterfield Mayfair based on recommendations from this website. We found it to be everything others were raving about. Great location! Fabulous staff, great rooms, quiet, good bed, lovely English breakfast in the morning.
Would definitely stay again, and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2010

This is THE hotel to stay in upon your visit to London. They really have thought of everything when it comes to fulfilling the needs of the guests. The service was exceptional... the location.. perfect.. and the beds were the best we have ever slept on! We will always be staying at this hotel on future visits to London.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2010

The hotel accomodations were top quality. Service was excellent. Personnel were friendly and accommodating. Restaurant served spectacular food. Lounge was cozy, hospitable, quiet, piano entertainment, and great assortment of drinks with snacks and light meals available. We have been here about 5 times for stays of a few days to 16 days this trip. This is a 5 Star Hotel with quality service.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Stayed in this Hotel during my cousins wedding, this is where most guest stayed as the reception was just next door,
I find this hotel cute, but very old. I think it was built in the Tudor times. Breakfast was fantastic. Typical English. Hotel bathroom is very mordern and clean. I find the staff to be extremely helpful. Also, the was free internet.
The best part of this hotel is the location. Very prime, this is the downtown of London city.
Would recommend for business or couple but not family.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2010

My mother and I were planning a weekend trip to London and after going through the hotels on tripadvisor, we decided on the Chesterfield Mayfair Weekend Break. We had been to the hotel once before, for Afternoon Tea in the conservatory, and fell in love with the hotel then and there. We were thus extremely excited to spend a weekend at the Chesterfield and arrived with high expectations.
From the moment we arrived at the hotel, all those expectations were met and even exceeded. Every single member of staff was friendly and helpful, our luggage was carried upstairs and we immediately felt right at home.
The room (on the fifth floor) was absolutely lovely, but it was the little things that made it extra special: the personalised welcome card, cute slippers, flowers, lotion on your pillow...lovely!
The weekend break included Afternoon Tea, which was just as good as we remembered, and was followed by a walk around the neighbourhood. It's truly a wonderful location.
All in all, we've had the most amazing weekend which was largely due to this gorgeous hotel, its friendly staff and the excellent food that was served. I would recommend the Chesterfield to anyone, especially female travellers as we felt very safe throughout our stay.
My only regret? I just read that the slippers were complimentary... I would have brought them home with me had I known that... hopefully next time :)

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed May 21, 2010

You might be reading this planning your first international vacation, not really sure where to stay, which areas, unaware of the locations etc as was I when i was booking my first vacation overseas. You're probably on this site trying to find a nice, comfy hotel to stay for all of what you've been saving up to spend on your hotel for this trip.

Book. This. Hotel. With all my heart I can confidently say, you will love this hotel.

My friend and I stayed in 3 hotels on our first trip to London/Paris. This was the first of the three and it trumped them all. This hotel is right off the Green Park station which has THE most convenient Tube lines to go on, Piccadilly, Victoria, and Jubilee. You could get close to anywhere from our hotel. Easy breezy.

The moment we walked in the lobby, the concierge put down our bags and gave us a tour of the hotel. The desk staff were SO PATIENT and SO KIND. Great great group of people working there, outstanding and willing to go out of their way to help us on our stay. For example, an electricity converter that my friend bought was faulty and burnt out her hair straightener. The hotel sent up an electricity converter right away and offered her a hair straightener. From Tube directions to even Paris travel tips - I can't stress how phenomenal they were.

The room - was stunning. Absolutely stunning. comfy, cozy, home-y, luxurious, gorgeous. The room service was delish. They even offered free apples in the lobby. Free Wi-Fi in the rooms and free internet on the two computers they had in the basement which was beautifully furnished and a staircase away from the main lobby. I felt completely safe there.

So internet readers planning your vacation, stop your search right here. As I wear the comfy complimentary slippers I brought home I can't stress to you enough - book this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends