We have just returned from a fantastic weekend break at the Chesterfield, Mayfair. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and full of character in the heart of Mayfair. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. On arrival we were upgraded to a Suite, which was amazing. The suite had two bathrooms, one with a shower and the other with the bath. A huge king size bed, a sofa area, table and chairs, mini-bar, tea/coffee facilities, all luxury toiletries, slippers, towels, dressing gown, iron, ironing board, shoe shine, safe and lots of extras. We came home on our first evening in London to find mince pies placed beside our bed and the beds turned down. There were soo many lovely touches from the Chesterfield and they made us feel very special. The hotel is great for a romantic weekend away, especially if you have a suite. We have previously stayed in another hotel is Mayfair which is slightly closer to Oxford Street but it did not come close to how we were treated at the Chesterfield and how beautiful this hotel was. The hotel is walking distance to Oxford Street, Bond Street and Regent Street. The weekend we were there 5/12/09 which was VIP Day, this is where Oxford Street and Regent Street are closed to buses and taxis and it is pedestrians only all day, apparently the dates each year for this day can change. There was street entertainment and lots going on and it was a real christmas feel. We went to The Punchbowl Pub, which is owned by Guy Ritchie, this is just around the corner from the Chesterfield and is a real London pub with a great atmosphere. We spent time in the Hotel bar which was very relaxed and again remarkable staff. We wished we had stayed for another night but we will definitely return next year and this time stay for longer. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a romantic weekend away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located in exclusive Mayfair, near to designer shopping and many of the city's most iconic attractions, the Regency style hotel feels comparable to a traditional private club. Quiet, calm and efficient service blends with supreme comfort and luxury. Guest rooms and deluxe suites combine superb facilities with relaxing surroundings. The Library, Butlers Restaurant, Conservatory and intimate bar cater for every culinary whim or inclination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your The Chesterfield Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair London
- The Chesterfield Mayfair London, England