“Overall excellence” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
UK
“Overall excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My mother returns year after year from South Africa to the Chesterfield. The Chesterfield never disappoints. This year she received a hand written letter from the Manager thanking her for her continuous valued custom together with a bowl of fruit. The concierge greeted her when she arrived - having recognised her from previous years - and knew her name! She said she felt so valued by this hotel and her head had grown the size of the Chesterfield itself! This is old world charm, where every visitor is treated as royalty. Well done!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank OdellUK
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your mother's experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that your mother had another enjoyable stay with us; we love to welcome back members of our Chesterfield family. I am thrilled that she appreciated the fruit and personal note in her room and that my team recognised her by name; we love when guests notice our dedication.

I look forward to welcoming your mother back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver Raggett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. First time on London, loved the area and this quaint but opulent hotel. The furnishings were lovely and very comfortable. Rooms were small, but cozy, I expected this. Beds were so comfortable. The staff were lovely and very helpful. They event surprised us with a signed card from all the team and lovely cupcakes as a for our 22 year anniversary. Thankyou!
The area was affluent as expected and had great coffee shops, pubs and restaurants close by. Easy to get cabs, which the doorman hails very quickly so no problem with finding transport.
I would recommend this hotel and area to stay in.
Hopefully will get to return soon

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kcosta1
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair for your first ever trip to London and that you had an enjoyable stay with us. My Executive Housekeeper will be thrilled to hear that you found the finishings to be of a high standard throughout the hotel and that you had a great nights rest in our comfortable beds.

I am delighted that you appreciated the added touches of a card and cupcake for your anniversary; we are grateful when guests notice our dedication.

Thank you for recommending The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to in the future.

Henlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Wonderful stay this exceptional hotel, everything was perfect The staff and service are outstanding. Our rooms were lovely. All of our Restaurant meals were superb; from breakfast with its outstanding range of options, to the afternoon teas to our wonderful evening meals.

The attention to detail at the Chesterfield is second to none; everything seems to be carefully thought of to ensure we enjoyed a unique experience.

Location is easily within walking distance of the shops in Oxford Street, Kensington and Knightsbridge together with the typical London attractions. However it is worth taking a few minutes stroll towards Berkeley Square, and window shop for your next car possibly a Bentley or a Rolls or even a Bugatti, if only!

Already looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank BAJ89
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a brilliant review after your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that your stay at the Chesterfield Mayfair was a memorable experience and that you found the rooms to be comfortable and well decorated. My Restaurant Manger will be happy to hear that the food in our in house restaurant, Butlers was delicious and that you were able to join us for breakfast and afternoon tea.

We take great pride in our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield and I am thrilled that you appreciated the care and attention that you experienced from my team during your stay. I am delighted that our Mayfair location was ideal for your few days exploring London as well.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel..

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service. Excellent location. the rooms are a little small, but everything else makes u forget the tiny space and forces you to fall in love with this authentic English hotel. The concierge service in this hotel is phenomenal! A superb hotel!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank M45H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our traditional English hotel and that your bedroom was well appointed. I am glad that you found the location convenient for you; with many of the main sights within walking distance of the hotel. Thank you for your kind words regarding the helpful staff that you experienced; especially the concierge team who were able to assist you in planning your time in London.

I look forward to you joining us again at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We wanted a very English/Mayfair experience and this beautiful hotel provided exactly that. The room was warm and spacious accompanied by an elegant bathroom. The location was perfect literally a minute walk to Berkley Square. The service from all staff was excellent and the English breakfast we had each morning fresh and delicious. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Matthew_from_Perth
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you had the true British experience you wished for at our traditional boutique hotel. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found your room to be warm and tastefully decorated and for the bathrooms to be well appointed. Breakfast in Butlers Restaurant is a great start to the day and I am glad that you found it to be fresh and delicious.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Centereach, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This hotel is magnificent. Rooms are bright and cheery. Staff is more then helpful. Area attractions are in walking distance. Taxi service is right in front when necessary. Restaurant is top quality. Concierge service staff is exceptional, answering all questions with expert

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Robert H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the bedrooms to be well decorated and comfortable. I am glad that you took advantage of our Mayfair location and walked to the major attractions. Thank you for your kind words regarding the helpful staff that you experienced; especially the concierge team who were able to assist you in planning your time in London.

warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I took my Grandmother to London for a short trip to celebrate her birthday and stay at The Chesterfield. Having stayed at red carnation hotels before including The Milestone in London I had high expectations and I am pleased to say I wasn't disappointed. From the moment we checked in the staff made my Grandmother & I feel very welcome. We had been upgraded as it was a special occasion which was much appreciated and she was accompanied arm in arm to our suite which made her feel very special. We also ate lunch in the restuarant which was delightful and again the staff were very friendly and attentive. Upon arrival back at the hotel later in the day we arrived in the room to find a birthday card and small birthday cake for my grandmother which made her day and I would like to express my gratitude to all the staff for helping make her stay in London a special one. Every single member of the team was polite, helpful and very attentive, a credit to the red carnation group - with special mention to the front of house/reception team. Last but not least the breakfast was also delicious, I would highly recommend staying here and will be back again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank bazjosmith
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to learn that after staying at some of our sister properties you chose to join us as The Chesterfield Mayfair to celebrate your grandmother’s birthday. We enjoy making our guests feel at home with us and I am thrilled that you felt warmly welcomed to the hotel and that you appreciated the larger room for the special occasion.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you joined us in Bulters Restaurant for lunch and that you found the food to be delicious. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield and I am glad that you appreciated the added touches of birthday treats for your grandmother. Thank you for your kind words regarding the friendly and helpful service that you experienced through out your stay, I will be sure to share your review with all of my team here.

As always, I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.